Debuger lag

Posted By: Nicotin

Debuger lag - 12/17/08 21:25

My Debuger runs the Programms with 1 FPS. Everytime I click debug it slowly builds Frame by Frame and my same computer works in this speed too. But with the normal Compiling everything works fine. What is the Problem?

My Version:
GS7 Extra V 7.60
My PC:

Intel Q6600 Quad @ 2,4 GhZ
2GB RAM
ATI Radoen HD 3800
Windows XP SP 3

P.S. Why works "#incldude <default.c>" and "#include <Acknex.h>" not anymore. It Pops up the "No c code in .wdl scripts" it worked fine before. If I put it in the Folder an make "include "default.c" " it gives me hundrets of Errors in the Script. Please Help

Posted By: Quad

Re: Debuger lag - 12/17/08 21:42

for second question make sure you save your file as .c(you have to add extension by handi its wdl by default.)

and in acknex.h a is small.

Re: Debuger lag - 12/18/08 10:04

But if I change it to .c half of my codes don't work anymore. Like "my.Pan" it says "'Pan' is not a member of ENTITY"
Posted By: Poison

Re: Debuger lag - 12/18/08 10:22

Sure, Lite-c is "case sensitive", therefore you have to write "Pan" small like this: "my.pan = n;"
Posted By: jcl

Re: Debuger lag - 12/18/08 10:52

First make sure that your code compiles and runs at all. Only then you can start debugging.

But even before that, make up your mind in which language you want to write your code. From your post I get the impression that you have a mix of .c and .wdl. That won't work. You must decide which language to use - for beginners, I suggest lite-C. Start with the lite-C tutorial to make yourself familiar with the basics of programming and debugging.

If you did all this and then still have an FPS problems with debugging a .c program, please post a bug report which details about your problem, and include the code or a link to the project. Then we can look into the issue.

- Moved to the starting forum.

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 15:47

Okay, now I'm pretty sure that it is a Bug and not a problem of the code. Then as the problem occured again I tryed it on a simple Script:

function main()
{
level_load("level.wmb");
wait(3);

}

This is ALL the script, it isn't really much that could make such a lag is it?

And still the Debuger makes 1 FPS and my same PC lags. Like I sayed before the normal compiling works fine!
I made a video so you can see better what exactly is the problem:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn4umgkm2FE

As you see. After closing the window my mouse and all runs fluid again. And I don't think it is a Problem with my hardware.

I at least I hope it

Thanks.

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 16:17

it works fine for me?

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 16:48

What, yeah it runs. but you can see that it laggs like hell. When it starts and when I move the mouse around. But if I closes it my mouse moves normal again.
Did you actually watch the Vid?^^

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 16:54

i watched the vid.

i meant i dont have any lag problem with debugger by "works"

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 16:56

Oh, okay. Yeah I īcan't find this problem in the forum. So I think it's a unique problem?

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 17:11

yeah, more likely, it's something with your system.(Hardware is ok but i guess it's some software related issue), try disabling any possible application that may interfere, antivirus apps and such.

debug run works with same fps as test run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpbE_A7pvM0

Re: Debuger lag - 12/19/08 21:17

I can't belive it. But it seems like is has this lag if my "Free Download Manager" is activated. Looks like I found the problem, thanks everyone.
If it comes back I'll write again.
© 2024 lite-C Forums