Gamestudio Free Version

Posted By: Sunshine21

Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 15:48

Hello,
i have a Question.
I want to work first with the Free Gamestudio Version, is the License Free if i publisch and Sell my Game, that i maked with the free Version.

Hope anyone will write me back

Thanks
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 15:57

You cant generate an executable with the Free version, therefor you cant publish anything.

regards,
Posted By: painkiller

Yes, you can publish and sell your game with the free version.

It makes an executable file, but it doesn't hide your scripts
Posted By: TrackingKeks

You've to buy the Commercial edition to publish and sell your games. Besides in the free version there are missing some important features (shaders, ..)

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 15:59

please, don't post if you don't know right, here is the official features: http://www.3dgamestudio.com/order8.php
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 18:17

Originally Posted By: painkiller
please, don't post if you don't know right, here is the official features: http://www.3dgamestudio.com/order8.php

And? What does it say? grin
It isn't as obvious as you might think.
"Unlimited Publishing Licence", but no "Compile to Exe"
- who is supposed to understand that, except he is already familiar with it? tongue
My vote goes for your first answer! wink

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 18:21

Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
Originally Posted By: painkiller

And? What does it say? grin
It isn't as obvious as you might think.
"Unlimited Publishing Licence", but no "Compile to Exe"
- who is supposed to understand that, except he is already familiar with it? tongue
My vote goes for your first answer! wink

Yes, it doesn't COMPILE to exe, but it creates an .EXE wich compiles the script on the air. So you can sell your game, people to play only need to open the exe, the exe compiles the code and voilą, game started. It's like when you click on test run in sed, but from a standalone executable.

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 18:32

But I think everyone who sells his game will use Commercial or above. The name ("Commercial") says it. (Besides I have written that it is not possible to PUBLISH a game and this type of creating an exe is not publishing, it is just creating an .exe)

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 18:38

Well, yes, people who want to do commecrial games usually buy commercial version of GS, but you can sell them also in free version. Obiously publishing a game with a free version watermark on the corner isn't very cool.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 18:53

Originally Posted By: TrackingKeks
But I think everyone who sells his game will use Commercial or above. The name ("Commercial") says it. (Besides I have written that it is not possible to PUBLISH a game and this type of creating an exe is not publishing, it is just creating an .exe)

But, that's exactly the way the term "publish" has been used in Gamestudio - in the "old" times... smirk

Re: Gamestudio Free Version - 09/08/10 19:00

Ah, ok xD.. Then I'm wrong^^
© 2024 lite-C Forums