Collision

Posted By: Blacknova

Collision - 03/12/21 17:13

I don't get smart. Have been trying for days now. The car always drives through everything. Use the Car Script from Pro 8. The car or script has no collision detection. Or what am I doing wrong?

Look picture cry
[img]https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-038670-1615568040.jpg.html[/img][size:14pt][/size]
Posted By: 3run

Re: Collision - 03/12/21 18:07

Hey, do you use terrains? If so, make sure that you don't scale it in WED (you can only scale it via MED). Also make sure to set 'Create Meshes' flag in WED's Map Compiler.

Re: Collision - 03/12/21 19:53

I not scale the terrains in WED. Flag "Create Meshes" in WED's Map Compiler is made. Still, it doesn't work frown cry
Posted By: NeoDumont

Re: Collision - 03/12/21 21:06

Dont scale the terrain in MED from small to too large. Use enough polygons for the terrain.

I found an elder script where I wrote a simple action for the terrain :

Action Makepoly()
set (my, POLYGON)

was attached to the terrain

You may also try to change the terraindetail value fot your terrain.

Hope that helps

NeoDumont
Posted By: 3run

Re: Collision - 03/13/21 08:55

Originally Posted by Blacknova
I not scale the terrains in WED. Flag "Create Meshes" in WED's Map Compiler is made. Still, it doesn't work frown cry
Terrain is the only mesh that doesn't have collisions? Does it collide with level blocks?

Edit: aside from all this, there is an example of how to setup vehicle called 'knights_on_wheels.c' it can be found in 'GStudio8\samples' folder. I strongly recommend you to take a look at that. As it's nearly impossible for us to guess what's causing troubles on yourside. It's better for you to take a closer look at how (more or less) correct example works. Also, terrain details (or any other customizable visual settings of the terrain) have nothing to do with collision detection, so don't waste your time. Simply learn from the working example that engine provides.

Best regards.

Re: Collision - 03/13/21 16:29

I found the error. grin You have to place the terrain exactly in the X axis in the WED. The Collision is running. blush Have tested it with two terrain and it works great. laugh

See picture
[img]https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-bc673c-1615653176.png.html[/img]
© 2024 lite-C Forums