Michael Jackson died????

Posted By: PHeMoX

Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:10

Anyone know more? Apparently he tried to or did actually commit suicide? shocked frown
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:17

Unconfirmed at the moment
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:22

In the news they said that they had to do a revivification in his house and succeeded, though his state is criticial.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:22

Yeah, seems on CCN they say he's in coma at the moment. Cardiac arrest. frown

Very disheartening. I saw many of his videos even today because of America's Best Dance Crew show...

(Whether he tried to commit suicide is unknown, but according to many that's unlikely.)
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:27

2 minutes ago I heard that his family hasnīt sayed anyting to his dead but to his accident - so i thing he didnīt died

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:29

Okay new fact on CNN: He is dead.
His sister sits crying at hospital and 2 magazines have confirmed it
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:35

CNN reported Jackson dead just a while ago. Cardiac Arrest they say.

RIP.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:37

Really? I don't see a change on CCN here. They talk about cardiac arrest here and comas.

Nothing about family yet. By the way, family crying is no evidence that he's already dead though.

I think he's comatose.

edit: Oh, wait they do say he might have died, but CCN wasn't able to confirm it yet.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:37

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html
Posted By: croman

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:45

yepp, it's on main page of CNN: http://www.cnn.com/
he was a strange and weird man, but the great man anyway...RIP

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 22:49

Live bbc news
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 23:10

Oh great, something for the media to nibble on for weeks to come. As they do with every blasted happening.

Anyway, sad that he died ofcourse, but somehow I don't feel like caring.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 23:12

That's just harsh joozey. You're underestimating how important he has been in the world of music, how many things changed because of him. Contrary to all those Idol program idols, Jackson was a true idol, a music icon. A living legend.

Sorry, but it's almost stupid in a very ignorant way to say you couldn't care less.

Of course, you can have your own opinion on this event, but man...

Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 23:18

Shure, important he was to the Music bizz in the 80s and 90s..

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 23:21

@Phemox He isnīt anymore a "living" legend
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/25/09 23:28

I wouldn't mind if I did care, but I just don't. It's not like I made myself not caring about it. His music hasn't impressed or touched me in any way. If he hasn't given me anything useful, then why would I care? Before him a million others I should be caring about then.

But please continue with your own opinions. I'm just one of those few.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 00:35

wow.. somebody died... thas news. usually, people dont die!

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 00:54

Wow, just checked and his site has even been taken down :s
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 05:27

Quote:
how many things changed because of him
yeah, he started the delusional trend of optimizing the human body with cosmetic surgery. he was kind of interesting in this regard but i also never cared for his music. i don't understand what's supposed to be great about it. he must have had a very sad life.
Posted By: ello

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 06:40

his heart just stopped.. from my pov its ok laugh
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 06:57

who the fck is michael jackson?

btw...
I wish mick jagger a long long life.
I donīt want to drive to work with all these crappy stones songs in the radio.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 07:42

you know he's dead, he's dead, you know it....

lame joke >_>
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 07:44

yes he has left the building!
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 09:16

He was once a great artist, then he became a zombie and now his suffering is over.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 10:23

I really liked his older songs.
They had sth. unique and it was always cool when they played them on the radio.
Often they seemed to be fresher than some stuff which recently entered charts.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 11:29

Originally Posted By: sPlKe
wow.. somebody died... thas news. usually, people dont die!

Very true, but this is more like Coca-Cola going bankrupt.... You know it's a possibility and in the case of humans we all are going to die at some point (and his surgery can't hide he's human too :p ), so this was rather inevitable. But for such an iconic person to pass, is just extremely sad.

It's by the way not true that Michael only influenced music in the 80s and 90s, he did so till this very day and beyond. When it comes to music videos, dance moves, music style, live performances. He singlehandedly ignited the music industry.

I doubt anyone will ever become as famous as he was / is.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 11:55

Is now the time to overrate his influence?
He was just a successful singer with a self-nurtured
persona-cult.

Its not that music would not have evolved without him...

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 12:02

But it HAS evolved WITH him... period.
That's a fact.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 12:03

Wasn't he dead already anyway? I mean, his nose died off ages ago..

