RIP Steve Jobs

Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 00:25

www.apple.com/stevejobs/

Huge loss..
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 00:30

A huge loss indeed. He greatly influenced the popculture that we live in, so I feel nothing but huge respect for him! Although it was said that, as a person, he was a huge douche bag. Anyway, a great mind and I'm really interested in the future of Apple now.

PS: If you want to earn money, buy as much apple stocks as you can tomorrow. They will be on an all time low.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 05:26

As somebody who has NEVER owned ANYTHING by Apple, i dont see the fuzz.
YES he was a smart fellow and YES he did revolutionize some tech, that is true.
and YES, he had some of the most awesome quote material ever. Still, some people, especially on Google+ talk like its the end of the world. tell ya what, it is not.
still will NEVER buy anything by apple...
Posted By: Quad

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 06:15

Maybe not world. It's pretty much the end of the where ever they were going for Apple.
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 06:27

What would all those Apple haters do if there was no Steve Jobs? You owe him great.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 06:32

A great man but some kind of "stupid": He was a very, very rich man but worked to death. I think he could relax and preserve his life more early - to life a little longer.

btw:
"PS: If you want to earn money, buy as much apple stocks as you can tomorrow. They will be on an all time low."

ore vice versa... (Tim Cook isn't tghat smart - the market know that and Apple can fall)
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 09:02

All us Apple haters will have to go back to being Microsoft haters now... frown

I hated his products, but I gotta tip my hat to his business accumen.

RIP
Posted By: painkiller

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 09:34

RIP
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 10:13

Originally Posted By: mercuryus
A great man but some kind of "stupid": He was a very, very rich man but worked to death. I think he could relax and preserve his life more early - to life a little longer.

Yeah sure, because, taking a week off of work and then sitting in the bed heals cancer perfectly. Its fairly normal for people to still go to work when they have cancer, at least until it gets too worse. It doesn't really matter for the health.

Originally Posted By: mercuryus
"PS: If you want to earn money, buy as much apple stocks as you can tomorrow. They will be on an all time low."

ore vice versa... (Tim Cook isn't tghat smart - the market know that and Apple can fall)

He is. He was over the last 3/4 year the CEO of Apple (yes, 2/4 of it was he labeled as COO, but he kicked butt at Apple). And he did it also when Steve was sick for the first time in 2004. He was also the one who made Apple to produce its products in China, which had a great effect on how many products they could ship and for how much they could produce (if you have ethical problems with this, don't buy anything anymore).
No doubt, Apple will change. Maybe not now, maybe not in a year, but slowly it will change. And I wonder about the direction.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 10:52

Indeed he was kind of an icon for many computer scientists and even if I avoid Apple as much as I can, I think he fulfilled his role as counterpart to Bill Gates and stopped him from taking control over the world wink
Posted By: Hummel

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 15:00

I just stumbled over his Stanford speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA&feature=player_embedded
Posted By: zeusk

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 15:29

Thanks steve jobs for showing us what you build can change the world. i will miss you
Posted By: 3run

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 19:22

He was one of the greatest people, which our planet had ever seen. Rip!
Posted By: ventilator

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/07/11 07:29

i wonder what happens with his billions now? the other super rich people like bill gates and warren buffet kind of promised to donate most of their wealth when they die.

edit:
oh, i came across this: http://www.orf.at/stories/2083112/
© 2024 lite-C Forums