What's your #1 favorite MMO

Posted By: penut

What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 03:48

What is your favorite MMO and why? What about it pulled you in and took 9 months out of your life? laugh (It's happened to lot of us so don't feel weird when answering this)
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 03:53

Lineage II and now it's AION just because of their style i guess.
Posted By: Walori

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 04:40

Does diablo 2 count? It's just so simply entertaining (and mouse consuming, have broken two whilst playing it). The graphics and the story are what they are but you can't compare them to situation where there are hordes of enemies around you and you pew pew with your smite and den.. the diablo comes and you're like bring it on!

.. sorry lost it for a second
Posted By: Quad

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 06:20

Played KnightOnline for abour 2 years, there is nothing good about game right now but it was good back then. PvP combat was absolutely great in this game. It's kinda dead now because you have that über-booster packs with cheap prices, then 12yr old kids can go to higher levels and screw the community and game ethics up.

When i was playing there are paid packs, but they were not making the game too unfair. Game had 2 races. There was a good community playing the game, weekly Race Wars, castle siege wars and a warzone where pvp is always open.
Plus the game is aged now...

I am sort of into Aion now, but dont want to play it too much and get addicted.
Posted By: Crazykins

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 07:17

Well I played WoW, LOTR online, Warhammer, Aion, Ryzom, and some others that I can't even remember. All of them got boring after about 2 weeks. Though in WoW I had 2 level 80's. At that point I decided to make video games instead of wasting my life trying to play massive intensive games. So all of my games will be entertaining and simple.
Posted By: VPrime

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 08:43

I am not into MMOs, only one I really played was City of Villans but I only played for the trial. It was quite good though, almost had me paying for a subsription, but then I got bored of it by the end of the 30 days or what ever it was.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 11:45

ROSE Online.
Thank God it looks so crappy I have no urge anymore to play it 7 days a week. (Lately, more like none).

I've also long been playing Star Sonata. Quite fun.
Posted By: FBL

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 19:55

My first online game was Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. It was really great and it had the feeling like a new type of console games just arised. The online age of consoles just about started when PSO was released.

Latr I spent two years in Dark Age of Camelot. The realm battles are unforgotten and I don't think there's another online MMOG coming even close to that.
The setting was great. Later unfortunately they decided to go the WoW way and added nonfitting weird fantasy crap which did not fit to the original concept.

Posted By: zeusk

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 20:01

Combat arms and mabimogi. both of these games are super addictive and took at least 6 months out of my life.The good thing is that they are free and you can literally download and play combat arms at the website .
Posted By: Espér

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/20/09 20:15

1.) WoW
2.) AION
3.) Fly for Fun
4.) Florensia
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/25/09 04:57

Anarchy Online
Posted By: Inestical

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/25/09 07:54

Fiesta
FlyFF
KAL Online
Posted By: AlexDeloy

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/25/09 08:21

WoW was fun in the beginning, although I spent too much time with it. (And convincing your gf to start a char was NOT a good idea afterwards)
I also played LotRO for a while, Monsterplay-PvP was quite good.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/25/09 11:04

Also to Schwarz: AO is probably the best MMO I have played, but the new updates and expansions kind of ruined it

Nowdays I play (when I have time) Fiesta. It's simple korean-style MMO, though still very immerse.
Posted By: Doof_Guy

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 00:40

1. Guild Wars (can't wait for the second =S)
2. WoW (stopped after like 5 monthes)
3. AO - just started playing this today after looking at the previous posts grin
4. Dungeon Runners was pretty cool, but got old after a while, and i think NCsoft shut it down now (?)

DG

PS if anyone wants to play some AO with a noob my characters name is Doofman <.< >.>
Posted By: Joozey

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 00:57

I forgot to mention Trackmania Nations. I still play it occasionally. Perfect for a short break.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 01:40

1> Ultima On-line (abandoned) pro's - no 'set' classes, con's - got too 'old' technology-wise
2> Guild-Wars (semi-abandoned) pro's - everything, especially "salvaging" system, con's - ALL expansions required purchasing.
3> World Of Warcraft (abandoned) pro's - auction houses, con's - gets boring easy, no real CHARACTER storyline.

I no longer really MMO much, I play Evony (but that dont count as a real MMO IMHO).
I now design, and am SLOWLY working on a MMO that takes inspiration from all three of
these games, plus freshly created content.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 04:23

Battleforge laugh Great multiplayer, fast and strategic strategy, many possibilities for different decks.

Jibb
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 05:00

Originally Posted By: Doof_Guy

3. AO - just started playing this today after looking at the previous posts grin

PS if anyone wants to play some AO with a noob my characters name is Doofman <.< >.>

if by chance you are playing on the german server, /tell Brostalinoxa

if you are playing on Atlantean, stay neutral (dont join omni tek or clan) theres a nice org there with awesome people called "Shadow atlanteans", just ask around
Posted By: Doof_Guy

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 14:49

Im on Atlantean, but i already choose omni, since everyone said they had better stuff >.< .

DG
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 21:07

Nowadays I totally hate MMOs, but I used to play a few years ago.

Guild Wars has probably been my favorite and actually one of the few MMOs I have played for longer than 2 (intense) weeks, but I have also played EverQuest 2, Lineage II and even what I think is the worst game ever... World of Warcraft.

I'm glad I didn't waste any money on World of Warcraft.

I now sometimes play Air Rivals, but I am not an MMO kind of online player. I want short bursts of intense online play, not long dreaded and very boring grinding.

Its one of many reasons why I prefer to play Day of Defeat: Source and Unreal Tournament III instead.

Also, many of the fantasy MMOs are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING. It might seem to be structured a little bit differently at first, but basically everyone is copying the Everquest formula.

Another reason why I liked Guild Wars a lot, is also simply because it's free to play. Perhaps I'm just being Dutch about it, but really World of Warcraft is NOT worth paying each month for and from a gameplay perspective this is true for many of the current MMOs.

Some tried interesting things, like SW: Galaxies, but most just fail at being good games to begin with.
Posted By: Doug

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 10/27/09 21:21

City of Heroes.
Posted By: penut

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 11/01/09 21:21

I played RuneScape for a while till I found WoW...then it all went down hill...lol
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: What's your #1 favorite MMO - 11/01/09 23:58

I have tried a few MMO games, they mostly turned me off
by their freak interfaces, or boring gameworld.
So WoW was the only game that got me playing for a longer time.
(apart from Browsergames, wich are different in their approach)

Runescape was also too boring, (the version I tested a
free years ago).
© 2024 lite-C Forums