Barack Obama, USA's new president!

Posted By: Inestical

Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 05:25

I just heard about it.

There's huge barrier down for USA. A black president.

Congratulations!
Posted By: MaxF

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 05:32

yes very good - time for Bush to go smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 05:38

...just another puppet of industry and money...
good luck!
Posted By: delinkx

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 05:43

congrats 2 the new president .. hope he goes for world unity !
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 06:58

Ya he won laugh Glad he did. A young and black president, how cool laugh
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 07:46

His biography looks like he could be indeed ambitious, idealistic and energetic enough to cause some changes. But unfortunately he also inherits a huge pile of debts and contracts he has to handle. So there are some very serious barriers for changes.

But I wish you and the entire world much luck. And I wish us all peace and no more economical caused wars in the world.
Posted By: William

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 08:08

Yeah, this is historic. So congrats to Obama, and I hope things work smoothly. smile

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 08:09

Oh i forgot to say something...

Yes we did! laugh
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 08:42

I hope the people of america have not voted this person because he is

Originally Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

" A young and black president, how cool"

Color of skin is no garanty for a serious political leader. Even if MTV is telling you that beeing a black person would be idealistic. Ösi-Adolf played the same game with the white race.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 08:56

Well it is a reason for me (and no, i didn't watch MTV for ages ;)). It's good to have a young president IMO, it will give it some fresh air. And i saw a documentary where they asked people who should become president. Especially the black people said "Obama will never become president cause he is black, and if you were in the usa, you would know what it is like to be black". So i'm twice as happy that he became a president smile The next one should be a woman.
Posted By: badapple

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 08:58

question 2 passed also , it decriminalizes pot, under an ounce you just get a fine and get sent on your way! yay!

as for obama he was the best choice , but i feel bad for him , his grandmother just died yesterday

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 09:07

Yes i heard about his grandmother too. Kinda sucks, i bet she wanted to see if he wins or not.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 09:10

I totally agree with u Captain ! its time to change "RIGID" things and stigmas. Equal rights and opportunities should be given 2 all. All of us are humans n equal.

I just hope Obama will go for world peace as his first mission. Since he is himself a multi-cultured multi-ethnic guy, he will surely value the importance of unity n friendship among all fellow world inhabitants.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 09:12

respecta 2 the gradmother. she is happy in heaven now ! let her guide her grandson for the betterment of everything !
Posted By: falagar8

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 09:32

Both Obama and McCain are just prop men for the global elite and their New World Order. And I think they know some of the script too. wink

But the concensus of "the powers that be" wanted and called for Obama to win by their script. And now expect accerelated and intensifying steps towards the New World Order.
And also before its set up: more and deeper economic collapses, more civil unrest and riots,
the coming Martial Law, and the grand opening of Fema and labor camps near you. And possibly the move ahead of schedule for the coming World War III.
The real Fallout 3. frown

But despite who the winner would be, Bush will be the last elected and inaugurated president of the United States. And will become the Iron Eagle.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 09:37

I could laugh. It seems that these days all political theories, science of economics. Principle of law and judgement... stand behind coolness and color. But why not.
Let´s start the next war.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 09:45

Originally Posted By: falagar8

Both Obama and McCain are just prop men for the global elite and their New World Order. And I think they know some of the script too. wink

But the concensus of "the powers that be" wanted and called for Obama to win by their script. And now expect accerelated and intensifying steps towards the New World Order.
And also before its set up: more and deeper economic collapses, more civil unrest and riots,
the coming Martial Law, and the grand opening of Fema and labor camps near you. And possibly the move ahead of schedule for the coming World War III.
The real Fallout 3. frown

But despite who the winner would be, Bush will be the last elected and inaugurated president of the United States. And will become the Iron Eagle.

if there is a s&b masterplan for the new world order - it is a perfect time for it.
Such a deaf blind dumb mass of desoriented people are the perfect way to rule the world.
(not my words, just read the principles and rules of war, written by Sun Tsu).

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:03

I did not care about his skin color. It matters if he has good intentions. And it looks that way. His speaking is great. And he proved in the past that he could perfectly moderate between opposing groups. His skin is half white and half black and so is his attitude. At least it looks like that. He could not only moderate between black and white but also between states, nations and cultures.

