Hit holes

Posted By: Redoine

Hit holes - 02/21/13 16:00

hello guys (me again and sorry for asking too much)

thanx to your templates and tutos now i know how to show hit holes on blocks but i still don't know how to show them on models
(buildings,houses,walls,...)
I thought that if i load the model to WED and compile it as entity and load it again ...(not working)

also i need to know how to make hite boxes to make the game more realistic

thank you
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Hit holes - 02/21/13 16:19

Originally Posted By: Redoine
I thought that if i load the model to WED and compile it as entity and load it again ...(not working)

No idea what you wanted to achieve with this. You normally realize bullet holes with decals. Have a look in the manual:

http://www.conitec.net/beta/ent_decal.htm

There is even a fully working example that places bullet holes on arbitrary surfaces.

For hitboxes: This is a very complicated thing. I remember some forum member making a completely working example some time ago. If you do a search on the forum for hit boxes you should be able to find it pretty fast.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Hit holes - 02/21/13 16:36

Uhrwerk probably means me (sorry if I forget another contribution), but although that system ("HED") comes with an editor and was optimized here and there, it isn't the best code that I've written and not the fastest. I suggest you use my Hitzone contribution instead, much easier to use and more precise (and faster if you don't use models with very high polygon counts).
Posted By: Redoine

Re: Hit holes - 02/21/13 16:37

thanx
© 2024 lite-C Forums