Morbi Mods Mayham!

Posted By: Blattsalat

Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/02/09 17:48

the long version:
Whats up with the mods closing every single post in morbius?!?!
I find this attitude disgusting and inappropriate. they dont commet it, they dont warn people, they dont give reasons and they dont act like mods imo!

recently a "i dont like the topic or your oppinion" seams to be enough to close things down.

what the hell is wrong with you? has conitec been sold to some north korean company or removed to fucking teheran recently?

morbius should be a place to talk about everything and nothing. and mods going havoc lately hurt this more then all posts that have been locked recently!

I would suggest rethinking the mods policy and the idea of morbius if i were conitec.
"not liking" should not be a terminus here!

dont kill whats the core of the engine: the users interaction here.
there is no unnecessary post at all. if people like to respond to it, then they should be allowed to, even if its just for the fun of it.

the short version:
this sucks!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/02/09 18:34

I agree with some points. They should give a reason or a warn. For example, the old Cooking thread, it was a great idea to post some videos by users and tried with cooking. And voila!! The moderators just closed it.

But sometimes they post useless stuff.
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/02/09 19:34

Well Blattsalat, we're both around here for almost the same period,
and you should remember that Morbius was always the part of the forum
with a little more "freedom of speech", but nevertheless not a place to
be filled up with every kind of spam that goes around in certain minds. wink

And compared to other forums with a user base as large as this one,
the level of moderation is really low, as we try to keep it to the
lowest minimum thats possible...
Posted By: FBL

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/02/09 19:40

The number of recently closed threads is disturbing.
Posted By: Blink

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/02/09 20:08

it is disturbing. i always thought the moderators should discuss the thread first before closing it. i didnt agree with the closing of a thread recently, but i didnt interfere because i didnt want to step on the toes of the moderator that did it. i am a little older than everyone here, so i view things differently at times. i just hope we can work these types of issues out before it comes to closing a thread from someone exercising freee speech, especially in morbius where its ok to speak freely.
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 09:46

I can tell you so far: We will not tolerate threads that show disrespect on any person or group of people. That's it.
Posted By: ello

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 09:49

Quote:
i am a little older than everyone here

really?? in that case you must be VERY old laugh
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 09:53

Originally Posted By: ello
Quote:
i am a little older than everyone here

really?? in that case you must be VERY old laugh

yes, because Ello is a fossile...
Posted By: alpha_strike

CHECKY GIVE UP YOUR MOD POSITION - 07/03/09 10:02

Hi checky, sorry for getting personal.
But since I remember you (you came after me in 2003) - I never saw something gs related work from you personally.

So this is my rhetorical question at you personally - like every year (just want to keep the tradition)

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SEARCHING IN THIS FORUM???
IS YOUR PEEWEE SO SMALL THAT YOUR ONLY JOY IS TO PLAY THE BIG MOD BANANA ???
SO PLEASE GIVE UP YOUR MOD JOB!!!

GS Mods should work with the 3d GS - otherwise it makes no sense to play the mod in an area which you do not belong.

CHECKY or should I write CHUCKY LAY DOWN YOUR MOD JOB. You never will have the qualification for it.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:06

hahaha... you finally really made me laugh.
btw: excessive vulgar language and personal attack ... 3 day ban. sry for that, but I need my "peewee" to grow...
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:14

Originally Posted By: checkbutton
3 day ban. sry for that, but I need my "peewee" to grow...

AlphaStrike: You got 3 days now for full-time working on your project. Looking forward to see the results at the fourths day smile

Checkbutton: You use vulgar speech in your response as well. Please ban yourself!

I agree with the majority here that the moderation is inappropriate. There are no warnings and no explanations in the respective threads.
Maybe someone should inform Conitec.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:19

Oh yes there is. I gave an explanation and btw. already talked to sPIKe and we concluded that it was the right decision to close it, despite the fact that it has no further consequences.
And I think, as far as i remmeber, old_bill also explained his decision here.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: CHECKY GIVE UP YOUR MOD POSITION - 07/03/09 10:19

@alpha_strike (if you're back): (u make my day)
Posted By: the_mehmaster

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:21

Quote:
There are no warnings and no explanations

If the post is innapropriate, there doesn't need to be.
I believe that the mods know what to delete and what not to.. otherwise they wouldn't have been given those priveliges in the first place
Posted By: Error014

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:29

Quote:
For example, the old Cooking thread, it was a great idea to post some videos by users and tried with cooking.

