differences with free/full versions

Posted By: unit

differences with free/full versions - 04/04/08 09:34

hi. just downloaded what looks to be an interesting dev. tool.

i got the free version, my question is.. just how much can i actually make/develop before i run into hurdles that require full content? i did try to look for this info in the various pages but wasn't able to find.

also downloaded many tutorials and demo's so hopefully will be on my way soon.

thanks for your time \:\)
Posted By: iuselitec

Re: differences with free/full versions - 04/04/08 10:45

there is a table somewhere on the gamestudio website with a comparison of all the different editions.

it depends on your project. if you donīt need the level editor and shaders then the free version probably will be fine and you wonīt run into big hurdles for a while (you canīt release commercial projects with the free edition).
Posted By: Tobias

Re: differences with free/full versions - 04/04/08 15:55

You can do pretty much with the free version, the most important thing missing is shaders.

Re: differences with free/full versions - 04/04/08 16:32

thnx for info.. not sure what level editing is? i hope it's not what i THINK it is hehe as i surely do need to edit my 'levels' (game areas)

pixel shader not needed yet, gfx card unable to do it anyway..

won't be releasing a commercial ver. for quite some time \:\)

thnx again. \:\)
Posted By: iuselitec

Re: differences with free/full versions - 04/04/08 16:36

the free editon doesnīt come with gamestudioīs level editor WED but you can create levels nevertheless by either doing your own simple level editor, creating levels in code or by using the level editor which won the lite-c contest for example.

Re: differences with free/full versions - 04/04/08 18:58

again thnx for info.. is encouraging.. \:\)

i think i need this aa*<something> file for versions pre XP/Vista (im using win98)
© 2024 lite-C Forums