PSSM Shadows

Posted By: DLively

PSSM Shadows - 03/21/14 08:10

How does this work?

I tried including it and following the steps, but I am getting a script crash in pssm_split

I am trying to get shadows to appear in my level, and have some materials already asigned. could this affect this?
Posted By: sivan

Re: PSSM Shadows - 03/21/14 09:38

you need to set entity flag SHADOW to cast a shadow, and optionally CAST to surpress entity self-shadows, but as I remember on starting pssm it sets SHADOW for level_ent. in an older engine versions it crashed in case of 32b textures with self shadows, but currently it should work, but I use a customized version, not the one included...

Re: PSSM Shadows - 03/21/14 14:00

Im using an indoor setting. I'd like to have light hit objects and refract their shadows onto other objects in realtime. Perhaps someone knows of a good start to guide me in the right direction?

The search is on.
Posted By: sivan

Re: PSSM Shadows - 03/21/14 15:04

it's not for indoor at all, just for a directional Sun light, which makes black inside a building. so in that case you need your own shadowmapping.

Re: PSSM Shadows - 03/21/14 16:32

thats what i thought i understood. will look more into it, thanks Sivan laugh

Re: PSSM Shadows - 03/22/14 18:45

could I ask this post be removed. I am going to make a new one in another thread with relative / different information laugh

Thank you

Edit: this whole section i've created... tongue im not too sure of the lingo at this moment ^_^ gunna look that up.
Posted By: 1234David

Re: PSSM Shadows - 09/12/14 07:30

You must set camera.clip_far lower.
F.e.: camera.clip_far = 1000;
and I think camera.clip_near must be greather than 0.

Good luck. wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums