Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version?

Posted By: Suikerbier

Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/16/17 17:12

As a decades long user of this software I was always against buying to expensive release while still being a noob and hobbyist. Then I wanted to try the professional edition to try at least its features and make live easier for my simple games, but it was way to costly for individuals like me and others with low budget.

Still eager to program and have fun, making a little money I thought why not see if A8 pricing had been lowering to a price hobbyist can actually afford and to my surprise I found it on the official sales page.

This must mean that his is the end of Game Studio and although I have to admit its nice software in its use in comparison with newest technologie. I could just not buy it cause its asking for my signup stuff and whatnot from decades ago lol.

Dudes I got the key if you want my money fo go from 8 A Commercial to Pro don't be silly ask for my key. You know the one you introduced back in the day.

Good luck with selling this product, in the meantime I learn that name you don't like to hear on your forum.

Happy Christmas and think of your loyal customers or you wil get karma instead.
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/16/17 17:33

Just ask support for help and send them your key file. It should be no problem.
Posted By: 3run

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/16/17 19:32

Hey!

To get PRO version, not really needed to buy it, just participate in contest! It's a very good way to test your skills + to get PRO version, recently a lot of user members got themselves a PRO that way.

Best regards!
Posted By: Superku

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/17/17 07:50

Open WED, click Help->About WED. There you can see all the key information, name, user ID, password.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/19/17 16:45

just noticed A8 commercial doen't exist anymore. In the store there is only extra and pro (for 175€, which I think it used to be the price for commercial): http://www.shareit.com/product.html?cart=1&productid=300164483

Also on the versions webpage there is only free, extra and pro.

Well I think this shows how dead is gamestudio development at this point. A change of gamestudio versions without making any announcement, probably just to try to sell some walking-dead pro licenses

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/19/17 17:40

I think it has been pretty clear for years that there won't be A9.
With that in mind it pains me to see that there's still no engine source code access option, either for free or let's say ~100 bucks when you already own the Pro edition.
It would make life so much easier for me (and probably other peeps) and provide non-zero profit for jcl as well.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/19/17 20:31

I can't understand why extra is kept, its shader-less feature set is so ancient... lowering the price should have been done earlier, it is still too expensive.
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/19/17 22:02

AFAIK the source code is protected by some contractual obligations, and thus can't be released. I remember some discussions on it already years ago, where this was always the showstopper...
Posted By: sivan

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/20/17 12:55

yes, but I'm sure they or their heirs would allow it for a little money... so old stuff

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/20/17 15:03

The engine source code does not underlie any license or contract restrictions, ""only"" the lite-C compiler and the editor source codes.
I once asked the support if I could get source code access, primarily to fix some bugs, but in general to make life easier for me. The price however was way, way beyond any reasonable point, esp. when you keep in mind that there won't be A9 (and that there's UE4 source code access - with royalties though).
Posted By: FBL

Re: Should I upgrade from A8 Commercial To Latest Pro version? - 12/20/17 20:34

I guess in the end it's begging the last project to 100%, work around engine bugs or declare them as feature, release and then run away. grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums