Lego Pc Case Mod

Posted By: bredebrothers

Lego Pc Case Mod - 09/28/10 08:44

Hi Leute, wir haben ein wenig die Semesterferien genutzt und einen alten PC in einen Party PC verwandelt. Zum Einsatz kam Lego, welches wir noch in Massen aus unseren Kindertagen zur Verfügung hatten.

Hey folks, we recently finished a computer which should be used as a party-pc. Its made of "Lego-Bricks" cause we still had a lot of them from our childhood.

Lego Case Mod
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Lego Pc Case Mod - 09/28/10 09:29

Looks cool, but how does that work with the airflow? doesnt the whole thing overheat after a nice weekend of LAN-gaming?
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Lego Pc Case Mod - 09/28/10 09:52

Cool, nice mod.

How about the warranty for the PC. Does it still apply?
Posted By: SchokoKeks

Re: Lego Pc Case Mod - 09/28/10 10:32

Looks pretty cool in all black!
I've done the same when I was younger, but i didn't have enough bricks of a single color, so the computer turned out to be very colorful ^^. I used it on a LAN-Party and there were no heat problems at all wink
Posted By: bredebrothers

Re: Lego Pc Case Mod - 09/28/10 10:57

"Looks cool, but how does that work with the airflow? doesnt the whole thing overheat after a nice weekend of LAN-gaming?"

No, we don't think so. In it there are 2 fans (1 1200mm and 1 80 mm) and an airchannel for a good airflow (built out of lego).
But the hardware is pretty old (2800 MHz Sempron) so it is only used for playing music and such stuff.

As for the warranty : It is out of warranty (8 years old) but we are pretty sure that if it was a new one it would still apply because each part had a single warranty (we did not buy a system, we rather bought the single components and put them together wink )

"but i didn't have enough bricks of a single color"

Yeah we had the problem with the colour too.
First we started to build everything out of black bricks but then we ran out of them.
We looked for prices at the internet and they were pretty high for sorted bricks. So we just kept building and airbrushed it afterwards.

The only original color on this pc is the red line going round.

Thanks for your replies laugh

Posted By: ello

Re: Lego Pc Case Mod - 09/28/10 11:54

hey, nice idea. but, i'd go for a more colorful solution laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums