Can A7 be used for book on A6?

Posted By: MiToVo

Can A7 be used for book on A6? - 04/04/14 12:19

Hello,

Quick question here. I recently purchased the "Official Guide to 3D Game Studio", by Michael Duggan. I intend to go through the tutorials and projects in the book, but there's one thing I'm curious about.

I'm currently an A7 Commercial license owner. The book, however, is written around A6. I'm just wondering, for anyone perhaps familiar with the book, if there's anything in A6 that's handled very differently in A7, to the extent that it would cause confusion, or result in roadblocks, when trying to complete the projects?

If so, then I may actually just install the A6 version that comes on the disc and go through them with that.. then return to A7 once I'm through it.

So, is there any reason I couldn't, or shouldn't use A7 for the A6 based projects, or is everything pretty much the same?

Thanks!

Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Can A7 be used for book on A6? - 04/04/14 13:03

the script language is different (c-script vs. lite-c)

I think this can be a problem, but I don't know the exact differences between those two.
Posted By: DLively

Re: Can A7 be used for book on A6? - 04/11/14 01:20

The difference in the two is minuscule. However teaching yourself c_script to teach yourself lite-c is kinda doing double the work.. I'd like to suggest learning lite-c through some tutorials on the forum / acknex website and once you are more familiar with lite-c, then look over the c-script. Much easier this way i would think. I used to use c-script and converting my old project over took me no more than 2 days max...
© 2024 lite-C Forums