Skinning

Posted By: wolodo87

Skinning - 08/08/09 12:55

Hello,
I would like to create some more complex models, but I have problem with skinning. I found just few tutorials, but still do not know how to skin my model effectively. Can anyone give me some advice or point me on a good tutorial about skinning? I would like to skin for example human or animal model. I would like to learn some tricks to do that fast and easy (if it is possible :))
Posted By: Renard

Re: Skinning - 08/10/09 19:28

Well... i take a capure of the screen with the skin mapping made on a white skin, on skin editor, then I use the capture to crate a layer on photoshop, so i can draw "on" the skin, so when i import the skin to the model, there is nothing left to do. i think it`s usefull, at least for my. smile

Re: Skinning - 08/11/09 07:47

Thats wise. Does the size also fit?

Re: Skinning - 08/11/09 20:32

if you make the layer over a canvas of the same size, ie. a square 256 over a square 256 image, and change the opacity about 50%.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Skinning - 08/11/09 21:14

That's the way I did it too - until I found how to use the colorization tools of the skin editor! wink Try all the buttons under the skin map window!
Select one of the color windows, click the bigger button near them to choose your preferred color, paint with "Fill Selected" for instance, that's the fastest way to mark certain triangles.
Then export the resulting picture as bmp or pcx, and edit it in any grafic program that you like! smile

Re: Skinning - 08/11/09 22:18

O.O so obvious! I never tried that. XD

i`ll see how it works. smile

Re: Skinning - 08/13/09 20:24

Yep, simple and effective laugh And now I need tutorial how to paint textures grin because everything I paint looks quite stretched and odd grin

Re: Skinning - 08/13/09 21:32

play with the vertices on skin editor or try with bigger skins.
keep the important parts away from the lines that form the triengles.
and remeber that, the model is made of triangles.

Re: Skinning - 08/16/09 15:48

Thanks to all. I will try that. Usefull advices
© 2024 lite-C Forums