You Know What We Need Around Here?

Posted By: RealSerious3D

You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 02:23

You know what we need around here? Some more TUSC!
Posted By: HeelX

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 12:01

I didnt even knew that there was some Tusc in here already ;-) I want more Jcl action , though. Waddaya think 'bout that? :-P
Posted By: Zapan@work

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 12:50

more jcl for everyone would be nice!
Posted By: Joozey

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 13:15

Drag objects from various extensions (lbgui, litefoundation) around, link them through realization, aggregation, ..., press the generate-lite-c button, and voila! tongue

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 14:31

Well, a thread on TUSC tells us who the "old school" 3D GameStudio people are, that's for sure. wink
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 14:34

What is this I don't even
Posted By: Quad

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 14:48

I have hardware version of TUSC. It's internally very complicated prototype technology but from outside it looks like a big red button with "Generate AAA quality game!" written on it.

It can work from USB, with iphone,with FIAT cars with windows,with all major consoles of last 25 years and standalone.

While working from USB, it automatically generates your game, you can see WED,MED and SED windows automatically popping up and closing. And then it publishes and runs your game.

In standalone mode it creates your game, it instantly ejects a DVD that is ready to copy and mass produce. You do not even need to insert empty DVDs before doing that.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 14:52

Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
I have hardware version of TUSC. It's internally very complicated prototype technology but from outside it looks like a big red button with "Generate AAA quality game!" written on it.

It can work from USB, with iphone,with FIAT cars with windows,with all major consoles of last 25 years and standalone.

While working from USB, it automatically generates your game, you can see WED,MED and SED windows automatically popping up and closing. And then it publishes and runs your game.

In standalone mode it creates your game, it instantly ejects a DVD that is ready to copy and mass produce. You do not even need to insert empty DVDs before doing that.

I booked the next flight to Ankara.

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 14:58

If this is what TUSC is, I already made a better thing than TUSC. It created (back in 2008) better games than Crysis because it was like Crysis but with bunnies.
Now top this with your stupid USB dongle thing!

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 15:04

This is just in:
Developer company must have seen your message Sid, they have sent me - also a prototype techonlogy, sending physical items instantly, not be confused with teleporting. They have sent me an extension device for the TUSC device, that is a relatively smaller green button with "Add Bunnies" written on it. I am guessing it communicates over some kind of wireless connection with the main device. You can even add bunnies to previously printed DVDs.

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 16:13

What kind of bunnies? White ones?

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/24/11 18:38

TUSC is a 3D GameStudio legend ... one that I am sad to see has disappeared a bit. I wish the mods had never removed that old TUSC thread. It was a lot of fun.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 08:14

I just gave a look at the archives (the deleted thread graveyard) and alas it doesn't exist there. Not surprising though as the oldest ones are from '03.

Quardaxas and Sid: We have this red button here, that we press now and then. I think it posts games to the App store or something. I THINK, but not sure, that it's a completed mobile-version of TUSC-button you talk about. It works over Wi-Fi, but can be plugged by USB.

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 08:51

@Sid: Just checked, it inserts these bunnies:

But, appearently if you yell at the button it can insert all sorts of bunnies.

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 12:01

Oh well, looks like your TUSC plugin button is way cooler than my own creation frown
Posted By: Helghast

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 12:12

TUSC, now that was some ambitious project grin
Posted By: mk_1

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 12:45

and pure vaporware
I was around when the thread opened, it was fun to read. But I must say that there're a lot of mentionable threads that are still alive. Maybe start a search for my.pan = you.pan + random(360);
Posted By: Joey

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 14:18

lol. What with the occasional Raster Nubel? Or that guy who made a MMORPG server in V8? grin
Posted By: fogman

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 14:45

"And then it publishes and runs your game."

Meh - Version 1.02 plays it for you as well, but youŽll need to be a betatester.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 15:07

Quote:
Or that guy who made a MMORPG server in V8?

I missed that news, care to explain? MMORPG with usbwebserver?