At least this would be a good mission.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:16

Gesamtvolkswirtschaftliche Zielsetzungen von Obama

Frank, Du hast doch wie ich VWL studiert, zumindest hast Du das mal geschrieben.
Stimmst Du mir zu, daß ein solches Wahlprogramm idealisiert ist, keine politische Richtung angibt, was soviel bedeutet wie... die Grundlage der wirtschaftlichen Theorie zur Erreichung der Zielsetzungen fehlt / wurde nicht angegeben?

...wenn es heute so einfach ist, in solche politischen Positionen zu kommen... dann hier mein Wahlprogramm

Frieden auf der ganzen Welt
Völkerverständigung
Gleichberechtigung von Mann und Frau
Reform des Bildungssystems
Essen für alle Menschen
Zufriedenheit und die Garantie, daß wir alle in den Himmel kommen.
ach ja...
Keine Zensur von PC-Spielen

aber man wird mich nicht wählen, weil ich
1. nicht schwarz bin
2. keine scheiß Neger-Hip-Hop-Musik höre
3. nicht cool bin
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:34

Originally Posted By: alpha_strike
3. nicht cool bin

Da stimm' ich dir zu.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:35

...weil weiß.
Aber Checki... naja, ich will nichts weiter über Deine Persönlichkeit schreiben, sonst schmeißt Du mich ja wieder aus dem Forum laugh

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:47

Und ich denke, über die deinige muss ich nichts schreiben, da du diese ja oft genug zeigst...

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:47

Yes. I agree alpha_strike. Here is what he promised:

- middle-class tax cuts
- investing in early childhood education
- investing in alternative fuels and renewable energy
- refusing to take donations from lobbyists
- reducing health care costs for families
- increased security measures for our airports, ports...
- will refocus military resources on al Qaeda in Afghanistan
- will eliminate income taxes for seniors
- equal pay for equal work (women)
- expanding the childcare tax credit

This all costs money and not a single point mentioned will bring additional money to fund such projects. We will see if all this is just another fairy tell to catch some votes.

Did you remember the German elections? CDU told to raise the vat to 18 percent. SPD said there will be no raise at all. Then both built a coalition and raised it to 19 percent. Both lied to us and we did not punish them for this behavior.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 10:55

nothing will change... even not checki, so why I crazy

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:04

Quote:

aber man wird mich nicht wählen, weil ich
1. nicht schwarz bin
2. keine scheiß Neger-Hip-Hop-Musik höre
3. nicht cool bin

Irgendwie fühle ich mich dadurch (und dem MTV Kommentar) angegriffen, weil es sich doch sehr auf meine Posts bezieht.
Ich habe nie gesagt das ich ihn nur wählen würde, weil er schwarz ist. Ich sagte lediglich das ich es "cool" (oder für dich auch "gut") finde das es zum ersten mal ein afroamerikanischer Präsident geworden ist. Es ist lediglich ein weiteres "Plus" was ich ihm anrechne. Im Gegensatz zu seinem Konkurenten fand ich einfach die Art und seine "Versprechen" viel positiver. Ich mein mir ist es im Endeffekt eh egal, ich muss nicht wählen.

Aber gleich hier Leute mit Dingen wie "Even if MTV is telling you that beeing a black person would be idealistic." und "2. keine scheiß Neger-Hip-Hop-Musik höre" abzustempeln und auch irgendwo zu beleidigen, finde ich schon sehr dreist und unreif o_O. Sowas muss ich mir nicht bieten lassen sofern diese Aussagen einfach erfunden sind (ich schaue weder MTV (und wer es tut ist noch lange kein Unmensch), noch höre ich HipHop Musik). Irgendwie sind da falsche Aggressionen im Spiel.

Nur mal das dazu.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:06

Just complaining about it won't do it. Just gousing but not willing to take matters into your own hands is a really easy way, don't you think so?

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:07

Why do you call him Afro-American? He has a white mother. She is not related to Africa. Is he still Afro-American? I think he is just an American, at my mind this has nothing to do with Africa.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:10

As far as i know he is always mentioned as "first afroamerican president in the united states of america". Actually for me it was just a more repective way to say "black", or some other people say "neger". That' it.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:11

But he is not black, he is half black and half white. Why should he fall into black category? Some other could say he is white then.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:12

His father is a Kenyan, his mother is white, his ancestors were no slaves, so he is just black, but not an Afro-American, more an African immigrant, and that is even not true, because he was born and raised in the USA.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:13

Originally Posted By: checkbutton
...he is just black.

