Desktop, or a Laptop

Posted By: Cowabanga

Desktop, or a Laptop - 12/30/09 11:51

Hey everyone,

Well, I got a little contract with Sadaf (Saudi Petrochemical Company) to make a 3D show for them and they'll give me any PC with any specs I choose. (Amazing, isn't it grin )

But, should I choose a laptop or a desktop?
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Desktop, or a Laptop - 12/30/09 12:16

i personally dont like laptops so id go for a desktop. you can put in the top stuff and be done with it for years...
Posted By: SchokoKeks

Re: Desktop, or a Laptop - 12/30/09 12:21

gamer laptop tend to be large and overheat quickly, and you can hardly repair them, like when you drop liquids on the keyboard. they are less ergonomic because you always have to look down on the screen and their keyboards CAN be bad and theres nothing you could do about it.

I'd also go for a desktop computer with a nice big screen.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Desktop, or a Laptop - 12/30/09 13:14

Originally Posted By: sPlKe
i personally dont like laptops so id go for a desktop. you can put in the top stuff and be done with it for years...
Actually, laptops aren't that bad. But you're right about the stability point.

Originally Posted By: SchokoKeks
gamer laptop tend to be large and overheat quickly, and you can hardly repair them, like when you drop liquids on the keyboard. they are less ergonomic because you always have to look down on the screen and their keyboards CAN be bad and theres nothing you could do about it.
Oh yeaaaah... Thanks for reminding me, that's why I didn't used my first laptop (Intel Centrino and 512 MB RAM) long time ago grin

Okay, so I'll go for the desktop.
© 2024 lite-C Forums