Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid

Posted By: LawnmowerMan

Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:16

Ladies and gentlemen, let's give your voice of justice. Who is guilty?
Here you can get acquainted with the subject Moving camera betwen two vector

Mr.Sid lawyer team: Michael_Schwarz, DLivley, Slin.
LawnmowerMan is representing himself.

Give your vote please.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:19

You forgot the forums voting thingy.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:23

Ich kann echt einfach nicht mehr du vollpfosten. NIEMAND IST GEGEN DICH. Warum geht das in deine Rübe nicht rein? Es gibt einfach einen Fundamentalen unterschied "hey ich will das machen wie geht das" und "hey ich will das machen, ich habe X, Y und Z ausprobiert und ich glaube dass J und K der richtige ansatz wäre, könnt ihr mir mal helfen?". Das erstere zeigt einfach keine Initiative deinerseits, das zweite schon.

Meine güte, ja, Sidney ist halt etwas sarkastisch, aber dass du dich jetzt hier aufführst wie nen Kindergartenkind dem man nen Keks geklaut hat zeigt auch wie sehr du einfach nur die "Gebt mir den fertigen code, ich will nix lernen" mentalität komplett inne hast.

Alles was wir dir sagen wollen ist ZEIGE uns dass du selbst was gemacht hast, ZEIGE uns dass du selbst versuchst das problem zu lösen, ZEIGE uns wass du probiert hast, ERKLÄRE uns was dein gedankenpfad war.

Das forum ist nicht hier um für dich code zu schreiben, wir sind da um dir zu helfen. Wenn du nicht gewillt bist selbst zu lernen und die grundlagen zu verstehen dann bist du leider komplett fehl am platz.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:26

No, I would like to publicly vote to give the other side a slight advantage wink
By the way I think Mr.Sid agre with me? There will be more things to talk about.

EDIT:
Michael can you write in english please, beacuse of other? Of course I want to train my english. Thanks.
Also can you give me proff about my mentality, like you say above "Give me the finished code, I want to learn nothing"?
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:32

Originally Posted By: LawnmowerMan
Ladies and gentlemen, let's give your voice of justice. Who is guilty?
Here you can get acquainted with the subject Moving camera betwen two vector

Mr.Sid lawyer team: Michael_Schwarz, DLivley, Slin.
LawnmowerMan is representing himself.

Give your vote please.

Err, like seriosly? Excuse me, but what the fuck is this supposed to be and what do you hope to gain from it?
I won't comment on how stupid/senseless I think this is but it won't help you with your camera code for sure.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:38

Quote:
Err, like seriosly? Excuse me, but what the fuck is this supposed to be and what do you hope to gain from it?
I won't comment on how stupid/senseless I think this is but it won't help you with your camera code for sure.

Kartoffel how you not see dude? The point is move this guys in Morbius' Virtual Answering Machine. This is the only way to stop this guys trolling 3dgs forum. Here is place where we can talk about everything, right?

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:40

Not trying to be rude or something, but from what I've read you're the troll in here.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:41

EDIT:
Michael can you write in english please, beacuse of other? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

I can't even anymore you moron. NOBODY IS AGAINST YOU. Why does that not want to go into your head? There is a fundamental difference between "hey I wanna do this how do you do that" and "hey I wanna do this thing, I have tried doing X, Y and Z and I think that J and K would be the correct approach, could you guys help me? The former doesn't show any initiative on your end, the latter does.

My god, yes, Sidney is a bit sarcastic, but to act like some kid in Kindergarden whose cookie was stolen just goes to show how much you live the "give the the finished code, I don't want to learn anything" mentality.

All we are trying to tell you is to SHOW us that you did something on your own, SHOW us that you tried to solve it on your own, SHOW us what you tried, EXPLAIN what your trail of thought was.

The forum isn't here to code for you, we are here to guide you. If you are not willing to learn on your own and to understand the fundamental basics, then you are in the wrong place

Also can you give me proff about my mentality,

http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/graphorgan/18strat/strat/professor/gif/j0422581.jpg

like you say above "Give me the finished code, I want to learn nothing"?

I never said it as a direct quote. But the WAY YOU ASK implies it, THE WAY YOU ARE BEHAVING RIGHT NOW does. Why do you keep being so focused on that, instead of going by the IMPORTANT PART:
Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

SHOW us that you did something on your own, SHOW us that you tried to solve it on your own, SHOW us what you tried, EXPLAIN what your trail of thought was.

Yet all you keep do is putting more fuel into the flame because you can not accept that the way you asked for it was wrong. You cannot accept that you did something wrong, so clearly everyone else is wrong and you are right.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:44

Seriously? You want to VOTE?
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:48

How about making games instead of arguing? This thread is really childish.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:50

Originally Posted By: the_clown
Seriously? You want to VOTE?

