How to create an entity in WED ?

Posted By: Anewbie

How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/26/18 22:18

This probably sounds stupid but I spent so much time trying to figure out the interface of the WED but still can not figure out a way to add entities to the level from the user interface ? I am looking at other levels that have entities in them which you can access their behaviour properties. But I am not able to add any to my own level. I can add objects and custom models but not entities.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: rayp

Re: How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/26/18 22:27

Maybe this helps

Sprites, models, Terrains etc can be entitys.

Greets

Re: How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/26/18 22:31

omg thank you so much. I was just adding models in a different way i guess i feel dumb now eek
Posted By: rayp

Re: How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/26/18 22:33

Your welcome. And welcome to the Forum.

In your script u can use something like this:

Then it looks like this in WED:

edit:
for flags
Code:
//flag1 AnyText 0

or 1 for checked.

Re: How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/29/18 10:59

I am able to add the models by using ent_create etc. without a problem but when i add objects through the WED or GED they dissappear when I run the level. I checked the properties, flags etc. but can't seem to find the reason why this happens. It is probably something super easy but couldn't figure out why. Do you have any solutions for this ?
Posted By: Emre

Re: How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/29/18 19:45

Did you build the level?

Re: How to create an entity in WED ? - 10/30/18 13:50

Well... Apperantly you have to build a simple map first crazy I thought since it saved and showed the models in editor it wasn't necessary. Thank you for the answer, it worked !
© 2024 lite-C Forums