mtl_bump

Posted By: tthorpe88

mtl_bump - 01/03/09 12:49

Hi,
This may be a noobish question, But should I be able to notice a difference to my WED Blocks when I use the material: mtl_bump.
I have applied it to just a square block with a normal texture with a normal map texture of the same name with "_n" at the end in the same folder and added two dynamic lights within in range of the block but I cannot notice a difference. Am I doing something wrong. I have A7 Pro updated yesterday.
--edited
I can see the bump map working now, but can a parralax be applied to WED Blocks and how would I do this what textures would I need.

Re: mtl_bump - 01/04/09 12:44

Ok, I still think I'm doing something wrong because I can't get the mtl_bump to work on wed blocks.
I have made a wed level with a block on the left and a model on the right with the same texture applied to both with the same ammount of lights in the same place.
The texture and the normal map are in the same folder for the wed block and that folder is in the gstudio7\wads folder.

Bumpmap Test Level

file name in texture folder = wall.tga

file name in texture folder = wall_n.tga
Am I doing something really simple wrong, Any help or a test level or something would be greatly appeciated.
Posted By: fogman

Re: mtl_bump - 01/04/09 12:51

Atm it works only with WAD archives, not with external textures in a folder.

As a workaround, put your textures in a WAD.
In the next update it should work with textures in folders, too.
Posted By: Tobias

Re: mtl_bump - 01/04/09 12:51

You must either use the latest version from this forum, 7.66, or you must have the textures in a WAD. Normal textures outside a WAD are only supported in 7.66.

Edit: fogman was faster...

Re: mtl_bump - 01/04/09 13:12

Thank you both of you: fogman & Tobias,
This will stop me scratching my head and getting confused and just to clarify, The way I'm doing it now should work when there is an update yes?
And thanks again grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums