recording

Posted By: Random

recording - 10/21/11 15:18

Just a little question.
Could somebody recommend me a recording program, so I am able record my games?

Please grin
Posted By: 3run

Re: recording - 10/21/11 15:25

fraps, best for me

Re: recording - 10/21/11 15:40

Ok, fraps.
I will search for it. wink

Re: recording - 10/21/11 15:41

Are there in fraps any spacial settings I`ll have to attend?

Re: recording - 10/21/11 15:45

It`s fine!
Thank you! grin
Posted By: Joozey

Re: recording - 10/21/11 16:34

camstudio
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: recording - 10/21/11 17:06

I like taksi. Its fast like fraps for dx, but free:) missing a few small features, but nothing that can't be worked around:) camstudio is nice too, but its a lil slow, more useful for windows based apps that taksi won't catch:)
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: recording - 11/18/11 14:30

I've never really figured out why, but CamStudio and FRAPS kill performance on my machine and tend to skip a lot of frames when recording.

Call me old school but ever since YouTube is able to convert videos from high definition quality to quite manageable formats and sizes, I tend to record my video game stuff with an HD camera.

Then go from there. No slow downs when recording.

If your video card sports a video out you could also just record everything the monitor puts out through that and then edit it to your likings in whatever video app you prefer. This requires a bunch of hardware in most cases though.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: recording - 11/18/11 15:37

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
I've never really figured out why, but CamStudio and FRAPS kill performance on my machine and tend to skip a lot of frames when recording.

The reason is kinda simple: Solving software problems with more software is usually a very bad idea. Especially if the software needs to fill a colorbuffer by grabbing the current one from the GPU, then doing movement in the RAM and then writing it out to the HDD. Thats probably every single performance bottleneck one can hit on a computer, and this is done every frame!
Posted By: mpde

Re: recording - 11/18/11 16:09

Gregion

download

mpde
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: recording - 11/18/11 17:40

Quote:
Thats probably every single performance bottleneck one can hit on a computer, and this is done every frame!

Consequentially, the only ways you can really "speed up" FRAPS are to use faster data buses, more efficient memory sticks, snappier hard drives, or some combination of the three. Defragging your hard drive and keeping the disk spinning also improves performance.
© 2024 lite-C Forums