Question

Posted By: Gino_Fabrizio

Question - 07/29/14 22:16

Hi all. I have a question. If I use endless level load, and then I add an entity, the entity will be in all the level dimensions? I mean because the level is repeated infinite times, so the model is in all this times ? thanks
Posted By: Superku

Re: Question - 07/29/14 22:20

There is only one "instance" of every model that you place in your level, either dynamically or via WED. The infiniteness comes from rendering the world multiple times from different locations and orientations and laying the views on top of each other without any visible seams.

Re: Question - 07/29/14 22:29

So, if I place a tree in the map there only will be 1 tree in all the infinite world?
Posted By: Superku

Re: Question - 07/29/14 22:48

Well this is basically the same question as before, should I copy/ paste my previous response then (no offense!)?

Re: Question - 07/29/14 22:50

Sorry for my bad english, i didnt understand well the answer xd
Posted By: tolu619

Re: Question - 07/30/14 00:38

Just to be clear, he's saying that there will be only 1 tree in the infinite world if you place just 1 tree in it.

Re: Question - 07/30/14 01:08

Thanks for reply. Another question came out... Can i place an entity in a position out of the first level loaded, I mean, in other of all the "infinite levels" loaded??
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: Question - 07/30/14 09:52

These sound like questions that you can easily try for yourself.

Re: Question - 07/31/14 18:24

I can't actually, my fps go down when I use level_loadendless smirk
Another question came up! How to make the level the darkest possible? And a fog if possible?? Thanks!
Posted By: DLively

Re: Question - 07/31/14 23:31

Try my WED tutorial to give you a bit of help with Sunlight and fog laugh

This might help some other issues or questions you may have.

Re: Question - 08/01/14 14:18

Thanks for your reply. I did look your Tutorial, its very well! But I didn't understand how you make the terrain mountainous?? And why when I add a model, the shadow drops down my FPS to 5 - 3 xd!

P.S.: Using a netbook, 1,66GHz processor, Intel Graphics Accelerator 3150 video card.

Re: Question - 08/02/14 17:20

Answer pls frown

Re: Question - 08/03/14 02:19

Thanks.

You'll have to make your own terrain in MED, or find another program to make your terrains in. The GPU and CPU aren't very big - Thus your performance will lack. try setting the shadow_stencil back to 0, and try that. Your shadows wont appear very nice so you may want to make some dynamic shadows for that (fake bmap shadows).

Hope this helps.

Re: Question - 08/03/14 04:50

And how to make the terrain mountainous??

Re: Question - 08/03/14 14:20

Quote:
You'll have to make your own terrain in MED, or find another program to make your terrains in.

Re: Question - 08/04/14 15:38

Thanks you! Another question is: How to place an antity right in the floor? Not giving the Z manually, or placing in the WED, by ent_place?

Re: Question - 08/04/14 17:07

Are you asking for gravity? Done through Programming?

Re: Question - 08/04/14 17:29

Oh I think I understand your question now. I looked back to see if you responded and re-read your question.

ent_create("model.mdl", vector(x,y,z), action);

Where model is the name of the model, x,y,z is the position in the map where you would like the entity to be created, and the action you would like it to follow. If no action is required, set it to NULL

Re: Question - 08/04/14 19:13

Mmmm thats right, but if I want to place an entity randomly in the floor, and the Z varies in the map, it will not be correctly placed (will be a bit upper of the ground). How to place it in the ground ?

Re: Question - 08/04/14 19:15

If the terrain have elevations, mountains, etc., the Z position will not be the same is what I mean. I think via c_scan??
Posted By: Quad

Re: Question - 08/04/14 19:17

nope, with c_trace

Re: Question - 08/04/14 21:17

use a c_trace instead of scan.

Scan detects through walls

EDIT: Quad got to you first ^_^

Re: Question - 08/05/14 02:05

So, I place the entity at 1000 height and c_trace in vector(my.x, my.y, my.z - 10000) ?? Thanks laugh
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Question - 08/05/14 10:41

c_trace(VECTOR* from, VECTOR* to, var mode);

-------------------------------------------

VECTOR* from: where the trace starts, so in your case 'my.x'.

VECTOR* to: where the trace ends. So e.g. your 'vector(my.x, my.y, my.z - 10000)'.

var mode: what you want that your trace ignores (e.g. passable entities).

ps: you should check the manual, it gives examples of c_trace too.

Re: Question - 08/05/14 15:59

Quote:
ps: you should check the manual, it gives examples of c_trace too.

I second this.
© 2024 lite-C Forums