Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Posted By: painkiller

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/26/11 21:21

Has anyone seen the gameplay vids? It looks like the same game as Counter-Strike: Source with new models
Posted By: Quad

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/26/11 22:04

pretty much. more alive environments more prop models, better player models. Main new thing is other improvements, like ladders, tournaments, stat tracking, matchmaking, achievements.

Pretty much like, dota2 is exactly same as dota with new graphics and engine improvements(reconnect, stat tracking, matchmaking, ingame voice chat,ingame video recording)
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/27/11 06:02

... and more cross-platform gaming (PS3 and XB360) while PS users can even use mouse and keyboard.
Posted By: 3run

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/27/11 08:22

Looking good:
Counter-Strike - Global Offensive [Counter Terrorists]
Counter-Strike - Global Offensive [Terrorists]
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/27/11 08:48

I hate how everything looks softer and more "round", chubby-like. What I loved about counter strike was the feedback you got from firing your weapons - this seems to have been lost, judging by the "meh" animations etc. But we'll see when the beta comes out! laugh
Posted By: Toast

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/27/11 22:29

Graphics are ok I guess. The original CS wasn't as colorful as CS:Source and so I think the rather bland impression of the game is like returning to the original stlye. The game itself on the other hand won't have that much of the original though. Sure it's still Counter Strike but even the devs already admitted that no one should expect an updated version of the old Counter Strike games. It's "just" another console game you also can play on the PC (and which will probably be only around 20$). Especially the weapon / damage behavior will be "consolified" so it's no longer about the classic Counter Strike gameplay where 1-2 precise shots would kill you...

It's sort of sad but I guess the consoles didn't really have a good Counter Strike and the devs had the courage to right out tell people that this won't be a serious successor to CS:Source...

That's why I'm also not too excited about the shown videos. What I like is the molotov coctail idea though - that's a good addition...
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 08/28/11 19:19

I've played the original counter-strike plenty of times before, so I have some experience with the series. Nevertheless I'm not a fan, so this isn't really big news to me. I will say though that if they want to maximize profits they ought to just create a system for CS:S like Team Fortress 2. Just put in lots of achievements and leaderboards, host a lot of tournaments, and add an in-game shop where you can purchase new weapons, equipment, and accessories with real money.
© 2024 lite-C Forums