Passable WED blocks

Posted By: tthorpe88

Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 07:47

Hi everyone,

I might be being really thick but can you make an WED block that is passable to an entity using c_move without making all the WED blocks in the level passable.
Posted By: rayp

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 07:54

Choose the block and set its passable flag. In combination with ignore_passable, this already works. If u want it passable for only some special entitys, u can build the block as map entity setting this action fex
Code:
//skill1 PassableGroup 1
action Passable_Block()
{
 my.group = my.skill1;
}

using this c_move with c_ignore will let the entity through the block (and all passable-things)

Code:
c_ignore(1,0); //ignore our block(s)
c_move(me, vector(5*time_step,0,0), nullvector, IGNORE_PASSABLE); //set ignore_passable for other passable ents to pass

Note: Remove ignore_passable if the entity only should go through our "special" blocks not through all passable entitys

Edit: Not sure right now (cause iam not at home) if c_ignore needs IGNORE_PUSH flag set. Just try it.

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 08:16

Okay thanks rayp.

I will check my code again because I thought I tried setting the block to passable and using IGNORE_PASSABLE.

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 13:11

Hi rayp,

I tried setting the block in WED to passable and using IGNORE_PASSABLE but collisions are still detected. Are passable WED blocks actually possible?

Do I have to create each block I want to be passable as an entity?

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 14:24

Well try with ignore_content instead of ignore_passable. If this wont work too, try to build the blocks as map entity, then ignore_passable MUST work.

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 19:45

Never mind laugh

Tom

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/25/12 20:56

Hi rayp,

It would seem that WED blocks don't support the passable flag, but like you said making them as map entities works fine with IGNORE_PASSABLE.

Thanks for you help.

Tom

Re: Passable WED blocks - 06/26/12 14:12

Well your welcome.

Edit: Just tryed it, your right. ignore_passable does not work with passable blocks. This is strange.
Quote:

IGNORE_PASSABLE

Ignores all passable blocks and entities.

EDIT: I know whats up here. You set the level to create mesh. This means your blocks arent blocks. Theyre models. lol. just tested it, cause it did not work for me too grin uncheck in build props of your map "create mesh". Now ignore_passable will work with passable blocks, trust me grin
Why...i dont have a clue grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums