Crysis 3 - What do you think?

Posted By: alibaba

Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/13/12 20:06

This canīt be from this world, look at the visual, i mean, i would buy this game only to see the gfx.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW_gyF69Xto
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/13/12 22:05

I played Crysis 1 and 2, and I don't like the series. Fuck graphics, if you got a nice gameplay that is fun, every graphic is okay!
Posted By: Superku

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/13/12 23:15

Quote:
i would buy this game only to see the gfx.

That's what I did with Crysis 2, I was impressed by the visuals and by the trailer, bought the game and paid the full price on Steam only to notice not even a few hours later that the game simply sucks. It is no fun to play, probably only built along a design scheme to fulfill the individual critique points such as graphics, audio, presentation and the like, it has no soul at all. 2/10 would not play.

Quote:
Fuck graphics, if you got a nice gameplay that is fun, every graphic is okay!

This!
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/14/12 05:22

Also you have to consider that they render their trailers with heavy amount of AA and anisotropic filtering at high frame rates which greatly contributes to the quality and feeling but eventually this quality can't be achieved for the actual in-game scenario.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/14/12 10:08

Quote:

+1
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/14/12 10:37

Quote:

signed grin

Best Example: DOOM 1 and Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA MegaDrive)
Both great games (and sonic has wonderful graphics!)
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/15/12 00:27

I've played part 1 and 2. Although I liked the first part, the second one feels more like a graphics showcase than a game. By looking at the trailer, I'm afraid the new game will be the same
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/15/12 10:04

Just watched the live stream interview of cryteks ceo cevat yerli and it seems like they are combining crysis 2 & 1.
I think this time they will succeed.

Btw happy birthday painkiller laugh

Posted By: Hummel

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/15/12 10:13

You mean succeed in making great graphics? No doubt.
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/15/12 14:52

Crysis has always been just a showcase for the engine. It's comparable to the latest Doom and Quake releases. Gameplay is rather mediocre. Nevertheless, the trailer shows nice stuff. I'm especially impressed by the secret toad tesselation. ;-)
Posted By: Toast

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/15/12 17:31

It's true that these games all are sort of showcases for the Cryengine. Still it could become a fun game - we have to see about that although I'm not too much into that kind of shooter so I probably won't like it...

The engine upgrades look great although I don't think we'll see anything like the frog in the game. I guess it eats quite some performance and the level of detail isn't suitable for being all around the scene. It already is sad enough that e.g. the textures of that tesselated roots that are shown are very low in resolution. It even nearly looks like they put the additional geometry detail in there to hide that... wink
Posted By: FlorianP

Re: Crysis 3 - What do you think? - 08/17/12 12:50

Usually i would agree - gameplay over graphics - but every once in a while i like to simply get amazed by gfx and atmosphere. Crysis did that job pretty well for me , although i must admit i very rarely play FPS.
I bought it just for the thrill and got more than what i had expected - the gameplay was actually quite nice and the story felt impressively real right from the start(but then again i rarely play modern shoter)

I will definitely buy Crysis 3 - it seems to combine exactly the things i liked about the previous parts...yeah and i love to explore the world and then research how they did the effects - not only gfx - the sound mixup of crysis 2 is definitely comparable to high class movies.
I remember being at my parents playing Crysis 2 (they got a THX Ultra 7.1 System hooked up to the TV) when the part came where this freeway collapses right in front of you...f***king amazing!
Might notve been the most sensual experience in gaming - like when you find out Sarevok is your brother(Baldurs Gate) - but still one of the best gaming moments i recall.
© 2024 lite-C Forums