Wii, I got it.

Posted By: Inestical

Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 07:12

I just got Wii yesterday, and am planning on purchasing games to it. I'm planning at least these two babies:

- Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
- No More Heroes

Now, what else would I need to get my Wii working well as a console?
Posted By: Tryforce

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 08:06

YOu'Re abit late huh ? :P

I bought the Wii when it came out with Twilight Princess. Damn this game rocks! You will have fun with it.

Not sure about No more Heroes, Probably going to bore you after some time. The Preview didnt seem all to goo tbh.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 08:10

I'm late with it because my dad screwed it up, but finally I got it.

Any new games I should get?
Posted By: Arcaine

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 08:51

Rayman Raving Rabbits

this game is just nuts and very funny ^^

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 08:57

Rayman... Okay, I'll add it to the list. I'll put in boxing until I get Zelda and No moar heroes.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 09:16

Trauma Center Second Oppinion
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Posted By: Rich

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 13:41

Super Smash Bros brawl for sure.
Posted By: Techd

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 14:20

Paper Mario 8

Mario Party 8
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 15:06

i wish i had money :P......
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 16:17

No offence, but PS3 is alot better.
Its the best console out.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 18:57

@ Rich
 Originally Posted By: Rich

Super Smash Bros brawl for sure.

Confirmed \:D \:D

@ Blade
 Originally Posted By: Blade28081991

PS3 = stunning graphics
Wii= amazing gameplay and multiplayer
;\) ;\)

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 19:17

Quote:
Rayman Raving Rabbits

this game is just nuts and very funny ^^

confirmed. The game is totally hilarious! I loled my @ss off while playing it! \:D
Posted By: Error014

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 20:45

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Babaros' Treasure.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

God, just buy it already, it's really good, nice style, and amazing puzzles, it's just so clear fun and makes you feel supersmart. It's great, there is no denying! Just buy it, and do so before you buy Paper Mario and Mario Kart and Brawl and No more Heroes and what-have-you, because it's unclear how long you can still buy this. Also, it's awesome - I've taken the test, I am now qualified to say awesome as often as I want, thank you very much - and definately worth a purchase. Sometimes pretty difficult, but the nice and logical kind of difficult.

Just that it kills you mercilessly is mean. There always is SOME kind of hint that something kills you, but sometimes, its easy to miss those.

--

Also fun and not mentioned:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - nice athmosphere, and basically a must-have
Mario kart - okay, so maybe that was mentioned, its the first Wiigame with a working and good multiplayer.
Mercury Meltdown Revolution - there are tons of balance games for this machine, but this one is really fun and unique, thanks to the "drop-of-mercury"-mechanic
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure: I just wanted to make sure this one won't get lost.
Super Paper Mario - Actually... I, I think I still haven't finished this.

And yes, Mario Galaxy is also really good. \:\)

Also, we should totally have a Mario-Kart tournament \:\)
Posted By: Turrican

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 20:51

buy zack & wiki.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/22/08 20:55

Originally Posted By: Blade28081991

I'm with you on this, but at the moment none of the consoles are perfect. I mean, PS3 doesn't have many really good titles, Wii's graphics are lacking and mostly the games aren't exactly my kind of games (although there are quite some gems for this platform) and the Xbox360... well, at least it has a good amount of nice games now I guess?

If I had a strong need to buy a console, I would probably choose the PS3... for games like Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, but also because of Blu-ray.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/23/08 06:03

PS3 = Graphics. Oo, it has nothing actually new, and costs 600$. 600$

600$

Error014: Sorry, sorry, sorry, I'll get it asap. I promise, just don't hit me.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/23/08 14:36

Quote:

It has new technology like blu-ray and a 8 core processor. You are right about PS3 = graphics and that's what you pay 600$ for. A good desktop computer wouldn't be cheaper, especially with blu-ray, so it's actually not a bad deal... (it was a bad deal back when it was like 600 ,

Edit: By the way, soon there will be an ever better deal. 29th of April, Grand Theft Auto IV and the PS3 together for only €439!

Cheers

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/23/08 18:02

yer, also PS3 Free online play, and "home" should be released soon.
Also i prefer good graphics and more relaistic games

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/23/08 20:10

Oh, come on. Nobody wants the Acknex-Mario-Kart-Tournament? Probably because you all are just afraid of losing, thats why.
(Who am I kidding, I'm so bad at this game \:\( )
Still, I'd love to, ahem, exchange friend-codes. \:\)
... Is it okay if I hijack your thread like this, Inestical? I guess we're even now.
Posted By: Samb

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 08:24

don't forget elebits!
really cool game, got some technical issues but it's a complete new way to use a gravity gun in a game.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 08:45

PS3 has no good games yet (except Folklore and godfather) and the multiplattform titles look much better on xbox360, which is why i sold my Wii and bought a xbox360 (i didn't like this console at all before) and i'm super happy with it.