As far as I remember - and please forgive this old man for his terrible memory - that thread was opened by LordMoggy, and thus destinied to fail. I'd love for someone to create such a thread, learning cooking in that way would be fun smile

I don't open that thread myself because threads made by me always end up with very few replies, as is evident by all my showcase-threads of INCREDIBLE AMAZING FUN GAMES. ... I... I think I have something in my eye. frown

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:30

There was no explanation in the thread. But there was an explanation in another thread.

Quote:
If the post is innapropriate, there doesn't need to be.
I believe that the mods know what to delete and what not to.. otherwise they wouldn't have been given those priveliges in the first place

Actually this is a property of Conitec and they can do whatever they want. But it is a good habit to let people know why you do something in a public visible area.

And since you are new, I can tell how the moderators have been chosen:
There was a thread in the Conitec section of this forum calling for new moderators. Just in a few minutes some people responded to become a moderator. They just became, all of them, as I can remember. And some of them are very skilled, experienced and some others are not.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:40

So why didn't you apply? You are also very skilled and experienced (as far as I know)?
I'm around these forums for about 7 or 8 years now. I lost my account twice through forum software changes (once it was restored, and once it was lost completely).
And btw: I own the latest version af GameStudio (A7 commercial). What I do with it, and what not, and what I share with the forums is MY own decision.
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:40

@alpha_strike:
So you think just because someone is working with 3DGS this should already
qualify him/her for being/not being a moderator?

You're working with 3DGS since 2003 (should qualify you acording to your statement),
but I'm not sure if it would the best idea to make you a moderator...?

Whatever, regarding the closing of recent threads (and as said before),
Morbius is not a deposit for every kind of junk, and so certain threads will
be closed, like all the years before.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 10:49

Seconded.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 11:11

i agree with blattsalat and alpha_strike. moderators should be active gamestudio users and not only come here once in a few weeks and close threads for no good reason.

that checkbutton is a moderator is a bit of a joke anyway since he has shown bully behavior himself many times. i remember one time a few years ago he threatened to send his thug friends over to some forum member's house to beat him up. smile

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 11:33

Originally Posted By: ventilator
i remember one time a few years ago he treatened to send his thug friends over to some forum member's house to beat him up. smile

O_o
yeah, sure...
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 11:43

yes, i clearly remember it. if you don't then either you are senile or lying. :p

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 11:46

Yeah, I must be...

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:09

i remember that, too. just dont know which thread it was (you are lucky that the search function is limited to not go back to that day laugh
Posted By: fogman

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:12

Why the heck I tend to believe ventilator in that regard...
Must be some voodoo or the like. whistle

My personal bottom line:
You seem to convinced by your own genius, though thereīs no reason for it. I call this plain ignorance.
If there are enough users complaining about checky, he will lose his mod status.
Remember: You are the community, not checky.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:23

Don't you see ho ridiculous this is?
Me threatening somebody I don't know letting beat up by some rowdies? Am I Mafia?
So don't be silly. And even IF I stated this:
1. It was long ago (long enough that even the search function can't find it anymore), so there is no reason to bring this up.
2. I may also post private, not in my funtion as moderator.
3. Perhaps you just didn't get the irony in it?

As far as I remember, all my decisions were seconded by Conitec. So I'll stick to my kind oder moderating here.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:29

Originally Posted By: E14
and please forgive this old man for his terrible memory
I agree with you, my memory is crap with some stuff grin.

Originally Posted By: E14
that thread was opened by LordMoggy, and thus destinied to fail. I'd love for someone to create such a thread, learning cooking in that way would be fun smile
Yes - That thread was opened by LordMoggey, and yeah, it was kinda stupid becuase it was a one-line thread:
Originally Posted By: The Cooking thread by LordMoggey
How do you like your eggs?
And everyone here knows that LordMoggey always post useless stuff, but that thread would be a huge hit. laugh
Posted By: TheThinker

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:37

And, can someone remember the epic thread with EvilPhoton Checkbutton This two redicolous brothers and someone called pj?