(Oh, and yes, I could care less for his music indeed :))

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 12:19

I personal admire the artists and bands that I know from the 80s and who are still active like Madonna, Depeche Mode, Kylie Minogue. Fortunately they did not die and continued their missions.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 12:21

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
Is now the time to overrate his influence?

You are definitely underestimating his influence. Whole generations of musicians got clearly influenced by his music. He started musical genres and evolved with them, with which he was able to make many successful albums for years and years. He was a true musical genius and a very good (aggressive) businessman. He might have been crazy, but that's what fame and success tends to do to people.

Compare that to all those one-day flies of today in the pop music world and you'll see how he has been immensely important.

When it comes to music, there are a big bunch of artists that I like to listen to far more and far more often, but his music has always been of remarkable quality. You might not like pop music altogether, but sorry for saying this, but claiming his influence wasn't huge is really just quite ignorant.

Quote:
Its not that music would not have evolved without him...

He was responsible for a renewed boost in the booming of the music industry. So I would disagree with you there. If Michael Jackson wouldn't have been successful, someone else would have instead. But we're not living in a parallel dimension without Michael Jackson, lol. :p

John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson... something tells me he easily belongs among the best and most influential artists ever.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 12:44

This depends on the music style. Some artists are influenced some others are not. I cannot imagine Depeche Mode hopping around like Jackson did. And they will never produce music like he did.

I agree that Jackson was unique, great and famous. But I don't see lots of Jackson clones in the music landscape as well as there are no Freddie Mercury copies around.
But I know dozens of bands performing and singing like Depeche Mode did. I went to a lot of gigs and parties and made similar music myself as a student.

There was a time when a majority of young people dressed and moved like Dave from Depeche Mode (at least here in Germany), they even cut their hair like him.
I did not see a single Jackson copy in the Disco here. Some tried to imitate his moon-walk though.

Maybe his success was more of an American story and among black people at this time.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 13:04

Even World of Warcraft has some Jackson dance built in, so you think it did not influence the music business that much?

There are not many direct copies or rip-offs. That's right - and that's good.

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 13:38

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Even World of Warcraft has some Jackson dance built in, so you think it did not influence the music business that much?

There are not many direct copies or rip-offs. That's right - and that's good.

Yes. I agree and there was an influence for sure. He was a pop giant at his time. There must be foot steps behind him.

I just wanted to point out that he was not the only one and that some people are not touched and affected at all.

So I understand both sides. Some don't understand the hype and some others admire him. It is just a matter of taste.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 15:48

I didn't liked him, so no real RIP :P
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 19:27

Quote:
Very true, but this is more like Coca-Cola going bankrupt

I have a feeling a lot more people like coca-cola than like micheal jackson.... I mean he was known as the "king of pop" and yes he did influence pop culture, but that doesnt mean he influenced them in a positive way, or even in a way that he deserved, and doesnt mean that influence stretches out to anybody who dislikes poppy music.

honestly he annoyed the crap out of me, and even though i didnt wish him dead, i do think overrated people like him waste space in the public eye for something that could be a bit more constructive.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 19:35

man thats just amazing!(in a bad way of coarse) hes one of those people who u just dont think about dieing.. and especially how yung he looks... Oh and he is said to have a heartattach.. but thats just what i herd

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 19:46

Quote:

I agree that Jackson was unique, great and famous. But I don't see lots of Jackson clones in the music landscape as well as there are no Freddie Mercury copies around.
But I know dozens of bands performing and singing like Depeche Mode did. I went to a lot of gigs and parties and made similar music myself as a student.

That has to do with your taste and (limited, no offense!!) knowledge of bands or music, as there are many people that tried to be like Freddie Mercury. Most of them just failed.
As for Michael Jackson, take a look at the Timberlakes in pop music. Modern day music is full of Jackson style stuff.

Quote:
have a feeling a lot more people like coca-cola than like micheal jackson....

I made that analogy to show how famous he was, not how popular. But there are still millions of fans around the world.

Quote:

honestly he annoyed the crap out of me, and even though i didnt wish him dead, i do think overrated people like him waste space in the public eye for something that could be a bit more constructive.

Blame it on the bad publicity for his life-style and private issues... musically he hasn't dominated the news in years.
Posted By: dracula

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 20:11

Michael, the torture of being a multi-millionaire pop singer is over.
RIP

dracula
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 21:20

It's sad indeed. I somehow think he got misunderstood many times, but we don't know the truth so whatever.
RIP King of Pop. Gonna listen to some songs of him now.
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/26/09 23:46

he made a few good songs. iīm thankful about it. smile
its a pity that he is not longer here

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/27/09 00:00

He walked his last Moonwalk wink

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/27/09 09:27

See it that way: How many of us did walk the moon? smile
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/27/09 13:50

the moonwalk is plain awesome. and actually not even that hard.

been a huge fan in my childhood, and i still like many of his songs. rip.
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/29/09 09:01

like pin holes in the curtain of night such was his music....may he now rest in piece from all those pin pricks!
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/29/09 09:30

this guy was so frustrating. showing us every single day that massive success, money and fame, cultural and social input aint the universal key for happyness.
i wonder if this guy had one happy day in his life.

he should have grabbed his money after thriller and left to live a private life somewhere in botswana like elvis did for example. instead of staying in this crappy industry that sucks you out and kills you.

not a big fan of his music though its not bad at all, but i just feel sorry for this guy. having to live in golden freakshow cage for his entire life. not even being able to out himself as gay.
maybe it shows us just one thing: sooner or later either the fake industrial "artist" has do die or the person behind it. long live indy music!!

to be fair though: i would rather see timberlake or land (any timber guy i guess is ok) dead instead of him. rihanna? down the drain! beyonce? flush!
thats actually what broke his heart: have to face the fact as the king of pop that his vassals are a big piple of crap.
i still demand that pop music should be written with two oīs.

so r.i.p your highness. i doubt i can stand another britney spears album either.
so we might see us sooner then you think.

cheers

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 06/29/09 11:56

Originally Posted By: Blattsalat
this guy was so frustrating. showing us every single day that massive success, money and fame, cultural and social input aint the universal key for happyness.
i wonder if this guy had one happy day in his life.

It's probably a big misunderstanding that Michael Jackson suffered under his stardom that directly for most of the time though.

I think he really knew from very very early on what it would mean to be a star anyway, growing up as a 5 year old kid on stage. But I think he was enjoying the attention. It's often said he gave 200% for every performance, well.. you won't be able to keep that up if you're 'acting' it through.

When it comes to his private life.. he has often said in interviews that he totally hated the press with all their sensationalistic and false stories and stopped reading them ages ago, but when it comes to being chased by masses of fans and having a rather limited private life, he usually responded with 'that's what it is'.

Quote:
he should have grabbed his money after thriller and left to live a private life somewhere in botswana like elvis did for example. instead of staying in this crappy industry that sucks you out and kills you.

He got addicted to spending crazy amounts of money as a private person and investing lots of money as a businessman, if he would have gotten the chance he would have bought the world. It inevitably meant he would have to go on being successful and for a long time he did exactly that.

He probably only began to feel the negative side of his success by the time his health became really bad, couldn't perform with 200% anymore and had less success with music too (although he barely released any new music the last two decades because from a financial point of view he didn't really have to.).

Quote:
long live indy music!!

Yeah, big improvement... not. :p Depressing music from actual depressed people in 9 out of 10 times. wink

I doubt Michael Jackson was fake in the way you are suggesting though. He was an entertainer for sure because he liked to perform, but I don't think he was ever truly acting the whole thing.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 07/01/09 09:50

he converted to islam, he made himself white, he raped little kids, boys mostly, all while singing songs like earth song, black and white, they dont care about us, beat it and you are not alone...

nope, definately not acting...

Re: Michael Jackson died???? - 07/01/09 14:28

Converting to Islam says more about his disgust of Christianity in America and elsewhere in the world than anything else.
© 2024 lite-C Forums