I missed some really good titles on the Wii. After finishing Zelda, i got nothing new. I wanted to buy elebits but it's kinda.. small.

On XBox i have Lost Odyssey (my new replacement for final fantasy :P), blue dragon, assassins creed, bioshock, devil may cry 4, eternal sonata, and many more. Those games are super awesome and i enjoyed to play them (still playing Lost Odyssey).

I hope my PS3 will become more than a dust-catcher soon, cause i really don't want to sell it, i want to give her a chance :<
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 09:22

why didn't you get assassins creed or dmc4 on ps3? i personally prefer ps3 controls and ps3's free online (not quite as groovy as xbox live but at least it's FREE).

ps3's the way to go for online console gaming, just coz it's free. warhawk is lotsa fun. burnout paradise is crazy (probably also on 360).

julz

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 09:35

Cause the graphic is better on XBox since it's a multiplattform title again (i don't know why it lags on graphics :<)

And i get Gamerscore for XBox games.

Yes the online part is better on PS3, i don't like this XBox Live Gold stuff, but well, i don't play many online games anyway.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 13:54

i would say PS3 graphics are better than 360, just not many games push the console to its limit, so there is little evidence of this.
Posted By: NITRO_2008

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 13:56

Quote:
I bought ps3 for my sons and I justified the high price because of the blu ray which I use to watch movies on the same television. A blue ray itself cost around $400.

But I also want to get the Wii. So thanks for this thread it will help me pick games for it!

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 13:59

It CAN be better but it's not with the most multiplattform games. I own both, xbox and ps3 and saw the difference. It's just the common problem - ps3 is too expensive so noone will buy it, and if noone buy it, noone will make games for it so noone will buy it, so sony won't decrease the price for the ps3.

Anyway, this goes too much offtopic so we should bring this to an end \:\)

BTW i think a katamari game for Wii would be great and fun to control it with the wii control.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 14:11

Twilight Princess is way better on gamecube. Not only is the Wii version completely mirrored (sun rises in west, people shake hands with left hand) but it plays not as good. motion controls feel gimicky, and get tired after a while. also, on the game cube version, you can control the camera, wich you cannot on the wii. on the other hand, the shooting is good on the wii.

no more heroes is a good game, especially the US Version. shame that the european versions are censored. no blood. a shame.

get super mario galaxy. nothing more to say

get metroid prime 3: a brilliant game, best in teh series (until prime 1 gets wii controls)

get mario kart and Smash brothers. they are must haves. get the two resident evil games, they are killer apps.

get starfox adventures for the gamecube. if you liek zelda, you´ll love this. same goes for beyond good and evil.

get zack and wiki if you like puzzle adventure games.

´nuff said
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 21:07

Let me add Heavenly Sword and Drake's Fortune to the mix. I enjoyed both very much after trading in my Wii for a PS3

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 23:44

that's right, heavenly sword and drake's fortune are excellent ps3-only games with insane graphics and great gameplay.

and assassin's creed looks no better on 360. same graphics; smoother framerate on ps3. though i must add the ps3 version has a couple stability issues (console games should never crash).

julz
Posted By: Quad

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 23:52

tekken6 is also a ps3-only game, im a huge tekken it will make me buy ps3 when it is out i think.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/24/08 23:54

assasins creed looks best on pc. doesnt help the game, its boring as hell...

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 00:14

i wouldn't go so far as to say "boring as hell" but i also wouldn't give it replay value. if four or more guards were actually dangerous, it would be heaps more fun because the player would be running desparately away trying to escape and it would be frantic, instead of being able to just turn around and kill everyone without injury when you get bored of running.

games need a challenge, and assassin's creed lost lots of its fun-factor by being too easy.

the GTA series wouldn't be nearly as fun if you could easily kill everyone chasing you no matter how much attention you grab.

julz

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 02:16

The first few missions are indeed far too easy, it gets a lot better further along the way though. Also, there's no comparison between the Xbox360 / PS3 version and the PC version in terms of artificial intelligence and how guards react. They have changed quite a bit. For example, alarmed guards won't be fooled by a simple 'blend' trick, you really have to get out of their view... also, stay around too long and your weapons / gear will give you away and guards will attack.

