New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in...

Posted By: jaknine

New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/14/09 20:50

I moved out to Hollywood so I could get involved more with acting, and it's really exciting because the first movie I am in is about to come out on DVD.

In the movie there's an army of alien clone soldiers, which the film makers created by taking five guys and digitally duplicating them for various scenes. I played one of those soldiers, and I was also the commander. We had this killer armor costume and since we played the entire army we shot scene after scene of action. It was awesome because we ended up being all throughout the film since we're the bad guys.

A friend of mine who also moved out here to do acting got cast in it as well so we had a blast hanging out with each other and shooting in the desert. Good times.

The movie comes out on DVD in September and I thought I would show you the trailer. At about :26 seconds into the trailer there's a guy with long black hair yelling in alien speak at the troops. That's me. I'm also the guy in armor running away and getting shot in the back, and basically anywhere you see the guys in black armor I'm in the shot somewhere.

It's definitely b-movie sci-fi action and I can't wait to see the finished result when it comes out. Yesterday I saw it listed on Amazon.com which is really cool. smile

Here's the latest trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7vbgWG6MY&fmt=18

I hope you like it!
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/14/09 20:58

Congrats for the job!! laugh

The trailer is nice, but where are you there?? :P
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/14/09 21:08

Congrats for beeing in a movie wink
Reminds me somehow of Battlespace? (oh man i really hated that movie).

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/14/09 22:30

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
Congrats for beeing in a movie wink
Reminds me somehow of Battlespace? (oh man i really hated that movie).

Hahaha yes, the director of "Humanity's End" made "Battlespace". I can't speak for that film but yeah it does tend to evoke strong reactions from people who either love it or hate it, lol.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/14/09 22:58

Hehe very nice job you did here. The effects indeed look cheap, but care, it looks like a fun movie grin.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 06:22

fire the director. please... if youre ever into real acting, dont do shit jobs liek that anymore.
its nothing against you but this movie looks like a cheaply made tv movie from syfy or german television.
i like it that youre giving your best though and wish you the best of luck on your career smile
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 08:13

Nice! But who are you?
I like it, but not the Blood(Splatter) effects...
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 08:51

Just look for an actor whose first name is Jak....

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 09:18

Originally Posted By: sPlKe
fire the director. please... if youre ever into real acting, dont do shit jobs liek that anymore.
its nothing against you but this movie looks like a cheaply made tv movie from syfy or german television.
i like it that youre giving your best though and wish you the best of luck on your career smile

Ok, thanks "coach". Where should I send the check?

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 09:20

Originally Posted By: Rei_Ayanami
Nice! But who are you?
I like it, but not the Blood(Splatter) effects...

Yeah I agree on the blood spatter effects. This trailer is the first time I've seen those.

I pointed out in my post about where I am in the trailer, but so far two people have asked, so here it is again:

At about :26 seconds into the trailer there's a guy with long black hair yelling in alien speak at the troops. That's me. I'm also the guy in armor running away and getting shot in the back, and basically anywhere you see the guys in black armor I'm in the shot somewhere.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 09:26

Cool!
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 09:51

I do not want to judge the quality of this movie.
But... give me a clue. Is this made for cinema or for tv or just for dvd??
This crap could satisfy my craving for pleasure.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 11:55

I like it very much. The backgrounds are amazing. The scenery looks great. The CG models are fantastic. Some explosions are great some smaller weapon impacts are bad.
I cannot say much about acting since the trailer does not expose this.

But to me it looks like a nice project.
It is much better than cinematic cut-scenes from Wing Commander or C&C as an example.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 14:58

Quote:
It's definitely b-movie sci-fi action and I can't wait to see the finished result when it comes out.

It's already looking better than most b-movie sci-fi action flicks though. I thought the trailer was impressive. Even the blood splatter. It looks different and perhaps a bit fake of course, but it never got me thinking 'wtf' in a bad way.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this, when it's due to be released?

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 16:57

Originally Posted By: jaknine
Originally Posted By: sPlKe

Ok, thanks "coach". Where should I send the check?

that one was free...
Posted By: christian

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/15/09 22:45

I love straight to DVD movies... so full of cheesy goodness!

"if you're ever into real acting, don't do shit jobs liek that anymore."
What are you talking about... this is the Mel Gibson plan for success. Make low budget sci-fi movie and 30 years later give x wife 12 mil so you can party on the beach with young girls.

That looks like a good role. gets your face on the screen but if the film totally tanks its not your fault.

the movie needs vin diesel

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 00:31

as if diesel ever did a good movie...
Posted By: christian

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 02:10

exactly
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 04:41

chronicles of riddick/ pitch black was pretty cool, so was xxx, and the fast in the furious 1.

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 09:00

but does pretty cool equal good?
no it doesnt. those movies were entertaining, but far from good...
Posted By: the_clown

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 09:14

You can't say that Vin Diesel is a good actor, but what is the sense of action films if not to entertain you?

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 09:40

true. but we talk about good movies here, not entertaining ones.
truth is, the trailer to this stuff looks liek crap and i can see alot of things that one should avoid when doing a movie like this. it may be entertaining if youre into this kind of thing but its obviously not good.
liek aliens vs predator. entertaining but it was a very bad movie...
Posted By: the_clown

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 09:49

Alright, you got a point here...
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 10:20

I dont think it looks like crap.

This is what makes you saying "aw crap":
http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/2006/12/things-that-make-you-say-aw-crap.html
Posted By: the_mehmaster

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 10:23

Quote:
liek aliens vs predator. entertaining but it was a very bad movie...

Isn't the point of a movie to entertain?
Or is it the ability to communicate a moral message?

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 10:54

that depends on a movie. but i already said that entertainind does not equal good.
a good movie can entertaina swella s a bad movie. youre talking to soembody who dislikes cheaply made scifi or fantasy movies. i dislike splatter. those are jsut bad movies.
i dont like b movies or mindless crap like those car or teeny movies.
i do like popcorn flicks but i wouldnt say those are good.
i lvoe the transformers moveis but they are bad. they are well amde but bad movies.
this is a b-movie, cheaply produced and not well made.
it may be entertaining, i dont know that, but its sure as hell not good...

good movies include the godfather (first part) american history x, terminator 2, vidocq, fight club...

entertaining movies are transformers, iron man, those comic book movies i love so much, demolition man and such.

bad movies are those horrible platter movies, those cheaply produced tv movies, the next "hollywood blockbuster" like fast and furious, xxx and that crap...

entertaining does not equal good...

edit: entertaining is something personal. but good is good. you cant fight about entertainment ebcause its a matter of taste. but a good movie is a good movie no matter if its your taste or not...
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: New trailer for a sci-fi movie I'm in... - 07/16/09 10:57

Originally Posted By: jaknine
At about :26 seconds into the trailer there's a guy with long black hair yelling in alien speak at the troops. That's me. I'm also the guy in armor running away and getting shot in the back, and basically anywhere you see the guys in black armor I'm in the shot somewhere.
Hey... Was that you?? you look tough :P
© 2024 lite-C Forums