WED going off grid...?

Posted By: Preypacer

WED going off grid...? - 10/17/12 03:49

Hello, got a quick issue here that I'm sure others have experienced before.

Basically, when I'm working with brushes/blocks in WED, I find that everything is fine when I first create a block. I'm snapping to the grid and my snap is set to 16.

Once the object is created and I try to move an individual face, or even the entire object, the face or object goes off-grid, and I find that I have to go into edge mode to snap everything back in place.

It doesn't seem to move consistently off-grid either, as it moves different distances. I've dragged an item back and forth repeatedly and each time it moves a different distance. However, it never lines back up with the grid without me having to go into edge mode to fix it manually. It happens during rotation as well.

I can only imagine the headache this is going to cause for me when I get to working on really involved projects down the road, so I'm really hoping there's some fix or work-around for this.

Here's a screenshot, just to illustrate..

Thanks!
Posted By: xbox

Re: WED going off grid...? - 10/17/12 05:19

Hey, I've had this happen way too many times to count. I think this is why I get frustrated with making levels. lol. Usually, not always, it can be fixed by just sliding this bar down to 8, 4, or in worst case scenarios, 2 and just moving the object that way. Once it is aligned, I usually just leave that slider where it is( in my case its at either 2 or 8).

This is just a work around that I've used and works pretty well.
Posted By: 3dgs_snake

Re: WED going off grid...? - 10/17/12 05:32

Hi,

You can also do MENU > Edit > Realign To grid. To realign the selected object.
Posted By: Preypacer

Re: WED going off grid...? - 10/17/12 11:59

Hmmm, okay thanks. Those are as good of a work around as any!

Thanks!
© 2024 lite-C Forums