Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions

Posted By: jermaine

Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 11:46

OK i just bought 3dgs 3 days ago and i would just like to say just fromlooking at the demos It is the best.

1. One problem though is that when i try to open the model editor i get a cant load gxl object how can i fix this?

Also i have a few basic question.
2. If i bought the $49 version can i sell the games i make?
3. Also does the $49 version have collision detection.( read some where that only the $89 version has a physics engine. Or is that 2 different things?)

4. And can i integrate my own physics engine into my game?(newton, ode, or my make my own?

If you can answer tese question that would be great.
Thanks
Posted By: Cemper

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 12:12

1. You must convert them to .mdl or .md2
2. Yes, but you must show the 3D-Gamestudio-Logo for 1 second at game start.
3. That are two different things.
4. I don't know if that works with the standard-edition, ask a standard-user.
Posted By: FoxHound

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 12:30

Physics is only in Commercial and Pro, but you can use the newton plugin for your physics.

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 16:33

thanks for the replies.for the first question i click on the icon to open the model editor. i get the choose gxl object screen. i pick one of the views and click ok. I get a strange eror that says cant load gxl object.
gxl2d.dll--something like that.
i can even see the model editor

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 16:35

what can i do^
Posted By: ulillillia

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 16:53

Quote:

OK i just bought 3dgs 3 days ago and i would just like to say just fromlooking at the demos It is the best.

1. One problem though is that when i try to open the model editor i get a cant load gxl object how can i fix this?

Use the GXL object that has GXL2DX8A.DLL as the file name. Note the A at the end. Both should use the same thing.

Quote:

Also i have a few basic question.
2. If i bought the $49 version can i sell the games i make?

You can sell your game with any edition except the trial. This includes the $49 standard edition.

Quote:

3. Also does the $49 version have collision detection.( read some where that only the $89 version has a physics engine. Or is that 2 different things?)

Collision is available even in the trial version. Collision is very common. My 2D game, however, uses a far different system in which the collision system built into the engine doesn't apply to so I had to make my own system.

Quote:

4. And can i integrate my own physics engine into my game?(newton, ode, or my make my own?

If you can answer tese question that would be great.
Thanks

The built-in physics engine is only available for the Commercial edition (1 object at a time) or the Pro edition (any number of objects at once). You can, however, either use Newton or write your own physics engine with C-script. My 2D game, of which the physics engine doesn't apply to (even though I have the Commercial edition), uses a custom physics engine I had to program myself.

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 16:58

Thanks alot

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 17:04

for modeling editing problem i am still having a issue.
Its still not loading.
I cant see no interface or anything

Re: Hello! yay my first post!just a few questions - 05/17/06 17:06

onever mine i got in
© 2024 lite-C Forums