cannot import fbx in Med?

Posted By: Reconnoiter

cannot import fbx in Med? - 09/29/19 19:26

Hi,

I switched to another laptop and now I cannot seem to import .fbx models anymore in Med (I also haven't used gstudio8 for a year or so). When I try to import them nothing happens (0 faces & vertices). On my previous laptop it worked (both Win10 64 bit). I also tried reinstalling gstudio8 again (instead of just c&p it from my backup hdd) but I still get nothing on import. What is strange is that I can open models in med and I can also run my scripts/projects, it is just the importing from fbx that seems to be broken or something like that. confused

Re: cannot import fbx in Med? - 10/06/19 12:59

Hmm importing from obj does seem to work but fbx does not, very strange. Did a new version of Windows perhaps broke it?
Posted By: txesmi

Re: cannot import fbx in Med? - 10/06/19 13:12

I have got the same system installed, summer update included and just checked it works correctly. Something related to MS C++ Redistributable 2010 package? I remember some troubles around the fbx importer solved by reinstalling it.

Re: cannot import fbx in Med? - 10/06/19 20:35

Originally Posted by txesmi
I have got the same system installed, summer update included and just checked it works correctly. Something related to MS C++ Redistributable 2010 package? I remember some troubles around the fbx importer solved by reinstalling it.
, I think you're on to something. I just noticed that even with obj import I don't get an import screen, could that possibly be the reason why the whole fbx importing does not work?
I tried reinstalling the 2010 Redistributable but it is not fixed yet but I think it might be something related (some other old package or such).
Posted By: txesmi

Re: cannot import fbx in Med? - 10/07/19 08:00

Originally Posted by Reconnoiter
could that possibly be the reason why the whole fbx importing does not work?

No idea, i'm sorry. As far as I know, the only dependece of the engine is the named package. You can try the same options as always, such as changing MEDs execution to a legacy compatible one or execute it with admin rights. Just an idea.

Salud!

Re: cannot import fbx in Med? - 10/27/19 19:33

I solved it by accident! ^.^
It now lists 'Model from FBX 2010' too (which does work) after downloading a game on Steam (it installed a package which would probably explained it, iirc it was at least one from 2005 but not entirely sure).
© 2024 lite-C Forums