It's pretty annoying that the first part of the game is incredibly mainstream in terms of difficulty and yes it's boring. The tutorials are downright annoying for more experienced gamers. If it weren't the great graphics, overall coolness factor and if it wouldn't have an interesting setting I would probably already have lost interest in it long ago.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 12:44

i agreee, assasins creed could use some gameplay imrpovements, and the ending needs closing, or a mission for it. \but yer, replay value is very low , as missions are all very similar.
Resistance
and
Motorstorm, are , in my opinion, the best in the PS3 exclusive

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 12:48

i played through the "best" ps3/x360 games with a friend, because theya re so "good", however, i havent foundany game on those consoles i liked. its a matter of personal taste, but when you are not into graphics, thoise two consoles dont really have any appeal to you...

and since i dont own a HD TV set...

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 21:04

thx for the "PS3 is so fucking great!!!!111" in a "what Wii games should I get?"-thread guys ...

I got today Wii Fit, and man.. that piece of software is just great.
finally, I can do some aroebic stuff and I will know, when I'm doing it right ;\)
also, the automatic statistic is nice and that you can set a weight-lose/gain target within a specific time period.

also, Wii Fit is the FIRST game, that my mother likes since tetris on the gameboy!!!
I mean man... she turned the Wii on, by herself, to play Wii Fit O_o
She even didn't liked wii sports or ANYTHING... just crazy! \:D

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 21:10

I wonder if she would still want to play Wii Fit a few months from now...

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/25/08 21:27

we will see.
wii fit isn't a game for long gaming nights.
just 20-30 minutes + a BMI check á day.

it's more a software than a game. but still got some game elements \:\)

I think, we will see in a week, if she can hold her motivation or not. so stay tuned ;\)
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/26/08 10:46

heh, so Wii Fit is just there so you always turn on the wii when you get home from work, after dinner and in the mornings... :P

Nice marketing job!

Don
have a great day

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/27/08 12:53

it IS good work. i dont draw a line between casual or hardcore games. a game is a game. what kind of game does not matter. game is game. you as hardcore gamer wouldt dare to call dungeons and dragons NOT a game. role players worldwide would disagree with you...

game is game. if you can play it, its a game...

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/27/08 18:22

It's easy money, nothing else. ;\)

Seriously though, all those über mainstream and very casual Wii games are all quite crappy in terms of interesting gameplay. I'm not saying there are no good games among them and it has little to do with whether or not Dungeons and Dragons is an actual game, but they just seem to have destroyed the more hardcore game line-up we used to have on the older Nintendo consoles.

It's like every Wii game plays like the old Duckhunt for the NES, sure it's a fun game and good, but also incredibly boring after a short while. That's true for a lot of Wii games. You can say what you want about the Xbox360 and PS3 and most critique probably is true, but at least most games have a lot more depth than the average Wii game has.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/27/08 19:43

that is simply nmot true.
12 out of the 23 million sellers for wii (not including wii play/sports) are hardcore games. thats more than the half. only 2!!! are casual games and the rest are party games.

sure, there are alot of casual games on the wii, but there are also alot of hardcore games that simply and plain just suck.

a complete list reveals more hardcore games than casual games, and also alot of party games.

source: VGChartz.com, wikipedia list of wii games

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/27/08 21:40

Well now, you seem to be slightly missing my point. \:\)

I didn't mean all or most Wii games are casual games, I meant to say all Wii games have little depth and are too casual-game like when it comes to difficulty, depth, story, controls and so on.

Quote:
alot of hardcore games that simply and plain just suck.

...which sort of proves my point. Nintendo doesn't seem to care so much about these hardcore games anymore. Their quality control used to be one of the best, but there's so much crap getting released for the Wii, it's insane.

Quote:

12 out of the 23 million sellers for wii (not including wii play/sports) are hardcore games. thats more than the half. only 2!!! are casual games and the rest are party games.

Are you talking about sold games, and do you mean 12 million hardcore and 2 million casual games?

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 00:17

the hardore games that suck are not developed from nintendo. there are shitloads of old crappy games on old nintendo consoles, all not developed by nintendo. nothing has changed there...

no, i mean, the wii has 23 games that sold more than one million copies. out of those 23, 12 games are hardcore gamer games. 2 games are casual, and the rest are party games. ;\)

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 01:16

don't forget games like GTA4 and other big titles are coming out on the big consoles, but not wii, only small titles are coming out on wii, and nintendo are missing out on all these great titles, just because they wanted a console that was totaly different.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 06:35

surely i'm not the only one who thinks that the vast majority of party games can be classed as casual?

julz
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 06:37

Mafia 2 will be out for PC and will beat all GTA games easily ;\)

But seriously:
Wii has a few advantages. They have funny casual games, family games, (plus hardcore games) and the price is much lower compared to PS3 and XBox360.

