MoCap equipment

Posted By: croman

MoCap equipment - 11/24/09 13:13

Hey,

Does anyone of you knows some companies, websites offering MoCap equipment? And if someone knows some cheap ones. I've searched the web for MoCap but on some sites prices werent listed and on other sites prices were little to high.

Thanks
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: MoCap equipment - 11/24/09 15:18

I dont know of any cheap mocap equipment, but I know a lot of indies will get two vid cameras and manually manipulate the bones. not sure if you had thought of that yet.
Posted By: Toast

Re: MoCap equipment - 11/24/09 15:25

I once made a topic here about a software that analyzed videos recorded by iirc 2-4 cameras / webcams and translates that into bone movements. It was combined with some physics engine and so the results were pretty good. I don't know it's name anymore - you should be able to find a thread about it here though. It had different costs in terms of how many cameras your capture should have and they did sound reasonable (something around 200$ for the 2-Cam-method afaik)...

Real MoCap equipment with like IR cameras and tracking balls etc. never was cheap...

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: Helghast

Re: MoCap equipment - 11/24/09 16:21

http://www.xsens.com/en/general/mvn

I have once used that before, this should definatly work for all your needs...
However, im not sure on the price of this.

regards,
Posted By: croman

Re: MoCap equipment - 11/24/09 16:35

Originally Posted By: lostclimate
I dont know of any cheap mocap equipment, but I know a lot of indies will get two vid cameras and manually manipulate the bones. not sure if you had thought of that yet.

Yea, i did try this, and i got tired of it. It takes me too much time and nerves.

Quote:

http://www.xsens.com/en/general/mvn

I have once used that before, this should definatly work for all your needs...
However, im not sure on the price of this.

regards,

Yes, i've seen this. It looks very, very good but the price as you said yourself is the problem. I sent them an email cause i didnt see the price for that suite and they responded that the price is around 40k EURO buahh. Maybe in few years with some luck i open a MoCap studio laugh but till then...

I was told that there could be some MoCaps for around $1k but i just cant find it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums