Rotating a sky cube

Posted By: Rondidon

Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 03:24

Hi,

due to the fact that the sun of my sky cube graphic is on the wrong position I`m wondering if it`s possible to rotate a skycube in realtime by 90 degrees. Sky.pan = 90 doesn`t work out. Using a sky dome isn`t possible because I want to use a specific sky cube texture.

Thanks for help,
Rondidon laugh
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 03:26

Try putting the 'pan = 90;' in the sky cube definition. Alternatively I think you could play with the u/v values to scroll the texture to a different position.

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 03:30

pan = 90 doesn`t work out because I use a sky cube, not a sky dome. According to the manual the engine ignores angle and x/y values for sky cubes so I`m wondering if there`s any trick left...

U/V doesn`t work, too. It causes a graphic bug becuase the engine shifts every six sides of the sky cube and not the whole texture.

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 19:41

Really no solution? Here`s an illustration to show what I want to do:

Posted By: Joey

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 21:11

use a shader for that, i remember someone using a sky cube shader somewhere lately (sorry for not being more specific).
Posted By: msmith2468

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 21:14

can you just shift the texture in a paint program? it should be seemless right? so if you move it accordingly then it should work.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/02/10 21:31

how about rotating the sun in the right dirction?

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/03/10 17:39

Rotating the sun light does`t look good at the level geometry, but I try to switch it in photoshop. If there`s any idea left, it`s the last possibility now :-)
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/04/10 12:55

Yeah, there should be the offset option under filters in Photoshop if I'm not mistaken that can do exactly what you want.
Posted By: MMike

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/05/10 02:59

why not rotate the whole level -90 AHHAH
Posted By: Espér

Re: Rotating a sky cube - 02/05/10 12:19

Uhm.. why not changing the Skycube Image.
Just change the graphics, so the sun and the nosun parts change their places..
© 2024 lite-C Forums