That is a reason for many beginners, young and older people to give it a try.
This approach was a good one and prooved to be successful for Nintendo.

By the way: there are powerful engines now available to allow beautiful graphics on Wii as you can see here (Quantum engine from High Voltage software):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hkNguFQBAqQ

My personal point of view:
I ignore all consoles because I work daily on PC, modelling, painting textures, programming software. If I take some time to relax then I can play fantastic epic games like Witcher, Mafia, QuakeWars without the need of a console. But if I want to play with my kids anytime in the future I would instantly get something like the Wii instead of PS3, just for the sake of fun and family play.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 13:34

gta 4.... its a comment as silly as saying: WOW is only for PC...
maybe you dont know, but there are people who DONT like GTA style games. besides, the wii has more than 6 GTA style games, some of them good, some of them bad.

i for one, dont care about GTA games. i love me my zelda style games, and thus, the wii is it for me. zelda, backwards compatibility to gamecube, the vritual console with classics liek neutopia, okami, starfox adventures, the metroid prime series (rumor has it 1+2 will be wii-ified) classic castlevania games, the good old days of SNES RPG (still missing out on them, but wait a year, you´ll be surprised)... stuff im wouldnt want to miss. PS360 (as i call the other two) have nice graphics, some online and stuff, but thats stuff i can get from my PC IF i want to (i dont, dont ask)... so i think those two consoles are, FOR ME, rather pointless...
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 15:16

I own a Wii, too, and the XBOX360 would be the only other system that I would like to have, too. I really like possibility to download demos, addons, user maps, etc. from Microsoft. Nintendo is currently far beyond that and I really don't know why they did so. Is it because the Wii has only Wifi support? Seriously, why not adding a standard network socket to it??

Another point of interest is the XNA argument: everyone is able to create applications and games for the XBOX360. You have to pay a small fee, though, to load it on your XBOX, but it is way better than how it works with Wii-Ware. Actually, it is easier for small teams and companies, but individuals aren't allowed to do so. So, you can only go the homebrew way or develop with a PC middleware engine like GS (when the Wii-mote stuff is ready, though).

I would advise people to buy BOTH systems, if they have the money.

Re: Wii, I got it. - 04/28/08 17:46

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
surely i'm not the only one who thinks that the vast majority of party games can be classed as casual?

Well, I for one totally agree with this. \:\)

Quote:
PS360 (as i call the other two) have nice graphics, some online and stuff, but thats stuff i can get from my PC IF i want to (i dont, dont ask)... so i think those two consoles are, FOR ME, rather pointless...

I understand.
Posted By: cro_games

Re: Wii, I got it. - 08/22/08 21:03

Originally Posted By: Inestical
I just got Wii yesterday, and am planning on purchasing games to it. I'm planning at least these two babies:

- Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
- No More Heroes

Now, what else would I need to get my Wii working well as a console?

Super mario galaxy!

Re: Wii, I got it. - 08/22/08 22:55

I've noticed something funny by the way;

Quote:
are casual games and the rest are party games

What exactly is the difference between a casual game and a party game? I think that in my book those are the same kind of games.
Posted By: Toast

Re: Wii, I got it. - 08/22/08 23:01

Well I guess you can differ between games like Cooking Mama and games like Mario Party... wink

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Wii, I got it. - 08/23/08 17:25

I'm not really sure why this thread got bumped, but yeah, Super mario Galaxy is a pretty awesome game.

Will I get laughed at if I recommend Endless Ocean? Because that game is not only incredibly relaxing, but also incredible awesome. And I really mean it, it's beautiful as soon as you get under water, the fish are nicely animated and there are lots of them, and it's really amazing to dive in some of the more hidden areas. And by "hidden" I mean: Those that everyone will see since they are part of the story.

Oh, and you learn something in this game. Yes, I'm not kidding! You are truly learning something!
Just make sure you don't expect a fast-moving game that always keeps you on your toes, since thats definately not it.

So, when will someone start the inevitable Friend-code-exchange-thread, so we can all play "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and "Mario Kart"?

Also, just buy Zack&Wiki already, please.
© 2024 lite-C Forums