Global Game Jam Anyone?

Posted By: Puppeteer

Global Game Jam Anyone? - 01/28/10 15:07

I just saw this:
Global Game Jam
and wondered if anyone participates.
I might join in bremen if i can confess some of my friends to join too laugh

Quote:
The Global Game Jam (GGJ) was founded in 2008 as an IGDA event to broaden the outreach of the organization while giving the world an opportunity to create games in the world’s largest Game Jam to date. The 1st Annual Global Game Jam was held January 30-Feburary 1, 2009 to much critical acclaim and success. With over 1600 participants in 23 countries, the GGJ produced 370 games.

Anyone else?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Global Game Jam Anyone? - 01/28/10 16:48

I was going to join, there were alot of applicants here but not enough space so they had to choose from who signed up. I was actually chosen but i was late to reply to their message so they chose someone else. Not so bad tho ill write a MED tutorial instead and i'll still go and see what games they come up with at the end.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Global Game Jam Anyone? - 01/28/10 16:49

Quote:
confess

i think the word your looking for is "convince".

I wish I could just go to any conference, and some point, i just nee money frown....
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Global Game Jam Anyone? - 01/28/10 18:39

I was gonna join,k but too busy with work here tongue
I joined last year though laugh and i know some other people here on this forum did too! (Taco Cohen actually won first prize, with a 3dgs made game grin I was a bit proud as well wink ).
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Global Game Jam Anyone? - 01/28/10 22:15

I'm a little daunted at the idea of that amount of hard work wink I will however be checking up on a classmate of mine who is taking part. Who knows maybe next year I'll find the energy tongue

cartoon_baboon
© 2024 lite-C Forums