who is online

Posted By: gri

who is online - 02/08/13 22:19

dear folks,

sometimes I have to wonder what this "who's online" link on the left side of the forum is showing.

20-30 registered users...some are "invisible" laugh

and always more than 200 guests and some spiders.

reducing the "zorro" ....aaaammm "users" grin I cant believe that 150 guys look in here each day, at any time and only one of them write an topic with a smell of the use of cracked A8 version or all beeing at university. grin

For me it sounds like an Fake.

I think many of us 3DGS useres wish more transparency in the company politics.

What is the mainfocus. zorro......acknex ?

Always when I see a new zorro update is availabe.....I think ohhhh.....nice.....and when we get the features promissed at the beta page?

What is the future for all of us....have we acknex useres to share a bad destiny?

If so, I want not be the last who is getting the call.

Maybe my post belong in the "rants" thread. But maybe we should do a vote in the "ask the developers" thread.

What does happens with acknex... what are the plans for the future.

Transparency.......are we allowed to get it ?
Posted By: fogman

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 00:06

I´ll slowly but surely convert to Unity, although I absolutely love lite-c.
But I need a multiplatform solution.

What do you want to hear from Conitec? They are working on the new WED and on the Android version. And after that, new features will follow. Jcl has said that multiple times already.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 01:24

I talked some days ago with Ichiro from Dejobaan. They went with Aaaa! for PC on Steam and it was quiet a hit and made a fortune for them. The port for the iPhone / iPad was done by a 3rd party for which did revenue share and it sold some numbers, but not as much as expected for a 2nd launch buzz. He reported as well that Android games, if somehow successful, are reported to sell roughly only ~20% of the same revenue from the iOS version, if the iOS game is successful.

I feel that the market is broading and diversifying, but generally speaking I think there will be at least two types of games:

- fat games for desktops and Android based consoles based on mouse/keyboard and/or gamepad input with a strong internet connection
- thin games for mobile devices based on touch input with an unreliable, weak internet connection

If you do good PR prior the launch of your game, you can get a feeling if it will become a hit. If you have run a market analysis and found out which platform could generate massive numbers, hiring someone to do a port for a second launch buzz could work and would be more riskless than doing it by yourself and/or risking to do it in the first place.

So, developing for PC (classic fat game) and developing for Android (thin touch game) seems to me a riskless and valid option for multiplatform development. A later port to iOS, Windows Mobile, Mac or Linux can be considered later. I know only a few companies that do a real multiplatform launch at the same time for a game, so why should you do that?
Posted By: fogman

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 01:55

I want to expand my services for clients. Unity developers are more likely to get hired if you take a look at the market. It would be really bad for my business if I would stick to gamestudio in the long run. I´ve to move on. Of course Gamestudio won´t vanish in nirvana for me - I just want to think outside the acknex box. laugh
Posted By: painkiller

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 12:28

hmm one or two years ago there were always at least around 80 registered users connected, now 40, that's half of the people there used to be
Posted By: 3run

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 21:38

This community is fucked up.. I hope new WED and Android updates will bring some new, kind and open-mind users.
Cause there are only moneyvampires here nowadays and only few good persons..
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 22:07

i don't think it's fucked up
it's more like the new generation of kids is spoiled as hell.
"Mummy, I need a new computer!, Daddy, I want a girlfried! Community, I want a game better than Crysis 3!"
And those kids don't know how to get us old community members to answer their questions... And so they leave immediatly

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 22:53

Originally Posted By: MasterQ32
And those kids don't know how to get us old community members to answer their questions...
MasterQ32@ old member? open your eyes, there are only few of us left! and ever fewer are helping over the forum and working with Acknex.
If I talk about myself, there was actually about already 4-5 situations, last month, when people wanted to help only if I help.
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: who is online - 02/11/13 23:19

TempelbauerŽ is online... since 2004
i will not go until my 10th anniversary

Quote:

i will bite you just for fun

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 00:05

we are all dinosaurs grin

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 00:25

Originally Posted By: Tempelbauer
TempelbauerŽ is online... since 2004
i will not go until my 10th anniversary

Quote:

i will bite you just for fun
And
Originally Posted By: MasterQ32
we are all dinosaurs grin
You are one of those, who actually keeps this community alive guys.. Thank you for being around! Dinosaurs! grin

Edit: actually all dinosaurs have died... that doesn't really sound optimistic for us frown

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 00:47

But they look pretty awesome!

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 00:50

MasterQ32@ so do we cool

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 01:05

For sure!
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 01:11

Can I have one of your reality distortion fields? I also want to feel like a fairy that sprinkles fairy dust wherever she goes.

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 01:17

JustSid@ the one that you already have, doesn't fit your needs or what? go get some weed wink
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 01:22

Originally Posted By: 3run
JustSid@ the one that you already have, doesn't fit your needs or what?

Exactly, that's why I'm asking for one of yours.
Funny story about weed though, there is a bag of it in our living room that my mom confiscated from one of her students. It's there since at least half a year or so. Okay, actually that wasn't that funny, but you guys could at least pretend like it was.

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 01:25

JustSid@ man, it's have been waiting for you about already half a year, don't make it wait any longer grin
having something off-topic around here was always funny, it's really nice to have you around here guys!

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 01:35

@Sid: Sure you can have one! RDF
but i think you need a ponyfied upgrade for it...
Posted By: sivan

Re: who is online - 02/12/13 15:09

I think those data are not irreal, I'm online a lot, and some users are always active. and if you type '3d game engine' into google it is easy to find this forum. but unity is x20 bigger at the moment. other less known engines have only a few active forum users.
when I'm fed up because of newer and newer 3dgs engine bugs discovered, or when I'm not satisfied with the quality or performance of my project, I'm playing with other engines to collect information what is possibe by them, is it worthy to move or not, or simply to learn something new. I haven't found the holy grail yet laugh
Posted By: Carlos3DGS

Re: who is online - 02/13/13 03:24

These sad threads make the forum cry...

Is there any purpous?

EDIT:
I am not trying to start a fight, it's just that... I have seen so many different version of this thread these past years... They have lost their meaning to me
Posted By: HeelX

Re: who is online - 02/13/13 09:08

Originally Posted By: Carlos3DGS
they have lost their meaning to me
Good! Now keep calm and carry on with your projects! smile
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: who is online - 02/14/13 10:47

Originally Posted By: JustSid
Originally Posted By: 3run
JustSid@ the one that you already have, doesn't fit your needs or what?

Exactly, that's why I'm asking for one of yours.
Funny story about weed though, there is a bag of it in our living room that my mom confiscated from one of her students. It's there since at least half a year or so. Okay, actually that wasn't that funny, but you guys could at least pretend like it was.

Don't pretend as if the bag is still full. You know very well that it isn't.
Posted By: Hummel

Re: who is online - 02/14/13 11:10

Perhaps he just forgot.
Posted By: rayp

Re: who is online - 02/14/13 18:23

Love bags of weed !
© 2024 lite-C Forums