MMORPG Recruiting

Posted By: smasherprog

MMORPG Recruiting - 06/09/10 05:44

Project name: Destination

Brief description:
Destination is going to be a 3d MMORPG. The game will be a sandbox game similar to UO, but incorporate raiding, and other long term goals that players can accomplish. The game will be targeted towards a more mature demographic that appreciate beautiful --and realistic-- graphics, the social aspect of gaming (no instances), and a game that is challenging. Currently, I have a working Login server, Game server, Patching program, and a client.

Target aim:
I have been working on this project for about a year now, and I am at the point where I feel comfortable involving other people. Having said that, I plan on releasing the game digitally and charging a monthly fee --no item shops here. My aim is to complete the project in around two years; however, I will not release anything until I am happy with it. I refuse to be like so many other MMORPG's that are hungry for money, so they release a game that is not finished --not here.

Compensation:

I cannot offer immediate compensation; however, the compensation I can offer is percentages of initial revenue and/or owning a percentage of the company.

Technology:
I am flexible with a persons knowledge base. But, if you are applying for a programming position with no c++ experience, don't. I am writing my own engine and the only libraries used are Direct x and Intel threading building blocks.

knowledge of the following concepts/models/Libraries:
-c/++
-Data structures and Algorithm analysis.
-Use of Microsoft Visual Studio as a compiler.

Non requirements, but defiantly a plus:
-DirectX 10
-Network programming for TCP/UDP
-A basic understanding of assembly language
-Data Encryption
-Programming computer clusters
-Intel Threading Building blocks for programming multi-core processors.

Talent needed:

(2) Programmers
(2) 3d modelers
(2) concept artists

Team structure:
Lead Programmer -- Scott(smasherprog)
Programmer -- Jim
Modeler -- Carlos (creative3d)

www.nolimitsdesigns.com

Contacts:
msn instant messenger: smasherprog@gmail.com
e-mail: smasherprog@gmail.com

Here are a couple of pictures!

<br>
<br>

Posted By: Redeemer

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/09/10 14:52

This thread belongs in the Jobs Offered forum. But anyway...

You've made some good progress so far, especially considering the fact that you're writing your own game engine. I'm glad you're not just a 12 year old who wants to make his own World of Warcraft clone. We get a lot of that stuff around here.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/09/10 15:17

No, I think it belongs here, since he's not developing with GS.

Good luck.

Jibb
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/09/10 15:18

"No, I think it belongs here, since he's not developing with GS."

Rigth... ive moved this thread because of this

cYa Sebastian
Posted By: Joquan

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/10/10 02:06

Sounds cool, good luck! Too bad I am not quite skilled enough to make a MMO. I am, however, managing the creation of one. (Didn't really want to release that, but I am sure no one here cares)
Posted By: roflmaster

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/10/10 05:15

That looks very good!
Posted By: Joey

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/10/10 05:58

who is going to pay the servers?
Posted By: Hummel

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/10/10 15:48

they could finance the servers with advertising...
Do you plan to dev a prototype first?

off-top:
@Joey: mach ma in deinem postfach platz^^

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/10/10 20:34

ot: @hummel: hab was frei gemacht. warum war bei quota 217 / 100 gestanden?
Posted By: PietroNifosi

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/11/10 01:09

1 stable house, 3 trees and 1 untextured terrain.
You wanna create an MMORPG.

Uhm.

GOOD LUCK ;D

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/11/10 18:32

The only reason he has such little game content right now is because he's been writing his own game engine. That is a very, very hard thing to do. So, don't be hard on him just because he hasn't managed to write a game engine and make a triple A game in just one year. Remember, his team is composed of just about 4 people.

To be frank, I'd like to see you do better.
Posted By: Joquan

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/11/10 22:07

Well said Redeemer. I hope that he makes it, and if he needs some help, I probably could make some 3D models or something. laugh
Posted By: smasherprog

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/12/10 07:43

You know, I lost track of where my post was. I figured it was still in the jobs offered section. Then, I find in here with a bunch of posts.

Thank you to those who posted positive comments. And, no comment to the others, if they have anything intelligent to say, I will respond.

In 8 months, I wrote about 25,000 lines of code. I write very compressed code, too! I have seen lots of code that is very fluffy --I hate it.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, send an e-mail and I will talk in detail. This project will continue and those who join will be happy they did.

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/12/10 11:54

Would you give us a feature list of these 25000 lines of code? I'd just like to know what "compressed" is wink - for you.
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/24/10 20:50

I just talked to the guy a little bit ago. He's the real deal. I hope I can work with him. And check his site, there's video footage of his engine running. Looks impressive so far, especially for a project only a year old.

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/24/10 21:32

See, there you go. Before you judge someone's project, you should at least take a look at the work they've done. If they're work is unimpressive and/or flawed, then you can criticize them.
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: MMORPG Recruiting - 06/24/10 22:10

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
If they're work is unimpressive and/or flawed, then you can criticize them constructively.

Fixed grin

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

EDIT: I have officially joined this guy's team. He's a great dude to work with.
© 2024 lite-C Forums