This was the greatest Thread ever perhaps someone remembers some answers of checkbutton. I think it was about an icq log ... I never had more fun reading this forum.

But by the way. The descisions of Checkbutton to close threads were always fitting in my opinion.

And, with danger to be the "Buhmann". I think he does a good moderatorjob the last year.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:37

Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
...that thread was opened by LordMoggey, and yeah, it was kinda stupid becuase it was a one-line thread:
Originally Posted By: The Cooking thread by LordMoggey
How do you like your eggs?
And everyone here knows that LordMoggey always post useless stuff, but that thread would be a huge hit. laugh

No, this is an exaggeration. He posts some interesting stuff sometimes in the tools section. And I remember much more one-liners from you, Cowabanga. The last one of your one-liners is just 5 minutes ago and reads: WHAT.A.THR3AD grin

By the way: I like the humor of LordMoggy. He has some interesting creativity in his posts.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:42

It's not that bad is it?!? I remember only 3 topics being removed from morbius of recent which weren't really decent issues to have on the site (how to cut up and eat a human head in detail?!?).
I tend to only mod though if the topic is very personal or severe, but most of the time it's against those pesky spam bots

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:51

Quote:
Don't you see ho ridiculous this is?"

Well, it stands out for some of your "ridiculous" actions.
It shows clearly that youīre applying double standards.
All I say is: Let Conitec deside. If you donīt want checkbutton as Mod, write to Conitec. Alltogether.

Quote:
I may also post private, not in my funtion as moderator.

I disagree. At least you should make another account that does not have any moderator rights for this case.
Because otherwise you are a moderator and thus not private.
As mod youīve always responsibility. You canīt switch it off.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 12:59

Originally Posted By: fogman
Quote:
Don't you see ho ridiculous this is?"

Well, it stands out for some of your "ridiculous" actions.
It shows clearly that youīre applying double standards.
All I say is: Let Conitec deside. If you donīt want checkbutton as Mod, write to Conitec. Alltogether.

I don't have to say anything to this. I think, I did not the worst job here, so I can't see any reason why Conitec should decide against me. Also because there is no real issue? I didn't do anything wrong now or even in the past months.

Quote:
I may also post private, not in my funtion as moderator.

I disagree. At least you should make another account that does not have any moderator rights for this case.
Because otherwise you are a moderator and thus not private.
As mod youīve always responsibility. You canīt switch it off.

Conitec already decided this issue some time ago, and guess what: I may.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 13:04

Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
And I remember much more one-liners from you, Cowabanga. The last one of your one-liners is just 5 minutes ago and reads: WHAT.A.THR3AD grin
Yeah, but i edited it. See it now:
Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
WHAT.A.THR3AD grin

AND.AT.3V3RYON3,YOU.ALL.HAV3.TO.R3MOV3.YOUR.SIGNATUR3S,FOR.L3TT3RS.SAK3 grin

Let Conitec deside. If you donīt want checkbutton as Mod, write to Conitec. Alltogether.
I'm writing. Becuase from 3 months ago, in my thread about FBX exporting, he attacked me.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 13:13

The interesting thing is that the very same discussion has been there at least 3 times before. This lets me go figure...

Anyway I think the recent closures were exaggerated.
By killing the offtopic posts from the offtopic area you get what Developia.de is today. A dead community.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 13:28

Yes, you "may".
That doesnīt mean, that itīs right.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 14:01

@firoball: I closed 1 (one!!) thread, in consent with the thread starter.
@fogman: I won't write any further more about this. If you want to fight your private issues on this level, do so, have fun. If you don't want to, feel free to PM me, I'm sure we can solve our problems like adults. I just don't want to heat up a flame war. Thank you!
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 15:05

Why are we making a big fuss over few closed threads?

Can someone PLEASE enlighten who we murdered brutally?

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 15:06

Donīt claim that this is a personal issue.
A lot of users are concerned about your behaviour.

Inestical: A stitch in time saves nine!