No, he is only half black, maybe gray. Did you compare his skin color with the skin of his father? There is a big difference. Though it does not matter at all.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:15

Whatever. I just read it like this.

For examples:

Quote:

55% of White Americans classify Obma as biracial when they are told that he has a white mother, while 66% of African Americans consider him black.("Williams/Zogby Poll: Americans' Attitudes Changing Towards Multiracial Candidates", BBSNews.com (2006-12-22). Retrieved on 2007-09-23.) Obama describes himself as "black" or "African American", using both terms interchangeably ("Transcript excerpt: Senator Barack Obama on Sixty Minutes", CBS News (2007=02-11). Retrieved on 2008-01-29.)

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:16

He is always what people see in him. And as he is not white, he must be black. You're right, he is a not really black at all. He also has some typical white but also typical black facial features.
Posted By: dany1994

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:18

i think it's great

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:19

And if he has one arm, one leg, is green with pink dots, i would still vote for him.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:20

it doesnt matter if he is black or white, even it doesnt matter if he is muslim or christian, as Colin Powell said. The matter is he is now the new president.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:21

Technically we could call him a biracial crossbreed. But if he wants to be called black then we can do so. Maybe the society around him forced him to be black instead of white or multi-cultural.

But now we will watch and see if he keeps his promises.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:22

Um.. What I meant with "Black president" was that the guy isn't completely white and completely American. It's great that the country was able to let the "nigga" (as stated in an other forum post) get to as high as presidential position.

I didn't expect that there would be another argue whether he is or isn't black. What does it matter in the end. It matters in one way though. He's the first non-white president. It's huge step for USA.

Now. I wish him good presidential career, may he keep the promises he intended to keep.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:26

hm... I think we should stop the discussion of his color. This is no important point for such a political position.
I hope he will find a social way for his targets. No communistic or capitalistic way.
I wish him good luck .God bless his way ... and the world. Just because we saw that american decisions have everytime results even (but not only) for europe.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:53

this opens many doors. i for one aim to be the first australian president of the USA.

julz
Posted By: FBL

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 11:55

For several people (also in the US) someone is considered black, even if he's half white and half black.

Maybe compare it to some chancellor candidate Germany whose ancestors are half german and half turks. Several Germans would have a problem with that - for sure!

The program is idealized, no doubt.
Obama however has charisma, he has proven to be able of holding very good speeches.
His job won't be easy at all, and for sure he can't accomplish EVERYTHING. If he just helps to calm down everyhting a bit, then that's already a good thing.
We'll see.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 12:12

I am glad. For once that americas people have proven themselfs that they not as stupid as they did look to the rest of the world (Elect Bush TWICE? SERIOUSLY?!) and that their country has now a promising leader.

Hopefully, he will hold his promises. But i have a good "vibe" about him and was in favor of him all the time. He just has this way to make people trust him... Maybe just a good politician laugh

ANYWAYS:

LET'S PARTY
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 12:16

Originally Posted By: Firoball
For several people (also in the US) someone is considered black, even if he's half white and half black.

Obama is pretty white for a black dude or pretty black for a white dude. I guess either way, that makes him American. wink

Seriously though I wish him good luck, in my opinion he was the better candidate, but what's his name again.. uhm Ron Paul wouldn't have been bad either, grin

Cheers
Posted By: Oxy

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 13:06

As expected the democrats receive the presidency during economic downturn,
and the republicans will receive the presidency during economic hight.

The reason: during the downturn or expected downturn, people vote
for "left" policy of substitutions for poorer people and tax reductions for
poorer people, and higher taxes for richer people.

At economic hight (where general taxes are high, and
the labour marked has more restrictions), people will opt for right wing policy
of reducing general taxes for everyone and loosen the
government restrictions on the labour market.
(such as fiering policy)

So Barack Obama beeing elected president is a good indicator that we
have an econimical crisis (not just in the US).

