Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game?

Posted By: the_clown

Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 14:58

Guess most of you have seen this already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

Besides the (of course gorgeous) graphics, there's a possibility they're making a game out of it - I think that would be just hilariously cool. grin
Something different than the typical Badass Space Marine Blasting Some Heads Off stuff they have been doing the last, how many, ten years or so. Imagine a cyberpunk-rpg shooter à la Deus Ex with these graphics. tongue
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 15:07

Just watch the E3 video of Prey2, it looks very similar to Samaritan, especially the end. So Bethesda already makes a game like this.
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 15:17

I´ve read the technology paper two weeks ago, but didnt watch the demo until now. Great work, indeed.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 15:19

I watched the Prey 2 vid already (am looking forward to it) - I see the similarities you mean, but still I think it isn't really similar all in all.
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 17:07

... Holy crap, that looks amazing o_o
Posted By: Joey

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 17:16

is the prey2 vid ingame footage? if so, we're really beginning to play movies.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 21:39

If you wanna make a new type of game, make one where the overly-cool-hero helps up the old lady instead of overly-cool-lightening-his-next-cigar.

Seriously. Am I the only one who who worries about the old lady?!
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/22/11 21:56

I don't see any new type of gameplay here, even in the trailer the old woman is nothing, but a lame "initial reason" for the old ever repeating "techno muscles will save the world".
Posted By: Myrkling

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/23/11 00:11

Technically, this is really good.

But I also have to agree that all this "coolness" is rather annoying and cheap. Like a trashy movie that is not bad enough to be good.

However, I'm not so sure about whether this video is meant serious at all. A smoking badass cyborg hero saves an old woman from brutal dark-skinned policemen and then just forgets about her? This is either black humour or really superficial.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/23/11 03:08

wow, the line between cg movies and videogames ... its starting to really disapper. it will be interesting when 3d starts going back processors and voxels start to be more viable. imagine the animation detail that could be made with voxels....
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Samaritan Tech Demo -> Wouldn't it be a great game? - 06/23/11 08:06

Yes, to call that Samaritan is just some kind of exaggeration, some joke, irony. Actually he is a super forced bad guy who does not like the brutal police men, the women is just to show that police is even worse than this bad guy. It just illustrates this evil version of a possible future.

Anyway, it looks nice, similar to the Prey 2 trailer, while the latter is probably CG and Samaritan is realtime.

I am looking forward to real DX11 PC titles, but probably we will not see much. Crysis 2 as an example did not get a good budget for th PC port from EA. So they made a cheap DX9 version. Next week will be the release of a DX 11 update and a highres texture update, but this is told to be payed by NVidia. The graphic cards companies are currently the only ones interested in technically advanced games on a PC.
© 2024 lite-C Forums