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 15:10

i hate to butt in, but i have a suggestion, because attacking checkbutton and hating the moderators is counter-productive. i suggest that we all stop talking about it, and as a community come up with rules for the moderators. there are those of us that have been here for years, and we should be examples for the new members. i dont like to ban or close threads, because i believe in free speech, but when the thread is a blatant attack on another member, i have to act. i personally never try to interfere when someone expresses their opinion on a forum as free as morbius. so if we collectively try to come up with rules for the moderators and adhere to the rules of the community, we will be better for it. after all, JCL didnt make us moderators so we could terrorize the forums or create chaos among us. this is just my opinion, and i hope i dont offend anyone.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 16:26

Originally Posted By: Firoball

Not as disturbing as the amount of user generated spam threads. I think it's perfectly fine to close threads that go no where.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 16:33

i agree with that. kill the spam threads.
Posted By: amy

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 16:34

I thought threads that go nowhere are the point of Morbius? It's only spam if someone wants to sell penis enlargement pills.

I also find the closing of threads for no apparent reason very annoying. If there is a thread like "I hate kids" and the original poster or someone else who got insulted asks for closing it then it often is okay of course but recently I found some moderator decisions to be totally random.

I really like the Morbius and Hilbert forums. They make the Gamestudio forum special. Most other forums like the Unity one are quite boring.

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 16:35

I agree with Phemox. The amount of spam increased and so did the moderator actions.

Originally Posted By: Blink
i hate to butt in, but i have a suggestion, because attacking checkbutton and hating the moderators is counter-productive.

But I also agree with Blink. We should stop complaining and just draw a few conclusions. One very simple thing would be to explain why a thread gets closed (in the same thread).

Inestical: This is not because somebody murdered somebody. It is about freedom of speech and about being kind and nice (explaining why doing something). It has nothing to do with a particular event. It has to do with the situation as it.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 16:47

Quote:
I really like the Morbius and Hilbert forums. They make the Gamestudio forum special. Most other forums like the Unity one are quite boring.

Well, I think the forums here have been quite boring too, which is probably the main cause of the increase of what I call user generated spam threads.

Quote:
One very simple thing would be to explain why a thread gets closed (in the same thread).

Yeah, I think this should be a moderating rule from now on. A single line explaining why the moderator thought it's best to just close the thread would prevent a lot of those pointless 'why I think they have wrongly closed my thread' posts in Morbius that sometimes tend to follow. :p

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 17:52

maybe you all should consider
this!!!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 17:54

wow... this got... really big.... realllllly fast

and I'd also like to chime in... What in the hell was alpha_strike thinking?
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 18:23

okay lets clarify some stuff:

1.) checkbutton is right. he closed my thread and i was okay with that. we had a convesation on PM and we both disagreed my thread backfired and was inapropriate, thus it was closed. and that was good.

2.) you may think of checkbutoon whaever you want, but please dont let this thread become a special "lets bach someone thread"

3.) i think blattsalat meant closing threads without warning. the starting thread would have been closed by old_bill without explanation. i usually am against closing threads, except of course they are inaproriate like choping a mans head of and cooking it. for gods sake, thats not even funny by my standards and that means something.

4.) you are all talking about three closed threads here. instead of fighting about whats right and whats not, you could just, i dunno, start a thread? threads are fun...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/03/09 18:59

Originally Posted By: ello
maybe you all should consider
this!!!

hahaha, this is the best!!!!
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/04/09 11:03

Quote:
As far as I remember - and please forgive this old man for his terrible memory - that thread was opened by LordMoggy, and thus destinied to fail.

you just made my day xD
Posted By: ISG

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/04/09 13:38

For further closed threads I do agree there should be a statement in the ending post that explains why the thread has been locked for clarity on the matter rather than causing confusion.

If anyone has any problem with a thread being closed feel more than happy to PM me anytime and I'd be more than happy to talk about it or see the reason why it was locked and see what we can do, I'm fairly easygoing smile

Re: Morbi Mods Mayham! - 07/05/09 12:14

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
Originally Posted By: Firoball

Not as disturbing as the amount of user generated spam threads. I think it's perfectly fine to close threads that go no where.

Yes it's fine to get rid of Spam threads and I supprt this, but those threads usually go unnoticed.
I wouldn't call the recently closed topics spam.
© 2024 lite-C Forums