The cooking Thread

Posted By: sPlKe

The cooking Thread - 07/03/09 18:32

okay, i dont want any gruesome or idiotic stuff in here. we talk about real food...

"Original Tiroelr Kaiserschmarren"
Basically, this is a scrambled omlett, but its important to understand that this is yet something diferent.
we take two eggs, and while most cookng noobs woudl take milk, we dont. two eggs and flour. scramble everythign together until you get a thick liquid. it has to eb thick enough to stick but liquid enough to flow.
now, heat up some butter, not oil. butter is important. once its hot, just pour the dough into the pan. use a wooden or plastic cooking spoon and scrambleit while frying it.
always keep the dough in motion, or else it burns, wich is bad.
after a few minutes, teh dough is done. its golden yellow now, and very "flaumig" whateer that means in english.

now, put it onto some plate or whatever you people eat from and put sugar over it. just sugar. can be normal sugar or powder sugar, but just sugar. and you are done.
it should look like this:

can additionally be served with some cranberries. best served with milk.
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/03/09 19:28

That's really cool. I like Kaiserschmarrn the most!
I have to think about a recipe, I can post here.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/03/09 22:34

sounds really good, i might just make some of that.
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/03/09 23:01

Reminds me of taking a break from skiing in Tirol

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/04/09 08:00

Original Wiener Schnitzel:
The original Schnitzel is made with Pork. cut out the pork pieces the size you like and knock them u with a "Schnitzelklopfer"

the perfect schnitzel is more than 5mm but less than 1cm thick.
prepeare two eggs, some flur and breadcrumbs, but really fine ones.

now, some spice. just salt and pepper. not too much - onto the meat, both sides.
then, put the meat into the flour so that its white on both sides. after that, put it into the scrambled raw eggs so that they are compeltely covered. after that, put it into the breadcrumbs until its compeltely covered.
heat up some oil. you see if its hot enough if you put in a wooden stick. if the wooden stick frys good, its hot enough. do not use to cold oil, for the schnitzel will suck it up and its not good that way.
now, fry the schnitzel until its a nice light brown tone. put a pece of a lemon onto the schnitzel and serve.
best served with fries. some people like ketchup or cranberrys, but i think this ruins the tasteof the meat. serve with a cold beer or some coke.

Posted By: Schmerzmittel

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/04/09 08:16

Spike so ganz richtig ist das aber nicht.

Der Kaiserschmarrn wird mit Eisschnee gemacht, der zum Teig untergehoben wird.
Beim Wiener Schnitzel ist das Fleisch aus Kalbsfleisch.

Oder habe ich das überlesen oder verlesen. Pork ist ja Schwein.

Aber ansonsten ist alles soweit für mich als Koch in Ordnung. (Ja ja, Kochausbildung gehabt).

EDIT:
Spike, du bist doch Österreicher oder? Sind bei euch die Rezepte auch überall verschieden? Ich hab meine aus der Gegend um Langschlag im Waldviertel.

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/04/09 09:33

Originally Posted By: Schmerzmittel
Spike so ganz richtig ist das aber nicht.

Der Kaiserschmarrn wird mit Eisschnee gemacht, der zum Teig untergehoben wird.
Beim Wiener Schnitzel ist das Fleisch aus Kalbsfleisch.

Oder habe ich das überlesen oder verlesen. Pork ist ja Schwein.

Aber ansonsten ist alles soweit für mich als Koch in Ordnung. (Ja ja, Kochausbildung gehabt).

EDIT:
Spike, du bist doch Österreicher oder? Sind bei euch die Rezepte auch überall verschieden? Ich hab meine aus der Gegend um Langschlag im Waldviertel.

wir haben andere rezepte. das schnitzel wird ebenso mit schwein gemacht wie schmarren ohne schnee. das ist ja fast schon ein frevel :p allerdings, und das ist in deinemf all richtig:
wiener schnitzel ist mit kalb. schnitzel wiener art ist mit schwein.
sag jetz bloß ihr packt keinen speck in die knödel bzw die knödl nicht in die suppe...
Posted By: Error014

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/04/09 18:16

What is... this sudden feeling...

Is it truly... joy? Is it actual... happiness?

As tears of what I will now assume is happiness roll down my face, I just say thanks for a real cooking thread with pictures. This is going to be great smile
Can't wait to see recipes from all over the world. smile
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/05/09 12:18

@sPIKe: Did you cook that all by yourself? It really looks delicious.

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/05/09 13:18

i do, but the pics are from google. i only post recepies i cook myself.

Re: The cooking Thread - 11/22/09 10:03

since i refuse to let this thread die...

Baked Potatoes (Bratkartoffeln)

this is easy: put some oil or butter onto your baking tin.
peel some potatoes and cut them into several pieces. place them onto the tin.
spice them up with salt and pepper, not too much.
put them into your oven and grill them. dont forget to move them around while roasting them until the edges become brown.
thats it.

while we in tyrol often eat them as single meal, you can server them with meat too. i prefer chicken, others prefer schnitzel or some eggs. its up to you.
best served with a cold beer/coke.

note: there are several ways to make this. some people cook the potatoes first others bake them with flour. its up to you to vary the recipie laugh

Re: The cooking Thread - 11/22/09 10:20

Aah, this thread again! laugh

Since I'm lazy, I'm a huge fan of the simplest potato wedges ever: Simply wash your potatoes, and then quarter them (for bigger potatoes, it's often useful to cut them in smaller pieces, so cut them in sixtenths or whatever). You don't have to peel them (although you might if you can't stand the tase), but wash them thoroughly (and, of course, get rid of any greenish parts or what-have-you, unless you want to die a horrible death).

Place them on a baking tray (don't forget baking paper :P), and then put the whole thing in the pre-heated oven at 200°C or something. Bake them for about thiryty to fourty minutes (kind of depends on your potatoes, their sizes, etc.), put salt on them and enjoy.

Again, this is about the easiest recipe ever, it's very tasty and not loaded with fat like the wedges you buy in a store. It's a win-win-situation!

(I'm a really bad at cooking, which, I assume, can easily be gathered from the above. I still like doing it, and I love threads like this. Please guys continue with this, it'd be awesome to see the favorite recipes from people all over the world laugh )
Posted By: ventilator

Re: The cooking Thread - 11/22/09 11:02

i think you should at least put some olive oil and for example some sesame on the potatoes before you bake them. laugh

Re: The cooking Thread - 11/22/09 11:17

Sesame is a very interesting idea that, I'm sure, would have never occured to me. I really can't imagine the taste, to be honest, but I might just try that one of these days laugh
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: The cooking Thread - 11/22/09 14:20

I am getting hungry grin

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/02/10 17:47

please ive searched a while now for this thread, DONT LET IT DIE...
have some
MILK RICE

cook rice in salty water for 2/3 of its cooking time (depends on stove, rice, your preference

meanwhile, heaten some milk and sugar it. make sure it doesnt flow over...

remove the water with a sieve quickly

put the rice into the milk and switch back the stove to let it bloat a while...

you can additionally put the yellow part of the egg into the mix or some butter, depends on taste...

just make sure sure tp stir it until its all nicely together.

you can eat it with cinnamon, fruits or vanilla, even chocolate...

have a look:

Posted By: Superku

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/02/10 20:20

streusel pudding cake

1) Roll leavened dough on a baking plate.
2) Cook some vanilla pudding with milk and sugar, leave it to cool down.
3) Spread the pudding on the dough.
4) For the streusels (is this an English word?!): Mix some butter, flour and sugar (how much depends on your preferences, f.i. twice as much flour as sugar) and scatter the streusels on the pudding.
5) Bake at 180°C for 25+min. Add powdered sugar.
6) Tastes hot and (esp.) cold.

Posted By: Joozey

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/02/10 21:47

- Buy some 1 minute microwave rice
- Buy some1 minute microwave red cabbage in can
- Buy meat balls
- Buy cucumber and carrots
- Bake meat balls
- Put rice and red cabbage in microwave for one minute
- Decorate plate with rice mountain, red cabbage lava, sliced cucumber fields, cut carrot beaches and meat ball hills.

Voila. My usual dinner.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/02/10 22:18

Sweet Drumsticks

1 KG Drumsticks (tiny chicken legs)
1 Cup of Sugar
Salt
Pepper
1 Shotglass (1 1/2 oz) of water
1 bouillon cube
1/2 Small cut onion
1-2 Lauren leafs
2 Pinks (Dt.: nelken)
1 Chili
1-2 minced cloves of garlic
a bit of Cinnamon,
a bit of Lemon juice

Fry the drumsticks in a pot (trust me, you'll need a POT, not a pan!) and then add the cup of sugar. Stir a bit and then add salt and pepper and keep stirring until the sugar has evenly caramelized.

