how can i use chinese language in 3dgamestudio?

Posted By: hebei3034

how can i use chinese language in 3dgamestudio? - 09/17/05 02:20

I come from china ,I want to make a RPG game use 3dgamestudio,but i donot know
how to do use chinese language in game,can anyone help me,thanks!
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: how can i use chinese language in 3dgamestudio? - 09/17/05 02:32

A while back there was a thread about this for Japanese characters. The forum has been cleaned up, and posts over a years old have all been deleted, so I'll try to tell you what I remember.

Chinese must be the most problematic font set to incorporate. You'd be best using a True Type font. If you want pretty-looking bitmap fonts, either limit the number of characters you will use and split them into several font sets of 256 characters each -that could be quite a task with Chinese. The other way is to just write the dialoges on spites -you'll end up a sprite for every posible dialoge.
Posted By: hebei3034

Re: how can i use chinese language in 3dgamestudio? - 09/18/05 04:43

i will try it,thanks!
Posted By: OptimuS

Re: how can i use chinese language in 3dgamestudio? - 09/21/05 22:49

there was a font generator somewhere. Just a little program that takes a font from your computer (I tryed with Bulgarian) and it makes it to 3dgs graphic format...there is an option in it to set it to 2 languages I think , one is English the other you will specify it
I'm not shure how this was done , but it could be done I still have the project with the Bulgarian in it.
Posted By: chihchang

Re: how can i use chinese language in 3dgamestudio? - 03/17/07 12:53

4 or 5 years ago, there's a True Type fonts DLL that can display any characters to screen.
Anyone who can help to find it?
thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums