Moving to Canada

Posted By: JibbSmart

Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 06:37

Hey guys, any Canadians here?

I'm moving to Toronto in mid-December.

Jibb
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 12:04

Wow, the way from Australia to Canada is soooo far. How can you move your home stuff while Australia is an island??
If it was in a ship it'll take a year. confused

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 12:50

Yeah, it will take 6 weeks I think frown That means I have to try and take my computer with me on the plane, but that leaves not much room for everything else.

Jibb
Posted By: PigHunter

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 12:56

Why Toronto, Canada?

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 13:00

That's where Dad's next posting is.

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 13:10

Your dad is in the military?

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 13:19

I'll tell you tomorrow arvo after it has been announced in Canada laugh But no, it's not military.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 14:48

nice, I live in bay city michigan, in the us, so its like a 5-6 hour drive to toronto for me.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/24/09 16:13

Cool, i will move to Canada Vancouver on october, 5th.

It's an awesome country...
Posted By: DC9

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/25/09 01:20

@JulzMighty - good on ya m8. Toronto ("TO") is pretty chilly in December. Usually by mid-December snow should be a couple of feet deep. Remember to bring a parka, mitts, and a coat for your computer. I live about 30 Km east. If you have any questions, drop me a pm.

@Captain_Kiyaku - es ist gut. Vancouver should be starting to build up the hype for the 2010 Winter Olympics. It's a beautiful city for the most part. I lived near the University for a while many, many years ago. Check out Gas Town during the day time (not such a good place to be at night) and Granville Island. The last time I was there, they had a really good seafood restaurant - I think it was called the Sandbar. You might want to trying hiking in the Lynne Valley gorge.

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/25/09 05:23

Awesome, DC9, might meet you there.

Dad's going to be Vice President of Operations for Yum! (exclamation mark included in the company name). They own Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell. I don't like the title (we generally don't have Presidents or Vice Presidents in companies here).

@LC: Yeah, I hadn't thought of that: even if there aren't a huge amount of Canadians on this forum, there are a lot of Americans and I'll be a whole lot closer.

Jibb

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/25/09 11:14

Cool. I drive past one of the Yum! offices everyday on the way to my office.

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/25/09 11:33

Wow. Do you work in Toronto? I'll hopefully remember to pm you when we get there.

Jibb

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/26/09 05:08

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Dad's going to be Vice President of Operations for Yum! (exclamation mark included in the company name). They own Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell.

Nice! If anyone needs funding for their game, now they know who to go to! wink
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/31/09 03:37

I live in Canada.. About 2hr from toronto (London).. Prepare for lots of sucky drivers during the winter, they seem to forget how to drive every 6 months.

Re: Moving to Canada - 08/31/09 03:55

Groovy, I thought there were more Canadians here. On the topic of sucky drivers: I hope it doesn't take too long for me to get comfortable with driving on the wrong side of the road, in the wrong side of the car!

@PigHunter: grin Funny! But Dad earned his way up from nothing, and wants my bros and I to do the same laugh I don't even get funding!

Btw: Welcome back to the forums, VPrime!

Jibb
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Moving to Canada - 09/01/09 00:40

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
I hope it doesn't take too long for me to get comfortable with driving on the wrong side of the road, in the wrong side of the car!

Btw: Welcome back to the forums, VPrime!

Jibb

You can always buy a Right Hand Drive imported car, they are fairly cheap(but must be 15yr old)....though you would still be on the opposite side of the road, which may just confuse you even more! wink

And thanks for the welcome back.

Re: Moving to Canada - 09/01/09 01:01

@JulzMighty - I only had two issues switching from left hand drive to right hand drive when I was touring New Zealand: backing onto a roadway from a driveway (I'd back into the wrong lane), and hitting the correct switch when I wanted to put on the turn signals (I'd put on the windshield wipers instead of the signals).

Re: Moving to Canada - 09/01/09 03:50

Ah, well my mate used to have a VW Golf, which has the windscreen wipers and indicators on opposite sides from most Australian cars, so I had the same problem laugh

It probably won't be too bad since all the traffic will be on the appropriate side of the road, so it shouldn't be too hard to remember.

Jibb
© 2024 lite-C Forums