Add the water, bouillon cube, onion, laurel, garlic, pinks, cinnamon and chili and keep stirring all the way. Add the lemon juice while stirring (yes, I know, a lot of stirring involved, isn't there?) ( and no, don't run away, the stuff scorches quick and then your batch is ruined) keep stirring on medium heat until the sauce has a syrupy consistence. In doubt add more water and try again until you find your desired consistency.

If you like, you can eat it with fresh(!!!!!!!) Cilantro. Best served with rice topped with a few drops of fishsauce (I'll show you a picture of the correct brand you'll need tomorrow).

If you did everything right, it should look like this:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find real "drumsticks" and used the smallest chicken legs I could find. The problem with big legs is that the flavor doesn't soak in all the way and you'll find yourself having just dull chicken instead of this sweet little piece of heaven that results from this recipe of awesomeness, courtesy of my mother.

My flatmate enjoyed it too:

Next time on "Acknex Cooks 101", Sauce Bolognese for all your spaghetti bolognese dreams.

Happy cooking.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/03/10 14:40

oh oh oh!

I'm gonna bake some cake's soon for some friends b-days...
I'll show the results here grin

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/03/10 14:46

someone should sticky this laugh
edit:
for my wife... she cant cook...

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 08:52

Just as a quick one.
My girlfriend and me were dating for 6 months yesterday.
And she asked me to make her favourite food... Pizza!

So this is the end-result:

http://tweetphoto.com/25390978
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 09:20

Where are the other stuff in the pizza: Pepperoni, Vegetables, Mushrooms and other sweet stuff tongue
Posted By: aztec

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 09:48

well I guess it's a pizza magherita grin

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 11:28

No, that was all covered in the layer of cheese tongue it had all sorts of things (one of them was Salmon) on it wink
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 11:36

Originally Posted By: Helghast
Just as a quick one.
My girlfriend and me were dating for 6 months yesterday.
And she asked me to make her favourite food... Pizza!

So this is the end-result:

http://tweetphoto.com/25390978

Time to get a boyfriend, I want such an pizza too tongue
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 15:18

D'aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!

Well done, Dennis!

Jibb
Posted By: Joey

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 15:20

@spike: tried your kaiserschmarrn yesterday. tasted okay, but a bit stale... don't you use baking powder to get it even more fluffy? and no sugar in the dough? i definitely need some syrup for it next time. but other than that, excellent! thanks!

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 15:52

Bolognese Sauce

750 g of minced meat (preferably pork)
Salt
Pepper
1 Onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 twig of rosemary
a good pinch of oregano
2-3 Chili's
1/2 sweet pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
Red wine
2 small cans of sieved tomatoes (or 1 big can)

Add the minced meat little by little in the pan under high heat. (Don't add too much at once, or the pan will cool and the meat loses juice and becomes dry). When all the meat is fried, add the onions and garlic and sweat them (be careful with the garlic, if it burns, it will make the entire sauce taste really, REALLY bitter). Then add the spiced, the chili's and the tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Stir a bit and let it cook for a little while. De-glaze with a good glass of wine and let it cook in on low heat for about 10 minutes (CAUTION! Wine boils away quickly and then scorches, so keep an eye out). When the wine is boiled away, add the sieved tomatoes, stir and let it cook a bit. Add Salt and Sugar (yes, sugar) to taste. If it is too watery, let it boil for a while until you have a thicker consistency.

Done!

You can serve this with spaghetti or practically anything else you fancy with bolognese sauce.

Mine got a bit watery, and I was too hungry, so i didn't let it cook until it was thicker. But that's up to you how you want to leave it.

Happy cooking!

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/04/10 16:03

no suger in the dough! sugar caramelizes and makes the dough hard and crunchy.
if you want it fluffier, try twirling it around with a whisk (egg beater, schneebesen).
the dough grows if you beat air into it. you could use baking powder but if you dont catch the right amount it will explode leaving you with a doughy mess all over your naked body, assuming you cook naked that is...

oh and dennis, youre in love so much it makes me want to strangel you... with roses... without the leafs, just their dorns. replaced by razorblades... but rusty old ones so that they hurt...

no just kidding im in love myself but seriously, the salmons were too much...

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/05/10 08:35

Originally Posted By: sPlKe

oh and dennis, youre in love so much it makes me want to strangel you... with roses... without the leafs, just their dorns. replaced by razorblades... but rusty old ones so that they hurt...

no just kidding im in love myself but seriously, the salmons were too much...

What's wrong with a can of salmon spread over a pizza (it's not like i caught it myself, killed it, and then prepared it for use :P).

For the razorblades I think you need to ask michael laugh
Posted By: Joozey

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/07/10 08:09

Quote:
What's wrong with a can of salmon spread over a pizza (it's not like i caught it myself, killed it, and then prepared it for use :P).

Manliness --

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/07/10 18:23

salmons just taste bad...

i like my pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, salami and ham laugh

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/29/10 15:10

another revival since i just refuse to give up on this thread.
COMEON people post recipes!

GRILLTELLER

what you need:
fries (if you dont know how to make them, maybe someone could post a recipe?)
some green salad
three different slices of meat. preferably pork, beef and chicken.
salt, pepper
oil

it is pretty simple: fry the fries

meanwhile, heat some oil. when the oil is hot enough (not before its really hot) put in the meat slices you spiced with salt and pepper. cook them on both sides (each side around three minutes).

take out the fries, let the oil drip off, salt them and put them on a plate. put the three finished meat slices over them.
maybe add some salad, ketchup or sauces the way you like them.

done laugh

sausages can be added laugh

Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/29/10 19:15

Tarragon Chicken

Ingredients
2 boneless chickenbreast halves
1 teaspoons garlic (minced)
1 lemon
2 teaspoons tarragon (minced)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 green pepper
4 mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Preparations
1) Pre-heat your non-stick pan to medium
2) Take your lemon and grate off some rind of it so you have like 1 teaspoons of lemon rind.
3) Cut your lemon in half and press the juice into a glass (you need 2 tablespoons)
4) take a little bowl or glass and add the oil, tarragon, garlic, lemon rind and lemon juice and 1/2 of the salt and mix everything.
5) Place your chicken halves between plastic wrap and use something solid to pound it to a think breast.
6) Add some salt from both sides
7) Put your chicken on your pan
8) Add some of your mixture on top of the chickens
9) Turn your chickens around and repeat step 8
10) In the meanwhile, wash and cut your peppers to ring quarters and your mushrooms to small slices
11) When your chicken is done, place it on a plate
12) Add the peppers and mushrooms to your pan, add same salt and let it cook until they look soft and juicy.
13) Serve!

One half including half of the peppers and mushrooms have around 350 calories, the chicken itself is 250.
So this is a good meal if you are on a diet.

Posted By: gri

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/30/10 08:20

hi,

here is one of my favorit meals. Its one of the best food what you can get here on this planet.

I'm a man and so I have an area in my brain wich doesnt changed that much in evolution since 30 0000 years. Its one of the last remaining parts we share with the Neanderthales.

For that reason I like to hunting my food and roast it on a fire.....uuuuuhhhhh yeeeeaaaahhh!

Ok, enough spoken words, here are the pics.

First we have to do important preparations. This deceides of glory or fail of the whole operation.....
....and no it's not a dog!!!!

This is the best time. While the flesh is roasting we can dance around the fire and pray to the gods of hunting and of fire.

Only bones remaining and my clan is sated for the next hours.
The womans and kiddies can build decorative stuff made of the bones.

Before I forget, the animal on the pics is a "cameroon sheep".
It has the advantage that it doesnt has this sheeplike taste.

regards,
maik

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/24/10 11:56

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/24/10 11:56

Guten Appetit!
Posted By: Joey

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/24/10 12:12

Mjam. Ich hätt das Brot aber vorher getoastet.
Posted By: Hummel

Re: The cooking Thread - 08/29/10 07:57

Chicken on Bud
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: The cooking Thread - 08/29/10 17:16

Oh my, what a great thread. I will post all of my favorite recipes here, harhar!

Re: The cooking Thread - 09/14/10 15:41

Chili con Carne, I guess there's no explanation needed. Wrap it up or eat with baguettes.

(tasted much better than it looks)
Posted By: achaziel

Re: The cooking Thread - 09/16/10 08:41

and where's the recipe?
Posted By: ventilator

Re: The cooking Thread - 09/16/10 11:00

i found a giant puffball yesterday. laugh (the foto is from google - i didn't have a camera with me.)

recipe: cut into slices and prepare them like wiener schnitzels. serve with potato salad.
Posted By: bredebrothers

Re: The cooking Thread - 09/17/10 21:20

Student's PIZZA!

