DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS!

Posted By: alienheretic

DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 09:14

this may not be the correct forum but anyway
since doom 3 and halflife 2 there has not been a game released to keep my intrest for more than 10-20 mins
untill Dead Space

this is not only the gorriest game i have ever played but it is scary (mostly due to the incredible audio)
and has by far some of the best if not the best art work i have ever seen in a game
not to mention the God of war style alien bosses
that are just totally everything an alien should be
if you havent checked it out yet and you like sci fi fps games this is def for you
also for those that like zomie/horror games
the blood bath here is better than any movie period

LINK DEAD SPACE
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 09:52

It got a very good rating in the German game magazine Gamestar. And since I like sci-fi games I will probably buy it. The preview videos all look amazing.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 09:53

yeah it is awesome, like resident evil 4 in space!
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 09:58

Really? It looked pretty boring to me somehow. I should give it some more attention and check some more videos or even see if there is a demo
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 10:03

I originally thought it looked very boring in the first few trailers but the game is actually one of those rare gems if you give it a chance. One of the best singleplayer games I have experienced laugh
Posted By: Joozey

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 12:42

Prey + Doom + Sphere + Event Horizon?
Nice :P.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 14:09

Excellent game, but a bit too short. It's almost as short as Doom3 was, so it's actually a quite expensive game.

If you liked Doom3, Dead Space is much much better,

Cheers
Posted By: broozar

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 19:33

all there is to say, and much more:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/333-Dead-Space
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 19:42

So scary, the lights go out , you hear the warning and you know there are the creatures somewhere, do you dare move?
Posted By: Joozey

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/06/08 23:49

Quote:
So scary, the lights go out , you hear the warning and you know there are the creatures somewhere, do you dare move?

If you don't like frightning moments in games, just run straight ahead while rotating fast the first time. You may even glitch the game.
:p
Posted By: Helghast

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/07/08 17:14

i bought Fallout3 and Dead space together...
just didnt have the time yet to play this one, totally into F3 first :P
but definatly planning on picking this one up ASAP.

regards,
Posted By: ello

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/10/08 21:51

omg! this game is so cool... look at this shit thanks for pointing me toward this

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/10/08 22:30

That's a huge chunk of... wait a sec, what is that? :P

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/13/08 19:24

and what's absolutely fantastic is those rooms without gravity. its so cool to jump to the ceiling or walls and the perspective adjusts. man thats freaking

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/13/08 19:29

This game is so awesome, everyone should buy it now!
Posted By: falagar8

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/13/08 20:01

I've seen Dead Space and Fable 2 on the sci-fi channel. Interviews of both teams of developers. They all talked about their game and the gameplay as well. They both look really good. But alas, I can't play Fable 2 cause its a console only game.
However, one of my friends worked on Fable 2. Charlene worked on this Roc like creature. Animated too. It took her two weeks for the animations and she got paid really well.

Now about Fallout 3.
Although the game contains DRM/SecuRom and Bethseda
and CEO were evasive and even lied that it didn't have DRM and SecuRom, they have provided both
a fantastic and excellent game! =)
They have provided a work around solution for this DRM/SecuRom not to be installed on your computer and also there is a zipped SecuRom uninstaller at the SecuRom site to download. Which will remove it.
Before I used Bethsedas' workaround solution, I downloaded the zipped SecuRom uninstaller just in case and saved my Computer and its current state with a few saved points(using system restore wizard). Everything went fine and no traces of DRM/SecuRom.
So now, the people who truly want and like to play or even try out Fallout 3 for themselves now have the opportunity and safety to do so.

And woa! its like a real..mostly real...life.
This game is addicting and like real life. Its even scary at times. There are moments when I get down or depressed because some of the events and situations can be so morbidly real.
To me...this game is going to take more than 100 hours of gameplay. I'm in Megaton City right now.
Have talked with a few people. Especially Nova smile
and also Sheriff Lucas Grimm..or should I say Chuck 'Walker, Texas Ranger' Norris.
I did kill the Overseer and the guards.
They were trying to kill me and its self defense.
And the G.O.A.T. job test determmined I would be best suited working in the vault as a Vault Chaplin or Priest. :\

Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/13/08 21:19

lol... okay, thanks falagar8, but one of my favourite things about DEAD SPACE is that it isn't fable 2 or fallout 3.

no, i can't say i've played dead space, but the videos look crazy cool.

julz

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/13/08 21:29

One of my favorite things is the menu interface in-game like the mini-map and the video messages you get are displayed on some kinda holographic thing in front of the character.

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/13/08 22:49

yes, thats cool, too
Posted By: falagar8

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/14/08 17:25

sorry, I got carried away with both Fallout 3
and Fable 2. There just fantastic games!
Same goes for Dead Space too. Had my mom watch that sci-fi channel show for both Fable 2 and Dead Space. There is also a prequel like DVD movie out on Dead Space too. Saw it over at Walmart.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/15/08 03:01

are those just ads or tv shows about games? here, on free tv (i don't believe in paying for tv... imho if i'm spending enough time in front of the tv to warrant paying for it, i'm spending too much time in front of the tv) we almost never get ads for games.

it'd be nice if blockbuster games got comparable exposure here to what movies get.

julz

Re: DEAD SPACE IS AN AWESOME FPS! - 11/15/08 12:59

It's definitely coming. I've already seen some game ads on Discovery channel, national and local tv channels. Not on free channels yet, but perhaps it will someday.

Apparently there's about as much money involved with blockbuster games as there is with movies. Just remember the 10 million dollar ad budget for Left 4 Dead, apparently it's worth spending money on. smile

I'm with you on the free tv thing by the way. Often I get the feeling to be doing nothing more but watch one ad after another,

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums