Multible Windows / Screens

Posted By: NicolaB

Multible Windows / Screens - 03/18/18 04:21

Hello,
I am working on a simlulator and i would like to separate the Screens.
On one Screen should be the Players view, on the second Screen Instruments (Speed, RPM, Fuel etc.). The idea is to use one Laptop/PC only.
If i can open two Windows which are interacting with each other would be great.
Is that possible with 3dgs?
Posted By: Superku

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 03/18/18 09:41

You can start 2 (or more) instances of your game, call session_open() on the first one and session_connect() on subsequent instances.
Then you can communicate between windows with send_data (recommended) or other instructions.
http://www.conitec.net/beta/amultiplayer.htm
Posted By: NicolaB

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 03/19/18 02:26

Hi SuperKu,
Danke für die Antwort.
Ich habe die Lite-C free Version. Klappt`s auch damit, oder braucht die Pro Version?

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 03/19/18 08:20

Oh, didn't think about that. Multiplayer/ network instructions are only available in (the former Commercial and) the Pro edition, sorry.
You will have to use a single window it seems (which I'd suggest anyway).
Have a look at this feature as well though: http://www.conitec.net/beta/video_border.htm
Posted By: Dooley

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 04/02/18 20:00

If you are not entirely in need of having them as separate windows, look into the VIEW and bmap_rendertarget comands in the manual. There is a lot you can do within one game window.
Posted By: BorgNot

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 04/15/18 01:21

Originally Posted By: Superku
Oh, didn't think about that. Multiplayer/ network instructions are only available in (the former Commercial and) the Pro edition, sorry.
You will have to use a single window it seems (which I'd suggest anyway).
Have a look at this feature as well though: http://www.conitec.net/beta/video_border.htm

Can one use the A7 Commercial for multiplayer networking and also use A8 Pro for other programming? Or, is the multiplayer networking capability inside the A8 Pro which does not have instructions like the A7 Commercial/Pro?

BN

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 04/17/18 07:59

Originally Posted By: BorgNot
Can one use the A7 Commercial for multiplayer networking and also use A8 Pro for other programming?

Not quite sure what you mean, sorry. confused

The A7 and A8 network functions are pretty much the same, although some stuff like session_open/... is available in A8 Commercial (and Pro) while it was only available in A7 Pro, not in A7 Commercial edition. The number of players in the Commercial edition is limited. There may be other limitations as well but I cannot remember any right now.
Posted By: BorgNot

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 04/18/18 02:32

Actually, you are clarifying my confusion. Thank you.

The only other confusion I have is about the Help files for A8 Pro now. I am assuming that A8 Commercial is only for those who have that version prior to no longer being available. So, does the A8 Pro have as well developed help and instructions as A7 Pro?

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: Superku
Can one use the A7 Commercial for multiplayer networking and also use A8 Pro for other programming?

Not quite sure what you mean, sorry. confused

The A7 and A8 network functions are pretty much the same, although some stuff like session_open/... is available in A8 Commercial (and Pro) while it was only available in A7 Pro, not in A7 Commercial edition. The number of players in the Commercial edition is limited. There may be other limitations as well but I cannot remember any right now.

Re: Multible Windows / Screens - 04/18/18 13:58

Yes, A8 Commercial is gone now (now the Pro costs pretty much the same as the old Commercial edition). You can upgrade to A8 Pro from A8 Com if you need or wish to as well.

does the A8 Pro have as well developed help and instructions as A7 Pro?

Hmm if you mean the documentation, yes, it's "the same" but updated and with less errors.
You can see the online documentation here: http://manual.3dgamestudio.net/
I always use the *.chm file (that opens when you press the F1 key) though.
© 2024 lite-C Forums