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 13:15

Quote:

Currently the economical crisis is only in the heads of the people. But it will become real because they all "believe" in this upcoming crisis. Companies will delay their investments, expect lower sales, consumers will delay some shopping.

It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. This is the price for such a good world-wide communication. We all will suffer it at the same time.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 13:21

But so is often economical upturn just a product of peoples
imagination.
they expect a steep growth of the markets and their wealth.
They invest into project fot the future, -on credit- and dont
save so much.

Everyone is purchasing and investing more.
A typical bubble arises.
In the end the economy grows unhealthyly fast.
(too many investments in not needed capital goods and markets, and overspending on credit for
consumer goods, low savings)

Its as bad a deperession coming from expectations.

(-> Keynes model of anticyclical govenrment
actions/interventions is still valid as in the 30s)

And to Obama: I dont think he would be elected in any
European country. The top candidates here need
to present their stance differently than in the US.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 13:33

Well I think europe most likely would have elected Obama and not McCain. But you're right, things are different in Europe so it's hard to do a real comaprison.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 13:41

Originally Posted By: Oxy
As expected the democrats receive the presidency during economic downturn,
and the republicans will receive the presidency during economic hight.

[..]

McCain didn't have a good plan to solve the economic issues, he wanted to continue war even though the US really can't afford it. For voters there really should be plenty of reasons why to vote for Obama instead.

The only thing hugely bothering me, is that he's looked upon as a Messiah. He's said already he won't be a perfect president, but if he's not able to solve the economic issues (which is likely to be honest, such things take time).. then the Republicans will be in the Whitehouse 4 years from now.

By the way, is it just me or do voters seem to be more likely to punish Democratic presidents when things go wrong, looking at when Bush got re-elected...

Quote:
Everyone is purchasing and investing more.
A typical bubble arises.
In the end the economy grows unhealthyly fast.
(too many investments in not needed capital goods and markets, and overspending on credit for
consumer goods, low savings)

The whole idea that this came 'without warnings' is bullsht though. To some extent we can blame the Iraq war, overspending and the mortgage markets in not only America, but in the end it's just another indication that capitalism isn't flawless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no communist, but it's terribly ignorant to think things like 'we couldn't have predicted this happening'. In fact, the crisis is more or less right 'on time' looking at history.

Cheers

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 14:01

(-> Keynes model of anticyclical govenrment
actions/interventions is still valid as in the 30s)

It will not work and did not work. The government is always to slow, too late, invests in many cases in the wrong field and delays the structural change. Government should spend protection, law and security but not interact into economy.

Here in Germany the government offers help to the banking industry (they call it a "rescue package").
They offer billions of security money. Now the banks are accepting this money to secure their future investments for the next 2 years. This is not a rescue package anymore. It is a deep intervention into economical processes. And it is paid from taxes, all Germans could pay now to ease the life of rich bank managers.

It is just an example that government should not interfere into economy.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 14:08

I know it's not representative, but in case you have an iPhone and know the "Ligther" application, you can choose in which color the flame should burn (red for mccain, blue for obama), and if you agree to, this would be uploaded to a database along with your GPS coordinates and be represented.

Here some screenshots of Europe BEFORE the election:

guess europe would have elected Obama.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 14:20

Yes, we would have elected him but he had no chance to become a candidate that fast. He had to go through his party for a long time and they would break his enthusiasm very fast. The result is an old embittered woman like Merkel in Germany, only attacking other parties instead of doing something useful.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 14:50

http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/results smile

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 19:28

Im not talking about Europe (hypothetically) voting for Obama as American President,
I say that he would not be elected in a European Country
as president or prime minister. At least not with the
same approach to the election campaign.
Posted By: bupaje

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/05/08 20:00

I'm hopeful. I did fire off an email to the Democratic Party to congratulate them but to let them know that for most of us the vote was not for the DP but for change and doing things in a better way. If they start playing the same old games, punishing Republicans and refusing to work in a bipartisan way in the hopes of retaining power - instead of doing the people's business- I am frustrated enough that I'll support any legal way of holding their feet to the fire including recalls.

One analyst I heard this morning said exactly that - it is likely the Republicans will be nice (at the start at least), because of this historic victory and for other reasons but that the problem may be from some of his own party who will not embrace his expected efforts to cross the aisle and work in a bipartisan fashion; Instead they may focus on consolidating power and maybe dishing out a little payback.