You'll need:
Toast
Tomato purée
Spice
Cheese / Bacon / Mettwurst
Sandwich toaster

the graphic below should be informative enough to reproduce satisfying results wink

Click here, to see the full-size image wink

Re: The cooking Thread - 10/18/10 17:30

So you are a lone programmer who can't cook and you buy something frozen or freeze-dried and warm it up, may it be a frozen or canned chicken soup or a pack of ramen noodles. And that taste, it's there... but... somehow it just is a bit "boring", the necessary "kick" is missing to unfold it's full potential (as full as you can go with canned food anyway)

The solution?

Add half to 3/4 of a tablespoon of vinegar (normal, plain vinegar, no fancy stuff) and a fingerpinch of sugar, et voilá! The flavors start to unfold and suddenly it tastes 5x better!

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/29/12 13:15

*bump*
Posted By: Damocles

Re: The cooking Thread - 06/29/12 16:45

I have to try that "pizza" once, never felly use my sandwitch maker
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: The cooking Thread - 07/01/12 00:19

The one and only RondiDöner(TM) (A German/Turkish burrito). laugh

What you need:

- Tortilla Wraps
- Gyros meat or smoked tofu
- Cucumber
- Curd (20% fat)
- Paprika powder
- Chives and Parsley
- "Sharp" (Chili and pepper mix)
- Cream
- Corn salad or green salad
- Coleslaw (selfmade or canned)
- Tomato
- Onion
- Feta cheese

---------Dressing------------
Scramble the curd with minced parsley, minced chives, salt, pepper and a little bit cream and add a half of an onion (fine cut). Add a little bit paprika powder. If you want, you can also add a little bit nut oil. The result should taste spicey and creamy. Basically this is "Weißer Käse" from bavaria, but it tastes just like "Döner dip" in the kebab bars. laugh .

--------Salad mix-----------
Take the coleslaw (recipe) and mix it with a sliced onion, the corn salad, a tomato, and a little bit fine-cut cucumber. Add a little bit coleslaw dressing if it`s too dry.

--------Outcome-------------
(Looks a little bit ugly in the picture. That`s caused by the photo flash. Normally the dressing is 100% white.) laugh

--------Prepare the wrap-------------
- Brown the meat / the tofu.
- Spread one wrap with a small layer of dressing and warm it shortly on a pizza stone. Alternative way: Put the tortilla wrap for 20 seconds in a microwave. Now add the layer of dressing.
- Put the wrap on a kitchenfoil and add the meat/tofu, the salad, a little bit feta cheese and a little bit dressing. Then add "sharp".

--------Outcome-------------

--------Now fold it!-------------
That`s how you fold it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfSycxT5qQ&feature=related

--------Result--------

Re: The cooking Thread - 01/27/13 01:55

Currently I like to eat the following dish again once a week, "Schinken Hack Röllchen" with Gnocchi (looks pretty bad but IMO is tasty):

(No recipe as it is just a "mix" that I buy in the supermarket.)
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: The cooking Thread - 01/27/13 02:35

Ist das die Tüte von Maggi?

Re: The cooking Thread - 01/27/13 02:56

Yes. ^^
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: The cooking Thread - 01/27/13 02:59

Ok. I'll give it a try then. :-)

Re: The cooking Thread - 04/05/13 11:38

Medaillons of pork (filet), wrapped in bacon. So easy, so good!

Re: The cooking Thread - 04/30/13 23:24

Add dumplings and Hollandaise sauce for ultimate pleasure!

Posted By: FBL

Re: The cooking Thread - 05/01/13 00:27

www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/912621196430291/...cremesauce.html

Nicht ganz günstig von den Zutaten her, und auch recht zeitaufwändig, aber wenn man dann in eine fertige Kartoffeltasche reinbeißt.... BÄM! In your face!
Völlig pornöses Zeug.

Re: The cooking Thread - 04/21/15 18:57

No real recipe but filet of pork, wrapped in white cabbage and bacon, with some water/ cream based sauce, dumplings and gnocchi:

Posted By: FBL

Re: The cooking Thread - 04/21/15 21:14

Oh, jetzt hab ich den Link zu dem geilen Shiitake Rezept wieder grin
Danke wink
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: The cooking Thread - 04/22/15 17:32

That looks tasty as fuck. Mom's a good cook but doesn't experiment often at all, I wonder if I could convince her to make that. Haha.
© 2024 lite-C Forums