Yes why not. I want to know if I made a mistake somewhere when I ask for help, to know what the rules are in forum, and did is Mr.Sid with his law team, factor who decides about this.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 14:59

I've already explained it to you, if you just want to keep ignoring it, then be my guest.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 15:10

Yes, but I at any point do not accept your explanation. It's just your opinion. Let's hear the other's.
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 15:14

At first I thought somebody was making fun of LawnmowerMan with this thread, then I realized LawnmowerMan himself is OP. Talk about attention-whoring, this is hilarious.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 15:29

This is getting painfull to watch. Advice: read all Michael_Schwarz's posts again.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 15:31

Yes, but I at any point do not accept your explanation. It's just your opinion. Let's hear the other's.

You asked for help with a specific problem in an unspecific way. That's alright.
You got a very unspecific, yet absolutely correct answer, rather floppily formulated. That's alright too.
Then the whole thread went batshit crazy and people began throwing shit at each other. That's pretty fucked up.

Well in all seriousness, the point Sid's trying to get across is the following, asking for help in the manner you did - asking for a specific engine function that solves your problem - may work a few times, maybe even every time, but in the end, you'll have to ask a lot of these kind of questions on your way.
If you do your homework though, and I don't mean like literally doing homework of course but doing research and trying to approach things from a broader perspective will help you to overcome such problems all by yourself, and not only with Gamestudio, but also when you for some reason want to use, let's say, Unity, Unreal, whatever (which I can really recommend to you if you're an artist because at least Unity is easy to learn and offers much more power and flexibility especially to non-programmers, compared to Gamestudio, and the same is said about the new Unreal dev kit).

From this viewpoint, Sid's replies make a lot of sense to be honest. There's people here who will happily help you with every fucking little problem and provide you with code and stuff, and if you're happy that way, so be it, but try and take a more general approach, look into stuff like a bit of algebra or analytic math, try to learn a little bit more about programming, it'll help you a big deal in the long run, while the kind of help you've been asking for will maybe help you momentarily, but you'll end up asking questions over and over and over and over again, everytime you run into a little problem that could easily be solved with a little bit more general knowledge and understanding.

So if you really wanna vote about something, my vote would go to Sid I'm afraid.
However I think you're going way overboard with this. Like, seriously, you're behaving like a child.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 15:34

@LawnmowerMan, initially I partly agreed with you. You posted it friendly, with thanks etc. But just did it more like a request instead of posting something showing you already try some things out.

But than as the_clown said, the thread lateron went to rubbish and childish.
Posted By: Emre

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 15:48

Oh my god! LawnmowerMan! Seriously!? is this topic really necessary?

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 16:24

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
This is getting painfull to watch. Advice: read all Michael_Schwarz's posts again.

It's alright, you can just call me Michael laugh

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 16:51

Okay for me it does not matter if I c&p someones name enitrely or partly grin
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 17:33

I plead guilty on all charges.

Now that this open court has been settled, next time just write me a PM or something.
If you think I behave against the rules, message a moderator or JCL. This forum is not a democracy where rules are voted on, if you think I or someone else violates them, report them.

Edit: Also, I find the notion laughable that Michael, Nils and DLively are my shills. Yes, I know Michael and Nils in real life, yes they are my friends (and Nils is also my colleague, since we are doing full disclosure here), but I haven't asked them to write posts that agree with me. I guess I'm sorry that they agreed with me?

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 17:49

And make us miss out on the entertainment? No way!
Posted By: DLively

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/28/14 17:57

Case closed.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 12:11

I still think "Math" was a perfectly fine and plausible answer.
Posted By: jenGs

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 13:58

Oh, how I missed that. This reminds me of the good old forum times when such a topic appeared every week. What fun times we had.
But seriously, I don't think we need such topics to make the forum more lifely.

edit:
On topic - I vote for nobody, because one of them is a (competent) cynic and the other one is childish
Posted By: FBL

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 17:55

Acknex is dead
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 19:12

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Acknex is dead
If it is forever in our hearts, it won't be dead. Just a bit shy.

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 19:19

Originally Posted By: HeelX
Acknex is dead

Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 20:04

+1
Posted By: lemming

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/29/14 20:23

Originally Posted By: HeelX
Acknex is dead

+1

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/30/14 06:25

Posted By: Quad

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/30/14 17:35

Posted By: Harry Potter

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/30/14 19:52

Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/30/14 20:06

"Kinder Garden" is spelled "Kindergarten" even in english. I don't know where you got that image but it's a little weird seeing it spelled like that.
Posted By: Harry Potter

Re: Courtroom: LawnmowerMan VS Mr.Sid - 07/30/14 22:09

@Redeemer: Oops. blush Sorry, it was my fault.
Thanks for the hint. I have corrected it now. wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums