A8 Installation Bug.

Posted By: Henning

A8 Installation Bug. - 08/04/10 08:19

Hello jcl,

today I loaded A8 and tried to install. On unpacking, I recieved the first error (Unable to save extracted file! 00078#options.scr), and on install, this file is not found(2nd error). Installation is terminated, when 2nd error OK button is pressed.

Windows XP Pro, SP2, Lenovo T2300 Laptop 3GB, ATI Mobility Radeon X1300, 512 MB.

I send an e-mail with screenshots to support(at)3dgamestudio.net.

Thx
Henning
Posted By: jcl

Re: A8 Installation Bug. - 08/04/10 09:10

You'd need to send us your PC when you want us to install A8 for you. But don't worry, you can fix this yourself. Here are some general hints when programs won't install on your PC:

- The most frequent reason of such problems is a bad internet connection and an aborted download. Make sure that your connection is ok and that you can download files that are 100 MB in size. Download it again and compare the file size. Using a download manager can also help in such cases.

- You need the right to install software on your PC. If in doubt, ask your system administrator for help. He can install the program for you.

- A defect Windows installation can also prevent you from installing software. This can usually be fixed by re-installing your OS. New Windows versions can fix themselves, but I'm not sure if this already worked with XP.

I've moved this thread to "Starting" as such problems do not really belong to the bug forum.
Posted By: Henning

Re: A8 Installation Bug. - 08/04/10 10:41

Hello jcl,

problem solved after some talking with collegues. Our virus scanner here in the company blocks .scr files. Sorry, I have no control over these blocking rules and A7 installation always went smooth in the past.

Thx for the quick answer.
Henning
© 2024 lite-C Forums