FPS Weapons

Posted By: Blobfist

FPS Weapons - 04/08/18 19:58

Hello Community!

I was wondering if there are any fps weapon models I could use for my project (hand holding weapon).
I am asking because a lot of 3dgs projects have such models, so I was wondering if there are such resources.
Posted By: 3run

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/08/18 20:17

Hello!

You could use models from FPS Creator, they were realised for free.
Check this thread out.

Best regards!

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/08/18 21:21

That is awesome!

I downloaded the fps creator pack 6 and imported via med (import fbx).
It did work however, the weapon is not quite attached to the arms, like there are to separate models.

You can download and test my conversion test.
It contains all sounds, images, the original fbx file, as well as the converted mdl file:
Download Model

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/08/18 21:32

It's imported wrong, I guess. There was a program called Mender (search WEB for it, it was a free tool from The Game Creatiors, if you won't find it, PM me), it used to fix some animation issues in those .x models. Also, I wouldn't import them streight into the MED, but would use FragMOTION or MilkShape instead (but those aren't free unfortunetly). Maybe blender could be used to import those models into the MED, give it a try!

Greets!

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/09/18 13:22

I got it!

Steps:

1. convert all .dds image files to .tga

2. download/buy fragMOTION (30 days trail)
Milchshape does not support animated DirectX formats, I tested it.

3. import the DirectX model

4. export directs as mdl to 3dgs.

Notes:
Importing and exporting/converting from format .fbx works also great.
Milkshake supports animated .fbx files though.

I haven't found a free program to do so yet...

Here are the fully animated weapon/arms and static weapon model:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja1ga89dgas8q48/AT9mm.7z?dl=0

Hey, I can convert the whole weapon model pack and we can add the models in that awesome magazine you got there, AUM!
You guys have no idea how helpful that magazine was to me.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/09/18 14:55

just want to note that acknex can handle basic .dds textures perfectly fine (I also think it's the best choice of format)

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/09/18 15:51

Hey!

Glad you found a solution! But here are few tips:
Originally Posted By: Blobfist
1. convert all .dds image files to .tga
This isn't needed, cause .dds is supported and it's awesome.

Originally Posted By: Blobfist
2. download/buy fragMOTION (30 days trail)
Milchshape does not support animated DirectX formats, I tested it.
I used both of them to archive the best results, cause exporting directly into 3dgs .mdl format can cause troubles with face smoothing etc.
I used to export from fragMOTION into MilkShape 3D format (.ms3d) and then from MilkShape 3D into MilkShape 3D ASCII which can be impoted in MED without any troubles. If models will have wrong animations or so, use Mender (I mentioned in previous post), it helps in most of the times.

Best regards!

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/09/18 17:04

Your right DDS is supported crazy

There are still problems with other models I found.
This model for instance:
model download

..will not import with skin.
When I try to export it from fragMOTION directly to med, I get an corrupted file that cannot be opened.
If I export it to milkshake and export it again for mdl from milkshake, I get a readable file.
The animations however are not exported. Which is weired, since it clearly shows all the frames that should be there, just without actual animations grin

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/09/18 17:34

For showing your models, better use pictures, cause possibly no one will download a model to check it out. About importing with frames etc, just follow steps I've wrote above (fragMOTION into MilkShape 3D format (.ms3d) and then from MilkShape 3D into MilkShape 3D ASCII which can be impoted in MED).

Greets!

Re: FPS Weapons - 04/14/18 18:12

I totally forgot to answer.
That fixed the problem, it imports great now!

Thank you
© 2024 lite-C Forums