I hope it doesn't go that way because I'm really aggravated with most of those clowns.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 03:10

I think that America will not severely change at all. They can praise themselves happy when they get out of the crisis, and then get the country back up like it was 8 years ago. I doubt it'll be so much better now. We just have forgotten how good we had it before Bush came.

When the space race continues again, we know we're back to the wealthyness we once had reached.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 03:35

I am really happy he won, I hope he can make a difference over in america as bush was not something america needed and a lot of countries lost respect for america due to the war

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 07:38

I find it interesting, that most people discussing here are from outside USA. I think it would be interesting to hear more opinions from Us citizens.
Posted By: alienheretic

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 09:05

I voted for Obama!
Why? For several reasons but mainly becuase America is in great need of some serious changes and even if Obama doesnt do anything he says at least the American people have finally decided that a change was needed. IMO
this is the first major step this country has made to get there head out of there Asses. Now that we have taken the first one the changes following will made eaiser.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 13:09

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

I know it's not representative, but in case you have an iPhone and know the "Ligther" application, you can choose in which color the flame should burn (red for mccain, blue for obama), and if you agree to, this would be uploaded to a database along with your GPS coordinates and be represented.

Here some screenshots of Europe BEFORE the election:

Obama elected in Europe... well for our standards Obama is still very conservative and, when he would keep his American ideas, very right (Politics right).
Pre weapon posession, pre death sentence, against homo marriage...
He wouldn't make it far with that attitude (at least I hope so).

But America is different... still different.
Posted By: Nardulus

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 13:42

Money wins elections....

700 million dollars for Obama = 700 million Obama favors....

Not to be confused with the 700 Billion Asswipe Bailout authorized by Dem's and Repub's.....

Vote Nader!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 18:35

::deleted::
It's just another post that doesn't fit.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/06/08 18:49

Originally Posted By: testDummy
"Perhaps, particularly in this case, and specifically before inauguration, the protectors of the elected, should be ever vigilant, truly and fully sharp, as these forces may indeed be in some way, the guardians against chaos and fervent conflict."

Is this a quotation of a politician or of an article, or is it from Lord of the Rings?
Could you be more explicit for one like me? smile
Posted By: LarryLaffer

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/07/08 14:40

Haha, for anyone who hasn't watched it, you just have to do it now even if you don't like southpark. I don't like most of their new episodes either, but I think in this one they hit it right on the head! Awesome episode and I agree with absolutely everything they tried to convey in it. (yes, it's a US election episode!)

Btw, about this thread I think Oxy and Nardulus are the ones who got it right. There's more at play in such extravagant elections, such as to elect the president of the United States, than the candidates themselves or whatever they represent.

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/07/08 16:34

just some fun inbetween smile

http://funwithmccain.com/
Posted By: croman

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/11/08 13:00

it's really nice to see that USA got his first black president.

one more thing, i found this on internet and i'm not sure if it's really from Nostradamus but it's worth of looking it:

"243
The great empire will be torn from limb,
The all-powerful one for more than four hundred years:
Great power given to the dark one from slaves come,
The Aryana will not be satisfied thereby."

Aryana is a name for territory of Iran, Iraq and Afgh. if i understood it correctly.

Taken from: http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/?c=117&a=1300
It's kinda spooky. smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/11/08 13:17

i dont know if this fits but somebody had to say it:
Click to reveal..

C-C-C-Caucasian Breaker:

Re: Barack Obama, USA's new president! - 11/11/08 16:48

Originally Posted By: cerberi_croman
It's kinda spooky. smile

It's not spooky at all when you understand the psychology behind horoscope predictions and so on. As long as any random prediction stays vague enough to be applicable to many different situations and as long as about 60 to 80% of what's predicted cóuld indeed happen theoretically with a somewhat high likeliness, it will eventually sound familiar at some point or will seem to be talking about a certain specific event... As a reaction (some) people believe it did predict something.

Truth is, it did not predict anything, we ourselves have just found an event that matches the words.

It only would become spooky (and believable) by the time a prediction is extremely and almost overly specific about what's to come, giving the exact date, time, names and so on,

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums