Handball game issue

Posted By: SirSven

Handball game issue - 08/12/07 13:50

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about how to create a handball game and I can't come up with a solution for the passing system. How can I animate the catching of the ball. I mean you can't make one animation of the ball catching person because the ball can come in from everywhere but the hand must go to the ball. So is it necessary that I create 1000 of animations for every possibility the ball can arrive or do you know a better way?

Thanks
Posted By: LogantheHogan

Re: Handball game issue - 08/12/07 16:00

Sounds like a job for bones animation. I'm not sure how you'd do it, but I'm pretty sure it's possible with bones. Either look for a tutorial about bones or wait for someone smarter than me to come along.
Posted By: G_Tos

Re: Handball game issue - 09/09/07 07:52

I think, I'm not the smarter one...
...but you can create one catching-animation for a direct-pass, one for catching the ball over the had and one for picking it from the floor.
Now you can move the player to the position where the ball is in the equal high as the hands of him. Then turn the player to the angle of the ball and play the
"direct-pass-animation". It's only an Idea...

(I hope there are not sooo many mistakes with grammar... )
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Handball game issue - 09/09/07 10:20

the trick is, not to animate the players for the ball, you have to get the ball to the right position => before they through it, you have to know the final position

Re: Handball game issue - 09/09/07 10:35

Yes, I mean this.
Only an idea:
Create an other Object and let it move to the same direction as the ball.
but with much more speed. Then you have to make the gravity proportional to the speed. Example:
The ball is moving with speed 5 and has a gravity of 0.4, the object could move with speed 50, then is it's gravity 4.
With this trick the Object is much earlier at the same position like the ball later. Now you only must move the player to this position.

Or you try to get the ball to the playerposition. But I don't know how...

I haven't tested it, but I think it will be run.
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Handball game issue - 09/09/07 10:40

if a player throughs the ball, a position is calculated (as example by another player, or just on the bottom), and you move the ball direct to that.
and that with the gravity you can fake easy.

Re: Handball game issue - 09/09/07 11:45

Ok...

Re: Handball game issue - 09/10/07 09:25

SirSven, can I get your handballgame after finishing?
Because I like this sport and there are no games in this genre...
...please!?!
© 2024 lite-C Forums