Basic game help..

Posted By: DaveM

Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 12:34

I'm trying to build a basic game and some of the members (notably kiwi) have been very helpful. I am a beginner though, and what I need to do is enable a player in a game to kill as many enemies as possible on a timer and then have the score come up (in cash preferably but could be points), and then have the game end. Could someone please point me in the right direction, thank you..DaveM
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 13:58

Ummmm, what do you need exactly?? confused

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 15:58

I need to know, do I use a script, how do I use it to achieve what I want etc, I have no clue! XD thanks
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 16:10

That sounds like a very simple concept, could be funny though, at least for half an hour or so. Just the right thing for a total beginner.
Do you want that do be a first person shooter?
The first thing to do is to plan what weapons should be there, what enemies, how should the levels look like, stuff like that.
You surely don't need more than a few pages to write all details for your project down.
When you have that done, come back and start asking more detailed questions. First, do the workshops from the download page.
Posted By: Jaxas

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 17:02

do workshops and you learn something useful wink

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 19:05

yes I've done all that I have a working game I just need help working out how to set a timer for 60 seconds and then displaying a score with a message..ta

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/18/09 19:37

next step, try review all AUM magazines, there's a lot of good stuff smile hints, tips and examples wink
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/19/09 12:10

4 things to be good in Lite-C:

1: Workshops (You finished them).
2: AUM.
3: Manual.
4: Ask laugh.

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/19/09 12:13

I am doing a project for my hnc I just wanted some quick help as I'm on a deadline thanks guys, but I still need help got no time to read through it all any assistance good..

Re: Basic game help.. - 05/19/09 15:42

you can't do it quick, even if you're master of Lite-C. All project need a lot of time and hard work if you want to make it right wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums