Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me..

Posted By: D3D

Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me.. - 09/12/08 10:56

Today I sat behind my other PC (new) with Vista32 Premium and all updates present. Kaspersky IS 2009 is also on this system. I have not had any problem last week on the PC, but there where 12 updates for Vista so i'd installed those and rebooted pc..

Now every time I want to post something in a forum. Or use some kind of contact form. FF crashes and want to send a report which I did about 12 times in the last 5 minutes.

Guess this must be my fault somehow otherwise the internet would be full of complaints. Anyways I now forced to type this message with IE7 which I never used other than for checking a layout once in a while. I remember having this issue back with the first release of FF 3.0 and it was gone after installing 3.1, but it's back again..

Help I want my FF back! No serious what could it be?
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me.. - 09/12/08 11:11

It used to do that for me too, but its on windowsxp home here, and then it stopped.... not sure what fixed it or I'd tell you...
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me.. - 09/12/08 11:20

Have you already tried to run it in safe mode? Sometimes it crashes because of an old version of a plugin oder add on.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me.. - 09/12/08 11:35

Aha I noticed a lot of plugins inside FF that I was not aware of before. Office, WAG, and Windows foundation + realplayer plugins. I have disabled those now and try again to see..

Edit: I disable all extensions and use only the default theme. Removed all temp files and tried again, but FF keeps crashing. Well I guess I could try re-install it. (even crashed in safe mode).

Reinstalling FF 3.1 fixed it. Guess something was corrupt.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me.. - 09/12/08 14:21

some plugins messes the default theme, deleting it was the solution for me.
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Firefox 3.1 keeps crashing on me.. - 09/13/08 12:34

i´ve downdated my firefox to 2.x
version 3 causes crashes and the popup-blocker sometimes dont work
© 2024 lite-C Forums