Looking for CSS guru ;)

Posted By: D3D

Looking for CSS guru ;) - 08/07/08 18:52

Purchased template for one of my sites (not commercial and used only for hosting GameStudio related material) and need someone who can change the text-based links into images. I have the complete template with psd source/fonts. Tried myself, but takes hours looking and fixing over and over again. Also my Adobe trial is good for no longer than 6 days now.

I can pay with Paypal or electronic goods hope the price can be friendly in perspective with the template. Not looking for crude fix which I could do myself. Must be really someone who knows CSS and like to help out. Credit will be mentioned on the website.

Here is a example of what i'd like to change. This was done with flash, but not everyone use flash and it would break the template if not compatible. So I really need it to use images.

text-based

image-based

PM for details.
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Looking for CSS guru ;) - 08/07/08 19:48

I should be able to do it. smile
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Looking for CSS guru ;) - 08/07/08 22:21

you should always use text links instead of image based links(they are baaad)...this shadow you want can be faked with another text you put under it and give it 1px offset. (Both methods will scare everyone who heard something about w3c already, but the second is still the better one)
Posted By: D3D

Re: Looking for CSS guru ;) - 08/07/08 22:38

True. And so did the company who sold the template warned. Suggestion was made to use CSS style buttons w/text instead, but they might not always look good on the background and javascript is not recommended. I think your comment is perhaps even a better solution and might also be easier to accomplish. In anyway i'd like to stay compliant, but with nice look attached to it though. Simple color is really not what I wanted.

Has been fixed now though. Have text,image and flash version.
© 2024 lite-C Forums