[help] Published Icon

Posted By: DLively

[help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 04:35

So I downloaded IconChanger and made a backup of the engine icon and created a new one for my project.
When the game is published, it doesnt change the icon when the game is running or in the tray, but it does for the exe file.
However when I compile it into an installer, I can overwrite the tray icon - Just not not the preview icon (by which I mean if you hover your mouse over an inactive / active window in the taskbar a preview is displayed) The icon displayed is the Acknex icon.

How can I overcome this?

I read there is a SED Plugin for this, where can I find that to try it out?
Posted By: Scifi

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 07:38

Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 10:08

Also iirc (but that was maybe in older window's) that when you see the icon you sometimes it still has the same thumbnail (so it looks like the icon of your game in a folder hasn't changed). If that is the case, you need to delete the thumbs.db I think (it is hidden iirc), so windows can make a new one.
Posted By: sivan

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 10:12

as I remember the SED plugin has been buggy in A8 (A7 was fine). is it fixed?
Posted By: Emre

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 10:35

Originally Posted By: manual
(Pro) If an icon file named "32.ico" (size 32x32) or "16.ico" (size 16x16) is found in the work folder, it is automatically loaded and used for the task bar icon instead of the icon from the EXE. Alternatively you can use the SED ChangeExeIcon plugin for patching the executable with your own icon.

try 32 or 16.ico it works.

Posted By: sivan

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 10:55

great thanks.

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 13:13

Emre, Thanks but Its not working for me smirk
I've been trying this on and off for the last month and read that from the manual many times grin
I placed my Icon files in the work folder with the titles 16 / 32.ico and no such luck unless I alter them manually through an external program smirk
Is there some secret step I haven't followed yet? grin

@ Scifi, I dont have that option in my plugins
Does anyone know where I can locate the plugin to install it manually?

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 15:08

Reinstalling gamestudio probably works so you have plugin.

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 16:00

this is a pretty fresh install. smirk
Does anyone know where I can find the plugin, and download it?

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 16:09

So I converted the icon back to its original state, and am trying the 16 / 32 icon feature that comes with A8 Pro - But To my surprise the exe icon didnt change back in the project folder - but when I run the game I see the A8 icon in the tray and in the preview

EDIT: I know the revert worked - But this is so strange smirk

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 16:43

From my understanding with jcl the 16/32 method was for A7 only. Does anyone know a good freeware icon changer? I dont need fancy features just want to make sure that all the icons change correctly

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 16:56

Greenfish Icon Editor, IIRC that one is free.

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 18:42

Greenfish is indeed a great tool!

Perhaps you could help me through this? I have opened the acknex icon in the gstudio8 folder, and saved a backup. Then overwrote the original with my icon. My published version Icon appears correctly, but when I run the game, it displays as the acknex icon still.

I made a new icon for each entry 16,32,48
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 18:46

Just use resourcehacker..
Posted By: fogman

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 20:44

http://www.conitec.net/beta/wed_publish.htm

Quote:

EXE files and icons

For using an EXE file with an individual icon, create a copy of the acknex.exe engine in your Gamestudio folder, alter the icon of the copy with an Icon Manager program, and give the path to the altered EXE in the Engine field (or just copy it back to acknex.exe). The executable will then be created from your copy with the altered icon, rather than from the original engine. The icon from the EXE will also be used for the task bar. Please note that afterwards altering the icon of a published executable won't work.

P (needs Pro Version) If an icon file named "32.ico" (size 32x32) or "16.ico" (size 16x16) is found in the work folder, it is automatically loaded and used for the task bar icon instead of the icon from the EXE. Alternatively you can use the SED ChangeExeIcon plugin for patching the executable with your own icon.

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/10/14 21:58

Thanks Fogman laugh Good to see you around the forums wink

I am trying that method again,

Quote:

P (needs Pro Version) If an icon file named "32.ico" (size 32x32) or "16.ico" (size 16x16) is found in the work folder, it is automatically loaded and used for the task bar icon instead of the icon from the EXE. Alternatively you can use the SED ChangeExeIcon plugin for patching the executable with your own icon.

This however was for A7 only according to jcl

It is still not working for me smirk

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/11/14 10:10

Your right DLively, it does not seem to change the icon in the taskbar (it does change the exe icon). Maybe we are missing a smaller icon specially used for the taskbar?

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/11/14 14:04

No I have covered 16 - 256

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/12/14 12:58

Still searching for an answer laugh
Posted By: Emre

Re: [help] Published Icon - 07/12/14 14:05

I think that the problem (taskbar icon) related with acknex.dll, not related with exe. and as far as i know users can't change acknex.dll with any icon program or with resource hacker. You should ask Jcl, maybe he can bring back "16-32.ico feature" with next update.
© 2024 lite-C Forums