iAtoms (2/HD/SE/V2/Whatever) beta testers wanted!

Posted By: Slin

iAtoms (2/HD/SE/V2/Whatever) beta testers wanted! - 02/19/11 15:36

Sid started rewriting iAtoms a few days ago for I donīt know, the 5th time or something and it is currently progressing very well. What I consider pretty awesome is especially that he still uses some snippets of the code I wrote for the first version. Well, I just added some kind of stupid, but at least working, and not THAT easy to beat AI (which is still WIP) so that one could call it playable now. And because of that and the reason that we are also going to need some players to test the multiplayer later on, we are now looking for beta testers!

This means:
Everyone owning and iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad and willing to give iAtoms a try and giving feedback if anything behaves strange is welcomed to register and setup their device(s) here.

Thank you very much laugh

Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: iAtoms (2/HD/SE/V2/Whatever) beta testers wanted! - 02/19/11 21:56

Well, looks like slin was too lazy to put some actual screenshots into the topic (shame on you!)

Re: iAtoms (2/HD/SE/V2/Whatever) beta testers wanted! - 02/19/11 22:08

And the same match on an iPad (Nils AI might be hard to beat, but as there is no randomness, the ends always end the same if one lets the AI play against itself):

Posted By: Superku

Re: iAtoms (2/HD/SE/V2/Whatever) beta testers wanted! - 02/20/11 01:40

Neat, but what's different in the 5th version, the support for iPad and iPod Touch?
Please change the iAtoms logo in the first pic, it would be reason for me to skip the game instantly while browsing through the app store, sorry.
Small, decent, soft lines without default layer effects and noise would look much better IMO. (Even though the colors represent the game's parties, you could try a brighter look of all circles.)

Re: iAtoms (2/HD/SE/V2/Whatever) beta testers wanted! - 02/24/11 19:58

The difference is that this is the first version that has the exact same feature set from the App Store version. This means that multiplayer, singleplayer (against bots and other players) is working.
Plus a bit new stuff, but there is a bunch of features that haven't made it into the test builds yet.

Here is a list of features:
* Singleplayer against bots and other players
* Multiplayer
* Server browser
* Automatic port forwarding via UPnP and NAT-PMP
* Game Center support
* Open Feint support

About the UI: We know that it is currently very ugly, we are working on it but with a low priority.
© 2024 lite-C Forums