pro or free?

Posted By: Dalphine

pro or free? - 04/09/09 11:52

For just hobby use? which? The free download that's listed or buy a copy of something?
Posted By: gri

Re: pro or free? - 04/09/09 11:59

hi

the "free" to try - the "commercial" to buy.

Hehehe

gretings
,gri
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: pro or free? - 04/10/09 09:12

Originally Posted By: Dalphine
For just hobby use? which?

For a hobby, use the free one if you don't have enough money.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: pro or free? - 04/10/09 09:58

If you want the level editor and all of the great features, I'd recommend you to buy a copy; The commercial is the best compromise, most of the pro-features are really senseless for hobby programmers.
Posted By: Ness

Re: pro or free? - 04/10/09 11:40

well i advise you the "free versioN"
but let me explain:
you dont have a level builder! well you dont need one ^^! if you have a verry good programm like teragen or 3 studio max, you can make your own levels! Its harder,to use the free version because you dont know where to place objects exactly! but with makign a programm which gives you coordinates of models,you can do it in the executed programm you made wink
MED is junk! Dont get it! its not worth buying "with" it! 3d studio max or blender or maja has 100% more abilities and freedom than MED!
The scripting Editor is included in the free version ^^
The only thing which could be bothering is,that features like physics or something(dont know really what) but they dont function!
for people with no money PERFECT!
Posted By: George

Re: pro or free? - 04/10/09 13:19

Med (the model editor) is free. If you want to design levels you will need Wed (comes with GameStudio) or the much more expensive 3D Studio Max, etc.
Posted By: VeT

Re: pro or free? - 04/10/09 16:10

//The only thing which could be bothering is,that features like physics or something(dont know really what) but they dont function!

hmm.. i dont think so

Re: pro or free? - 04/20/09 21:10

Originally Posted By: VeT
//The only thing which could be bothering is,that features like physics or something(dont know really what) but they dont function!

hmm.. i dont think so

Then the free version is greater than we thought =)
Posted By: VeT

Re: pro or free? - 04/21/09 21:47

:))))
I mean that nobody would pay(or even try to win) for features, that dont work smile

Re: pro or free? - 05/21/09 12:35

if you want to start,forget the payment version *gg*
why? because you can make complete levels with free Blender! it can mess up with Maya or 3d studio max and its free. But if you invest lots of learning time,you will thank!
Posted By: KiwiBoy

Re: pro or free? - 05/21/09 20:02

What abosolute drivel!

Hobby use is just as demanding as pro work so always go for the best you can afford because once you get into it, you are hooked and only the full suite will give you the advantages of frredom within a hobbiest approach.
The beat is in fact the entire suite for begginers or the compitition if your skill base is advanced.

Apps like MAX etc mentioned here are too expensive for hobbiest and in fact are overkill.
Whilst they are good, the likelyhood of anyone owning one and not knowing the value of 3dgamestudio is most probably useing a warezed version which means trouble eventually.
© 2024 lite-C Forums