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 15:50

Originally Posted By: Joozey

It was about a guy claiming he had written a MMORPG server using Javascript and V8 as Javascript engine (I guess that, if he wasn't rolling, he just used node.js).
He also claimed to write better assembler then compilers...
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 17:09

MMORPG with usbwebserver?

haven't you heard? HDMI is the new USB
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 17:39

Originally Posted By: JustSid

It was about a guy claiming he had written a MMORPG server using Javascript and V8 as Javascript engine (I guess that, if he wasn't rolling, he just used node.js).
He also claimed to write better assembler then compilers...

Ha ha ha. I remember that guy. I wonder how far he got to writing his MMO in assembler. tongue

In all honesty though, I really wonder what kind of person you have to be to say such obviously bogus things like that. grin

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 18:21

13 year old just-into-puberty kind of person.
Posted By: old_bill

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 20:00

What about the "3dfx Voodoo2 that got sold for 200 bucks" story? grin

But TUSC is unbeaten so far, even if some of the others came close to it...

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 20:03

Screencap or it didn't happen
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 21:12

Originally Posted By: old_bill

that was a Riva TNT 2 for 200 DM grin I remember very clearly because I used to tease him about it... A lot.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 22:22

And it was fake written by Dima (aka Dimitri Dovgan)
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/25/11 23:01

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

that was a Riva TNT 2 for 200 DM grin I remember very clearly because I used to tease him about it... A lot.

Muaha i remember that pretty good too, because i just got rid on my TNT2 at this time (no, no to him :P).

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 08:14

200 DM... Germany switched to Euro in 1999, and tnt2 was released on 99, so that means it was more than 11 years ago...
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 09:32

Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
200 DM... Germany switched to Euro in 1999, and tnt2 was released on 99, so that means it was more than 11 years ago...

No. The Euro as "real" currency was introduced in September 2001. Starting on Dezember 17th 2001 you could get a "starter-kit" of euros in a bank.
During the year 2002 (at least at the beginning) it was common that you could pay either in Euros or DM.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 10:50

I remember that starter kits. I saved money for about three months and robbed my piggy bank back then to get one of them. The new money was so beatiful and shiny, I loved it. But I had problems for about one or two years to pay with it. laugh

Posted By: ventilator

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 11:17

the sad thing is that TUSC-like projects (create games without writing a single line of code) exist for other engines like the blender game engine or unity. only gamestudio is kind of stagnant when it comes to innovation. well, actually it's stagnant in every way, not only innovation. laugh

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 11:24

don't take visual scripting as no-programming. You still need the one absolute essence of programming: creating algoritms. Think of it as a different language with a different syntax. TUSC was as far as i know, something beyond visual scripting.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 14:34

TUSC was nothing but a callow idea. laugh but if you want a flexible system where people who are scared by written code can create games then you will end up with some visual scripting system like blender or this unity add-on uses (forgot its name). i also think that a system like this would be a much better solution than gamestudio's templates.
Posted By: Joey

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 18:48

guys, come on, that raster nubel guy blew my mind! search for his stuff. i stand before a cliff...

edit: there once was another dumb*** like him. i can't remember his name, though...

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 05/26/11 19:05

The problem with TUSC was not so much the goal at the time, but the promises made by its "creator." He kept talking like it was soon to be released in one form or fashion. He had several people on the forum panting after TUSC's release ... whether in alpha or beta form. It was not like people instantly saw that TUSC was a joke ... some delusional dream of its creator. No, there were people anxiously awaiting its release and checking for news and updates. Then, after it became very apparent that TUSC was complete vaporware, the thread got very interesting and TUSC grew to become a legend, spawning stories, artwork and more. The fact that TUSC finds its way into some threads after all these years is a testament to the legend that is TUSC. wink
Posted By: Dima

Re: You Know What We Need Around Here? - 06/12/11 11:56

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Is there someone still interested in buying my TNT2 card? grin Will make a good offer!
© 2024 lite-C Forums